NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
2 game pre-season. 18 game regular season. Add a second bye week. Thursday games are always played around a bye. So twice a year you get 10 days rest, game, and then another 10 days rest. Extra 2 games are second games against strength of schedule matchups in same conference.

I'm sure the players won't mind playing extra games and risking more injuries for free

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
It would be a longer term benefit to players financially to have an 18 game season. More games = more revenue = higher salary cap/bigger contracts. And they’d have leverage in agreeing in a CBA to more games at the return for some more stuff that benefits players in whatever way

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm sure the players won't mind playing extra games and risking more injuries for free

Yes, i'm sure they'd all give up their 10s of millions because it changed to a 2/18 instead of 4/16 season and instead go get a job making 5-40k a year. Nobody would ever want to play football again!

Matter of fact, i'm starting to understand why teams seem to be perpetual failures. It's because they don't want to add those postseason game injury risks!

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yes, i'm sure they'd all give up their 10s of millions because it changed to a 2/18 instead of 4/16 season and instead go get a job making 5-40k a year. Nobody would ever want to play football again!

Matter of fact, i'm starting to understand why teams seem to be perpetual failures. It's because they don't want to add those postseason game injury risks!

I'm sure you'd be totally down if your meth dealer told you you had to suck dick 10 hours more a week with no extra pay. Everyone loves doing more work for the same amount of money.

No, they're not all going to find a different job. But they will use their union to collectively organize against it or allow it for something in return.

Oh, and your comment is also extra dumb because they do get paid extra for playoff games.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind the extra games but maybe the NFL will give the fans something...like professional refs for the 2 extra games. They don't have to go overboard and give us the real thing the other 16 games since that's never been done and they are broke motherfuckers but it would be nice to see a little movement in the right direction with all that new money.

Edit- maybe even have a common sense rule for what a catch is or for PI? Help the fan understand these rules so that we aren't constantly wondering who paid to get these results? Like, which rich guy in LA bought that ref in the NFC divisional? LMAO.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm sure you'd be totally down if your meth dealer told you you had to suck dick 10 hours more a week with no extra pay. Everyone loves doing more work for the same amount of money.

No, they're not all going to find a different job. But they will use their union to collectively organize against it or allow it for something in return.

Oh, and your comment is also extra dumb because they do get paid extra for playoff games.

2 + 18 and 4 + 16 don't both equal 20 any more?

Oh and you're also extra dumb because the comment about playoff games was obviously a joke...

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd miss Thursday night games if they got canceled at this point. They are way way way better than Monday night games, this is mostly due to the network but they also seem to get better matchups compared to Mondays.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'd miss Thursday night games if they got canceled at this point. They are way way way better than Monday night games, this is mostly due to the network but they also seem to get better matchups compared to Mondays.

This is all intentional though. They are trying to fuck ESPN to get more money from the other networks by making the Thursday games the marquee weekday games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
2 + 18 and 4 + 16 don't both equal 20 any more?

Oh and you're also extra dumb because the comment about playoff games was obviously a joke...
They don't get paid per preseason game and most don't play all of them so it's not comparable to a real game.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I think AB either has some serious mental problems or simply is a bit of a retard. If you were to take football out of his life, what would have become of him. I don't see him finishing high school. Probably dealing and in and out of prison, if not dead.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure Jerry is Jonesing to sign him and cut the rest of his reciver core based on character alone. Almost at the half way point and no Cowboys under investigation, WTF

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Extra regar season games means more revenue and higher salary caps. It would be like if wizardhawk had a dick to meth ratio based on his dealers profits. He finds more buyers, he sucks more dicks, but gets more meth.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
BoltUp bitches!

giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
After what they did to the Packers, it would be a very Chargers thing to shit themselves against the Raiders.

Please let me be wrong.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
After what they did to the Packers, it would be a very Chargers thing to shit themselves against the Raiders.

Please let me be wrong.
True. The Raiders actuly have a pretty good offense. Would be easy for the Chargers to fall on their face. If the Raiders win tonight they will probably be a playoff team. Chargers winning might mean the same.

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
True. The Raiders actuly have a pretty good offense. Would be easy for the Chargers to fall on their face. If the Raiders win tonight they will probably be a playoff team. Chargers winning might mean the same.

I'm hoping the Chargers do the Chargers thing. But the Chargers can beat anyone in the league legitimately. It's never an easy game with them. And Rivers has owned the Raiders.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Well not a good way to start this.

Not sure about that PI call...but ill take it.

• 1Solidarity