NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Seems about right, $50k for a guy who makes $38k per game is pretty stiff but fair in my mind.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I would guess he will appeal and it will go to something closer to his weekly

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Seems about right, $50k for a guy who makes $38k per game is pretty stiff but fair in my mind.

does he have to pay taxes and his agent(s) and whatnot from that 38k or is that what he gets after taxes? If 38k is pre tax when he'd be lucky to clear some 25k

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty good cash but he's going to be a career back up at best and might be out of the league next year. 50k is a lot for him.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Seems excessive to be fined 131% of his game check

Eh, i'd argue that instead of his fine being lowered, the people who make tons of money should be fined a lot more than they are when they go full retard. Why do you think some of the douches in the NFL get fined for the same stupid shit 75 times? Because they get fined so little that it really doesn't matter.

Sterling

El Presidente
Maximum fines and shit are all baked into the CBA. Obviously 50k for someone making league minimum or thereabouts compared to someone making 8 figures is very different. Maybe his appeal gets it lowered, but lets not make it out like he was totally innocent.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He may not have been totally innocent but a 50k fine is seriously throwing the book at him when he wasn't the instigator and the guy who tried to kill him already has a history of violent behavior.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Maximum fines and shit are all baked into the CBA. Obviously 50k for someone making league minimum or thereabouts compared to someone making 8 figures is very different. Maybe his appeal gets it lowered, but lets not make it out like he was totally innocent.

I mean, if Garrett doesn't lose his shit and try and murder him then there wouldn't have even been a flag, much less a fine. Garrett hit him late and he reacted, happens every game.

A fine in the 5k-10k range would be a lot more appropriate

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not a lawyer but i'm pretty sure no... Next thing you know you guys are gonna be filing lawsuits against everyone who called you a name in elementary school for slander. "he called me gay in 2nd grade, your honor!"

It's pretty hard to show damages for someone calling you gay in 2nd grade. This on the other hand, you could make a case that if he gets that reputation it could cost him millions. I don't think anyone believes Garrett though so it's probably not going to cost him much.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

On one hand it is awesome to have a guy that tough. On the other, it worries me that he will make the injury worse, and wouldn't be at full health for a playoff run.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
He may not have been totally innocent but a 50k fine is seriously throwing the book at him when he wasn't the instigator and the guy who tried to kill him already has a history of violent behavior.

Rudolph was absolutely the instigator what game were you watching?

• 1Cringe
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users