NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get that there is always that vocal leader, and sorta "rah rah" guy. But for some reason he just came across as super cringe, to me at least. That is why I was asking fans of the team if they felt the same way.
What's cringe about it? How does it differ from other positive motivaters?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Most of it doesn't seem too bad to me, although if it is a literal nonstop thing it'd get annoying fast. The start, tho… "clear heart. clear eyes. great language. unwavering. unwavering language. unwavering belief." the fuck is that supposed to mean and how is it motivational or peppy? If anyone else started talking like that anywhere else everyone would assume they were either drunk or on drugs.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I always thought black guys were superior athletes, but realizing their skin is the same color as the ball and gives them a camouflage advantage makes sense.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Haven't any of you been forced to sit through team building bullshit at work? Clear heart, clear eyes is probably something the coaching staff gave a power point presentation about in training camp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Haven't any of you been forced to sit through team building bullshit at work? Clear heart, clear eyes is probably something the coaching staff gave a power point presentation about in training camp.

I think he watched too much Friday Night Lights tbh...

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

LOL! I wanted to say this! It's pretty much some BS they get you to repeat a few times.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh, I've only ever really worked at restaurants and cooks are definitely not the type of people you give those kind of presentations/meetings/pep talks to so maybe that's why it seems so weird to me.

I managed to sneak in to the playoffs in my fantasy league by winning last week and the guy I needed to lose lost. I need Robinson and the Bears defense to take a dump all over Dallas tonight!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think anyone in the corporate world knows about stupid motivation talk or hype talk. Thing is like 5% of the people will buy into it and the rest know it's retarded. Anyone that talks like that I immediately think they are dipshits.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Heh my wife has team building meetings and job meetings weekly, hates them and misses about 1/3rd due to seeing patients (veterinarian)

this is the extent of ALL the team building meetings MY work has had.... " ok for the next several days/week/2 weeks while i am away work on these projects --bill you are on these (lists ~2 jobs) len you are on these(lists ~5), chris you are on these(lists ~5), scott we have these addresses that need to be surveyed(lists anywhere from 3 to 8 addresses)".

the only other "team building" stuff we do is a christmas party at the bosses house where we eat & drink then leave after a few hrs.

Fadaar

That guy
Military aircraft maintenance then got out and went right into aircraft manufacturing which is almost all also military veterans. Yeah, you try doing some of that team building shit with us you'd end up with the sensitivity training scene from Rescue Me:

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't Wilson mega religious? This type of shit is probably fed to him by his pastor who's most likely playing the long con and eyes big donations.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wilson is an actual NPC, got it. Weird as feck

1575571021103.png

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh, I've only ever really worked at restaurants and cooks are definitely not the type of people you give those kind of presentations/meetings/pep talks to so maybe that's why it seems so weird to me.

I managed to sneak in to the playoffs in my fantasy league by winning last week and the guy I needed to lose lost. I need Robinson and the Bears defense to take a dump all over Dallas tonight!

I would really love to see what Allen Robinson could do with a real QB once in his career at some point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought that would be a touchback since the ball was in the endzone. If he was an offensive player it would be a touchdown.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Surprised Bears offense is moving the ball this much. Without Trubinsky handing it over with the pick they'd have 3 scores already.