NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Bubbles should really not be allowed to post outside of the FSR/rickshaw. I guess he got tired of trying to be the new Fedor so now he's just shitting up threads all over the place.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bubbles should really not be allowed to post outside of the FSR/rickshaw. I guess he got tired of trying to be the new Fedor so now he's just shitting up threads all over the place.

To be fair, Bubbles Bubbles clearly just wants to see the football version of this

source.gif

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Surely that must exist. Someone must have leapt over another player and dragged his nuts across his facemask. If nothing else I know some qbs have been sacked and had some junk drug across their faces.

Hosix

All labs matter!
you're missing the point here. I'm not disputing the superiority of the teams in NFL. It's about winning a domestic league and claim to have won the world title.

What?

I get it I think. Dumb. Back to our new coaches! Baylor going to let all those commitments leave since Rhule left?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What?

I get it I think. Dumb. Back to our new coaches! Baylor going to let all those commitments leave since Rhule left?

It doesn't matter either way. Baylor going back to where they belong...somewhere between Houston and UNT in relevance.

• 3Worf
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
What?

I don't think those commitments are actually binding. If you meant will they let players leave then the answer is no and it's not up to them. It would take action by the NCAA to allow that. The coach simply abandoned those players he recruited. Just like every college coach who has ever changed jobs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I don't think those commitments are actually binding. If you meant will they let players leave then the answer is no and it's not up to them. It would take action by the NCAA to allow that. The coach simply abandoned those players he recruited. Just like every college coach who has ever changed jobs.

And this is why I think the players should tell every coach and analyst out there who talk about 'keeping your word'/'finishing what you started' to fuck right off.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
And this is why I think the players should tell every coach and analyst out there who talk about 'keeping your word'/'finishing what you started' to fuck right off.

I get where you're coming from, but you can't realistically believe that a college coach should never be allowed to change jobs. What's the solution there? They have to give 4 years notice so players will know ahead of time? Even if the NCAA let players freely move teams the vast majority wouldn't be able to do it. They are still college students and there are repercussions to changing schools beyond the football field.

• 1EyeRoll

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I get where you're coming from, but you can't realistically believe that a college coach should never be allowed to change jobs. What's the solution there? They have to give 4 years notice so players will know ahead of time? Even if the NCAA let players freely move teams the vast majority wouldn't be able to do it. They are still college students and there are repercussions to changing schools beyond the football field.

I think players should be allowed to move as they will without the permission of the NCAA. Just like I think college coaches should be able to change jobs whenever they want/need to. OTOH I also think the NCAA should be paying these kids. I thought it was a huge win that the courts ruled they could get paid likeness rights for things like video games.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Undergraduate players have to wait a year if they transfer, while the coach who leaves for a better job can start cashing those checks right away. One needs to change. Personally I would find it hilarious if they made coaches sit out a year too.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Undergraduate players have to wait a year if they transfer, while the coach who leaves for a better job can start cashing those checks right away. One needs to change. Personally I would find it hilarious if they made coaches sit out a year too.
NCAA has no control over NFL coaches. As soon as a coach bolts for the NFL your rule would fall apart.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
NCAA has no control over NFL coaches. As soon as a coach bolts for the NFL your rule would fall apart.

Yes, the easiest solution is letting players transfer and play right away. But way to spoil the fun of 1 year non compete clauses in football coach contracts.

• 3Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
But you still have the issue that most student athletes can't afford to jump around.

• 1EyeRoll

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think it's extremely lame college coaches can ditch their team between the regular season finish and a bowl game. Yes, I'm still bitter about Brian Kelly and I'm happy every time ND inevitably loses.

• 3Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think the system's fine. Maybe have more leeway in instances like Baylor is going through but these programs go through a lot to acquire talent and provide these students with far more than mentioned in these discussions. Is it bad to teach some accountability especially before some go to the NFL?

I don't think it's close to an apples to apples comparison between players and coaches. Just some bitter shit over your coach leaving for better opportunities. Move on.

Can ESPN stop with the racism shit every hiring season? It's nowhere near accurate and their attempts to push their opinions on everyone is beyond tiresome. Usually their football opinions are terrible too but can you stay in your lane, assholes? I need satellite radio.

• 1Picard

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I think the system's fine. Maybe have more leeway in instances like Baylor is going through but these programs go through a lot to acquire talent and provide these students with far more than mentioned in these discussions. Is it bad to teach some accountability especially before some go to the NFL?

I don't think it's close to an apples to apples comparison between players and coaches. Just some bitter shit over your coach leaving for better opportunities. Move on.

Can ESPN stop with the racism shit every hiring season? It's nowhere near accurate and their attempts to push their opinions on everyone is beyond tiresome. Usually their football opinions are terrible too but can you stay in your lane, assholes? I need satellite radio.

YOu dont teach accountability by pulling the time honored "Do as I say not as I do"... thats just not how shit works

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users