NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep, we are in Year 12 of the Rodgers Era with ONE RING. I'm not putting it on him but the team's only been to three championship games during his career. It's the same tired shit of expecting them to be good just because of him and obviously that's a mistaken hypothesis. Looking back, this stat looks like it's still true which is crazy.

Is that stat only for teams having a winning record at the time the game was played? Pretty sure they were down in the 4th quarter to the Bears week 1 last year when he came back from injury to win.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Is that stat only for teams having a winning record at the time the game was played? Pretty sure they were down in the 4th quarter to the Bears week 1 last year when he came back from injury to win.

That was the first game of the season. Bears didn’t have a winning record. So ya it’s only a winning record at the time and an interesting stat. He has come back a few times against Detroit and they never have a winning record.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The Packers have had a top 5 qb basically uninterrupted since 1992. 27 years of Favre/Rodgers and only 2 Superbowls to show for it. Even Montana and Young only lasted 20 years.

Merrith

That was the first game of the season. Bears didn’t have a winning record. So ya it’s only a winning record at the time and an interesting stat. He has come back a few times against Detroit and they never have a winning record.

Seems like a weird quirk. Be curious to know if there were comebacks against teams that were "winning teams" which to me would mean above .500 record end of the year. The stat could be even crazier than it sounds originally.

Sterling

El Presidente
Seems like a weird quirk. Be curious to know if there were comebacks against teams that were "winning teams" which to me would mean above .500 record end of the year. The stat could be even crazier than it sounds originally.
But that wouldn't be .000 so that doesn't fit the narrative. Because it's not like if you swapped Rodgers and Brady that he wouldn't have a bunch of rings.

Merrith

But that wouldn't be .000 so that doesn't fit the narrative. Because it's not like if you swapped Rodgers and Brady that he wouldn't have a bunch of rings.

I wonder how many he would have if they swapped spots. More than 1, yeah I agree with that for sure. Curious what the number would be, though.

Sterling

El Presidente
I wonder how many he would have if they swapped spots. More than 1, yeah I agree with that for sure. Curious what the number would be, though.
Hard to say. Would he have bought in and did the 5 million less than market value contracts and all that? Team sport and one where the coach matters a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Tom Brady is just a garbage system quarterback who has been surrounded by the 51 best players in the NFL for his entire career. Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback who will ever play the game but he gets 51 high schoolers every season. If you swapped them, Rodgers would have 2 superbowl wins for every season he has played and probably somewhere around a 1000td:1int ratio.

On a serious note, if the Patriots don't get their shit together or the Ravens don't fall apart, I could see the Ravens winning in the playoffs.

• 3Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Patriots do an amazing job securing the back end of their defense.

Belichick just knows when to jettison players who have already produced the most value. It started with Ty Law, through Revis, to Butler and then also being shrewd enough to pay certain veterans who stay for a long time due to intangibles and knowing the system (McCourty, Chung).

Then he has an eye for talent, with guys like Gilmore transforming into basically the best CB in the league. They have had a good secondary for like 20 years running.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I think cause the only reason this is true is cause Brady got injured in one of his seasons otherwise the streak is ridiculous. I am a pretty big Russ fan and even I am like... that stat is kind of face palmy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think cause the only reason this is true is cause Brady got injured in one of his seasons otherwise the streak is ridiculous. I am a pretty big Russ fan and even I am like... that stat is kind of face palmy.

Even missing the 2008 season with an early ACL tear, Brady is personally on a 10 winning season streak and the Pats are on an 18 winning season streak. The only losing season Brady has ever participated in was his rookie season.

*edit*

and i dont think i included this season but since they're already past 8 wins that extends the streaks to 11 and 19 respectively. The next closest is the Seahawks at 8. Historically the only team that approaches the Patriots for consecutive 9+ win seasons is the 80s/90s 49ers who had a streak of 16.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That stat shows more than anything that a great team is needed with top notch coaching. Bill is the main reason the Pats have been the best dynasty of all time. Brady's amazing but Bill, more than any other factor, is the reason we all have to deal with wizardhawks, ubers, etc in this thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Which makes me technically correct. The best kind of correct.

• 1Worf

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
That wilson stat/record

Brady does not have it. because of his rookie season.

pats were 5-11 his rookie season when he was the 3rd string qb.
SINCE 2001- year 2 of his career- the patriots have finished with at least 9 wins every season.

on to sundays game vs the cowgirls...

defense played great in a sloppy wet cold game. except for that one game vs the ravens, they've been damn good.
offense- moved the ball BETTER than they have the past few games and actually showed a RUNNING GAME that was effective.
especially with michel- their main RB./.. he averaged 4.3 yrs per carry, a full yard more than his season average and the average he had LAST season.

patriots get healthy and can maintain that sort of average for the running game. and their defense continues to impress, they have a strong case to win the SB.

only teams right now that i think could beat them are the Ravens and the 49ers.. however, i don't think the ravens will play as good as they did that game 4 weeks ago, and the pats as BAD as they did that game 4 weeks ago... so that game- most likely the conference championship game- should be BETTER for the patriots.. and we'll see when we get to the superbowl :Evil...

Last edited:

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 1Like