NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Chiefs are terrible now.

This has been a crazy season. Patriots still look like favorites. We should be talking about if they will make it back to the Super Bowl after losing it last year to the Falcons. But instead it is the defending champions doing what they do, winning. The only constant left in the NFL at this point.

Eagles look good. At 9-1 you cant say they have been lucky or had a soft schedule, they have beat quality teams and have done it while scoring a ton of points. I always favored good-bad teams who can score, rather than a good-bad team that had a dominant defense but cant score. And yes, i do think the Eagles are a good-bad team. Key word was they "look" good. But I know there is still some bad there. Either Wentz is going to start making bad decisions again, or they will suffer a key injury on defense and start giving up a ton of points, something is going to happen to them. No way they finish 14-2 or whatever, I think they will finish at like 11-5 or 12-4, which is still very good, but come playoff time I dont see them beating Seattle or even Atlanta. They could probably get past the Vikings or Saints, and maybe even Seattle because of the injuries, but I just feel like the Eagles have peaked and they will come back down to earth.

49ers wont finish the season without a win! Now we get to see Jimmy G next week, and Rueben Foster has 24 tackles in 2 games including multiple tackles for loss and has been flying around. He will be commanding the defense soon once he gets more reps and will be an All Pro ala Willis/Bowman by 2019.

eagles will only get stronger.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the Saints are going to make a deep run.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Patriots will finish- most likely- 14-2 or 13-3- miami, jets and buffalo are not playing well atm...and the patriots play them 5 times in the next 6 games

week 15 game patriots vs steelers imo is for the #1 seed slot.

afc
patriots
jacksonville
steelers

are the 3 teams to beat. i'll give the edge to the patriots (since i am a pats homer) to make the SB. Jacksonville imo gets 2 maybe 3 rounds in if they stick to the 3 spot - WC win, then they would play the #2 seed which will be (in my opinion) the steelers. they might get by the steelers (they beat them once this year-granted early in the season)

NFC...
Philly imo is the team to beat this year
saints D is a bit suspect-but they are playing well
minnesota
rams

all said and done i think philly get to the SB...depending on the opponent rams most likely will lose in the divisional round.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't know how anyone could think Eagles are going to fall off based on what we've seen. They're dominating. Even if they've peaked, they still have a ways to go before they're losing games. Atlanta and Seattle have much more serious issues than them.

• 2Like

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't know how anyone could think Eagles are going to fall off based on what we've seen. They're dominating. Even if they've peaked, they still have a ways to go before they're losing games. Atlanta and Seattle have much more serious issues than them.

There's not really anything fluky about what they're doing, they're just a solidly built team. Defensively their front 7 may be the best in football, and their secondary has turned into a surprisingly deep group. Offensively they've got a great line, good skill position players, and Wentz took a major step forward obviously. Even his rise isn't a fluke for anyone who watched the team last year. He was thrown into the starting role a few days before the season, and he generally looked pretty solid despite a really weak group of receivers. You could see the potential, and you can see that he took strides to fix his turnover issues. Most of his INTs last year came from sailing balls over the middle, this year he tightened up his throwing motion and isn't having the same issue.

All that being said, I wouldn't be shocked to see them lose to the Saints in the playoffs. Brees has been there before and I do think that experience counts for something.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Agree with Skrala on the experience factor. I see Brees and Payton being able to grind out a win. But that's as it stands right now. Could all change over last 6 games. NFC so stacked.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Agreed. The fact that the Saints have been winning a lot of games with defense and running the ball should scare the shit out of teams.

This. Buddy of mine is convinced if Eagles get home field, Saints won't be able to win outdoors in January up there...but defense and that running game travels.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
This. Buddy of mine is convinced if Eagles get home field, Saints won't be able to win outdoors in January up there...but defense and that running game travels.
The saints beat the eagles in Philly last time they met in the playoffs, guess that was 4-5 years ago now.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm

If it comes down to that I actually like the Eagles. They're basically dead even with the Saints in rushing (2nd/3rd in the league separated by a few yards), and first in rush defense.

Brees scares the shit out of me, has since he was at Purdue and I was at Penn State.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
if i was Jerry Jones:

A) threaten 31 owners
B) stand tall with losing record
C) beg owners to not exile him

I'll take a papa john pizza when it becomes available

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Heard something funny, not sure if legit. Stat was that no Peterman pass hit the ground incomplete...they were all caught by someone.

• 2Worf

Fadaar

That guy
NFC is the Eagles/Saints to lose right now. Long as their QB's stay healthy both teams could make a serious push for the Super Bowl. Vikings are really solid too but something about them just bothers me and I can't quite figure it out.

Fadaar

That guy
Could it be Case Keenum?

Nah, he's good enough to not fuck games away. I think their defense is what makes me question them. They've played a lot of teams with bad offenses until this past week, and the way they shut down the Rams is leading me toward believing they're actually legit and that the Redskins putting up 30 was just an anomaly (not that the Redskins offense is THAT bad compared to some of their other recent games). Their next 3 games, all on the road, will tell it all -- @DET, @ATL, @CAR. That's a rough stretch of NFC hopefuls right there.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It looks like the Eagles are world beaters but I'm not convinced. They don't appear to have any weaknesses, and the rest of the strong NFC teams are flawed, but when it comes playoff time I just can't trust them to win a big game.

I have a feeling they drop 2 out of 3 next few weeks and go into playoffs looking vulnerable.