NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So actually that divisional game thing held up, 75% win percentage with one wildcard team left.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if the yellow line is off the white one isn't, you should be able to place the ball correctly just with that and the 3 camera angles.

Right the yellow line looked like it was all the way up at the yard marker, whereas the side view showing the actual marker looked almost a half yard closer. Was a long shot and far away, but the spot was a lot closer from that look. Not sure they should have just given him the first down (spot should have come back a little), but he might still have had it with the actual marker and not where they had the TV approximation.

Either way I'm guessing they just QB sneak it on 4th, Seattle would have had to burn their last timeout to stop the clock after the tackle, and a half yard at most gets it done.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Right the yellow line looked like it was all the way up at the yard marker, whereas the side view showing the actual marker looked almost a half yard closer. Was a long shot and far away, but the spot was a lot closer from that look. Not sure they should have just given him the first down (spot should have come back a little), but he might still have had it with the actual marker and not where they had the TV approximation.

Either way I'm guessing they just QB sneak it on 4th, Seattle would have had to burn their last timeout to stop the clock after the tackle, and a half yard at most gets it done.
Just ridiculous a playoff game comes down to a spot though and the NFL has no way of being precise with a spot in 2020. Who knows what happens on 4th down or if it even was a 1st or not is the real point.

The divot looked far short to me but we'll never know.

Merrith

Just ridiculous a playoff game comes down to a spot though and the NFL has no way of being precise with a spot in 2020. Who knows what happens on 4th down or if it even was a 1st or not is the real point.

The divot looked far short to me but we'll never know.

Oh I agree, it's silly they can't have something more concrete. Divot could have been from knees or cleats hitting the turf and not where the arm/ball did, though. I just thought from the side view with the actual 1st down marker it was too close to call. Chips in the ball with real time tracking, should be able to freeze frame when knee/elbow/arm whatever comes down and know exactly where progress was.

Hell they could have even kicked a field goal from there to go up 8 with Seattle left with no timeouts needing TD and 2 points conversion.

Merrith

818NjvC.jpg

Enough of a gap there that people just looking at the yellow line are fooling themselves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
People are acting like that was a 4th down play that changed everything. GB still could've converted on 4th, kicked a FG to go up 8, Seattle would've had to drive the field in 30-40secs with no timeouts, etc. Seattle playing like dogshit in the 1st half is what led them to that point, not the refs.

That said, the only reason we don't have chips in the ball or GPS-enabled yardage/end-zone markers is because the NFL knows the drama that those types of plays generate help keep interest in the league.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The yellow line is not official the refs go by the actual yard marker.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Now someone please beat the Seahawks and the Saints. I don't want to see those teams again. Ravens too if that's not too much to ask.

Well, I got everything I asked for. Now I wonder if it was the right wish. Even after this game the Packers don't scare me that much, but I'm a little scared of both the Chiefs and the Titans.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
In my area, the 9ers are probably the biggest bandwagon other than the Pats (I live in New England, so Pats should be expected). Nothing would bring me greater joy than the 9ers somehow losing, though at this point I think they're pretty much guaranteed to win the title

• 2Like

Merrith

In my area, the 9ers are probably the biggest bandwagon other than the Pats (I live in New England, so Pats should be expected). Nothing would bring me greater joy than the 9ers somehow losing, though at this point I think they're pretty much guaranteed to win the title

That's interesting, at this point I give the Packers the lowest chance of winning, mainly because I don't think they match up with Niners well at all, but I think either AFC team has a chance (and obviously Niners have a good chance).

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That's interesting, at this point I give the Packers the lowest chance of winning, mainly because I don't think they match up with Niners well at all, but I think either AFC team has a chance (and obviously Niners have a good chance).
Niners match up well against "pocket" QBs because our secondary has been so great and our D-line can usually get pressure. "Running" QBs can often hurt us and 2/3 losses this year came to "scrambling" QBs. I like our chances against GB and I think we match up best against Tennessee in the AFC. The Chiefs scare the everliving shit out of me - I was really hoping they'd lose today but Bill O'Brien is a garbage coach.

• 1Like

Merrith

Niners match up well against "pocket" QBs because our secondary has been so great and our D-line can usually get pressure. "Running" QBs can often hurt us and 2/3 losses this year came to "scrambling" QBs. I like our chances against GB and I think we match up best against Tennessee in the AFC. The Chiefs scare the everliving shit out of me - I was really hoping they'd lose today but Bill O'Brien is a garbage coach.

Not sure any coach was going to stop that offense. Yeah, mistakes were made, but jesus fuck could coach a solid game but when a team scores TD's on 7 straight drives, and 51 points on 8 straight overall...the fuck can you do.

Still think it's legit possible Henry ends up with 800 rushing yards in a single playoffs. But who knows. Get a lead on Titans and it might all crumble.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Still think it's legit possible Henry ends up with 800 rushing yards in a single playoffs. But who knows. Get a lead on Titans and it might all crumble.

Chiefs were like 26th against the run. I think it's likely that Henry has a monster game. The issue is going to be whether or not they can put up 30+ to compete with Mahomes.

Merrith

Chiefs were like 26th against the run. I think it's likely that Henry has a monster game. The issue is going to be whether or not they can put up 30+ to compete with Mahomes.

And/or if KC jumps out to an early lead somehow. I'm sure Titans won't abandon the run game completely, but if they're down 2 scores at some point they're going to have to throw it more.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Titans already beat them once in one of Mahomes best games of the year after starting the game off down 10-0. After the last 3 weeks, I would not discount the Titans who just beat the shit out of the Texans themselves.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I see the Titans doing long rushing drives and keeping the Chiefs offense off the field most of the game.

Also they just wrecked the number 1 scoring offense of the year or what ever.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m home n safe bros

Still in absolute disbelief and shock.

Chieeeeeeeeefs

• 12Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Merrith

I see the Titans doing long rushing drives and keeping the Chiefs offense off the field most of the game.

Also they just wrecked the number 1 scoring offense of the year or what ever.

Wonder if they would have been number 1 scoring offense if Mahomes is healthy all year. MVP race might have been even more up for grabs.

Titans would be helped getting early lead or game staying within a score as long as possible so they can pound Henry as much as he can handle.

• 1Like

Merrith

Titans already beat them once in one of Mahomes best games of the year after starting the game off down 10-0. After the last 3 weeks, I would not discount the Titans who just beat the shit out of the Texans themselves.

Not sure if people remember how that game ended, KC was lined up to kick about a 47 yard field goal to go up 8, some sort of bad snap whatever with the holder drawing an intentional grounding to hand Titans ball at their own 40ish down 5. Titans score and successfully go for 2 to take a 3 point lead with 23 seconds left. Mahomes gets Chiefs into 52 yard FG range for final play of the game and FG gets blocked.

Credit the Titans, but some crazy shit on back to back FG's.

• 1Like