NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have to agree the travel just wouldn't be fair for a London team, nor their opponents each year. NHL for awhile was trying to sell league to Europe with thoughts of expanding to a whole division of teams in Europe, but the travel would just be too brutal overall.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
cowboyscat.gif

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
London would be a scheduling nightmare. I imagine they would have to do all there west coast away games in a row, then the home games and them the east coast away games or something along those lines. Fuck that noise.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Cam Newton out for the year. If they trade him or cut him its a 19.1M cap savings next year.

Hosix

All labs matter!

Not sure if this goes here or college football thread...Drew is the man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That was a really good speech. Like something you'd see in an inspirational sports film.

Have to agree the travel just wouldn't be fair for a London team, nor their opponents each year. NHL for awhile was trying to sell league to Europe with thoughts of expanding to a whole division of teams in Europe, but the travel would just be too brutal overall.

What about jettisoning the preseason, give every team an extra bye, and make sure a London team gets a "US Tour" with a bye at each end? US teams can arrange those extra byes likewise if they are going to London.

Wembley, man, Wembley. That is where stuff happens UK wise.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What about jettisoning the preseason, give every team an extra bye, and make sure a London team gets a "US Tour" with a bye at each end? US teams can arrange those extra byes likewise if they are going to London.

Wembley, man, Wembley. That is where stuff happens UK wise.

That would definitely have to be the framework to make it anywhere near okay. I know with the NHL they were figuring on doing a massively unbalanced division schedule so those teams mostly just traveled around Europe for long stretches then would do extended road trips to the US where they'd play the majority of their US road schedule in one go.

I know Wembley has the magic, but with travel times how they are still, I just think it's going to have a large effect still no matter how much they try to make it fair.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
On top of all of the above, they would need to get rid of Thursday night games.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Or at least line it up so that teams playing Thursday games have their bye the previous week. That fast turnaround is dumb as fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I suspect London will be a major part of the new collective bargaining agreement.

• 1Like

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 game pre-season. 18 game regular season. Add a second bye week. Thursday games are always played around a bye. So twice a year you get 10 days rest, game, and then another 10 days rest. Extra 2 games are second games against strength of schedule matchups in same conference.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck it mine as well go 20 reg season games, just throw pre season in the trash!

Hosix

All labs matter!
I guess in the end I am a purest. I don’t mind pre season getting cut in half. But all the records we have are based on 16 games.

I guess if it goes to something like 18 games we will just have a second set of records.