NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Sterling

El Presidente
AB acts like he's on drugs. It's hard to believe that he is since he's trying to get on an NFL team and you couldn't do that on drugs, but he is acting like a drug addict.

With regard to Eli, he's an obvious hall of famer. #7 all time in passing yards, 11th in all time wins (tied with Joe Montana BTW, although Eli has a lot more losses), 7th in all time touchdowns. When you're top 10ish in all the most important things that you do at your position, won two superbowls, played at a high level for 15 years, that's hall of fame. It's stupid to even suggest that it's not. He might have been less consistent or less spectacular than some other people, but there's no denying that he was one of the best to ever do it and I'm not an Eli Manning or Giants fan in any regard.
Eli will probably get in, but calling him one of the best to ever do it is stretching things. He's made 4 total pro bowls, twice as an alternate because someone else didn't go. He's never been in an MVP discussion and there's always been multiple dudes at the position in the league you'd consider better than him. He's played a long time in a pass heavy era so his total counting stats are going to be pretty high, but he's going to get buried in those categories by a bunch of dudes that are still playing. He's an above average QB that had 2 big playoff runs. Which of course is important and he mostly played well in those 2 runs even if the helmet catch was maybe the flukiest play I've ever seen in a Superbowl. He'll probably get in just because of that, but he'll be the worst QB in the Hall relative to the peers of his era of anyone in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, how many years was Eli Manning a top five QB in the league? 3 or 4 out of sixteen years? His career passing rating is lower than any of his long term contemporaries. That doesn't feel like HoF material to me. The only reason he gets in is because of his play in the two SB wins.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So the skills showdown airs tonight so looking forward to that. Shame is wasn't a live event while it was happening yesterday tho.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AB acts like he's on drugs. It's hard to believe that he is since he's trying to get on an NFL team and you couldn't do that on drugs, but he is acting like a drug addict.

With regard to Eli, he's an obvious hall of famer. #7 all time in passing yards, 11th in all time wins (tied with Joe Montana BTW, although Eli has a lot more losses), 7th in all time touchdowns. When you're top 10ish in all the most important things that you do at your position, won two superbowls, played at a high level for 15 years, that's hall of fame. It's stupid to even suggest that it's not. He might have been less consistent or less spectacular than some other people, but there's no denying that he was one of the best to ever do it and I'm not an Eli Manning or Giants fan in any regard.

It's hard for me to look at the passing yards and TD's and not realize that passing stats have exploded basically over the length of Eli's career. Matt Stafford will end up passing him in passing yards in all likelihood and that tells you quite a bit.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Sounds like you all agree Isaac Bruce belongs in the Hall of Fame.

15,208 – Career receiving yards, fifth-most in NFL history. At the time Bruce retired, the total was second-most all-time in NFL history.
1,781 – Receiving yards in his second NFL season (1995), a career-high and fifth-most in a single season in NFL history.
1,024 – Career receptions, 13th-most all-time. Only 13 other players in league history have caught 1,000 or more passes, according to Pro Football Reference.
1996 – Year he led the NFL in receiving yards with 1,338.

162 – Receiving yards, plus six catches (including the game-winning 73-yard touchdown catch) in the Rams' 23-16 Super Bowl XXXIV victory.
119 – Career-high for receptions in a single season and 14th-most in a single season in NFL history.
91 – Career receiving touchdowns, 12th-most all-time in NFL history.
34 – Bruce's first career catch was a 34-yard touchdown grab.
16 – Seasons played in the NFL, 14 of which were with the Rams. Only 15 other wide receivers in league history accrued 16 or more seasons, per Pro Football Reference.
12 – Seasons with at least 50 catches. There have been 10 other receivers in league history who have accomplished this feat. Five of them are in the Hall of Fame, while the others are either recently retired and not yet eligible for the Hall of Fame or still active.
8 – 1,000 yard receiving seasons in his career.

4 – Number of Pro Bowls Bruce was named to.
3 – Only player in NFL history with three straight games with 170 or more receiving yards. Bruce had 181 vs. Colts, 191 vs. Falcons and 173 vs. 49ers across Weeks 5-7 in 1995.
2 – Started in two NFC championship games and two Super Bowls.
1 – Bruce retired as the Rams' all-time leader in catches, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente

15,208 – Career receiving yards, fifth-most in NFL history. At the time Bruce retired, the total was second-most all-time in NFL history.
1,781 – Receiving yards in his second NFL season (1995), a career-high and fifth-most in a single season in NFL history.
1,024 – Career receptions, 13th-most all-time. Only 13 other players in league history have caught 1,000 or more passes, according to Pro Football Reference.

162 – Receiving yards, plus six catches (including the game-winning 73-yard touchdown catch) in the Rams' 23-16 Super Bowl XXXIV victory.
119 – Career-high for receptions in a single season and 14th-most in a single season in NFL history.
16 – Seasons played in the NFL, 14 of which were with the Rams. Only 15 other wide receivers in league history accrued 16 or more seasons, per Pro Football Reference.
12 – Seasons with at least 50 catches. There have been 10 other receivers in league history who have accomplished this feat. Five of them are in the Hall of Fame, while the others are either recently retired and not yet eligible for the Hall of Fame or still active.

3 – Only player in NFL history with three straight games with 170 or more receiving yards. Bruce had 181 vs. Colts, 191 vs. Falcons and 173 vs. 49ers across Weeks 5-7 in 1995.
1 – Bruce retired as the Rams' all-time leader in catches, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.
Receiver is weird for the HoF. Art Monk didn't get in until 2008 and he finished his career basically 2nd in everything meaningful for a WR.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I'm with Sterling Sterling in that WR is strange. I know why TO got delayed but he should have been first ballot as well. I think Bruce deserves it for what he did over his career, but hopefully they don't drag their feet on him...as a lot of those stats will see company soon if the passing games keep putting up video game numbers.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Receiver is weird for the HoF. Art Monk didn't get in until 2008 and he finished his career basically 2nd in everything meaningful for a WR.
But he got in! Yeah, Bruce had total dogshit throwing to him for a lot of his career too, plus he was clean cut and didn't have an outlandish personality. I wonder what kind of stats he could have put up having the Niners QB's throwing to him.

To me he was my favorite Ram for a long long fucking time and I thought he was maybe the best route runner in the NFL. (had a good argument for Superbowl MVP I'd say)

I'm with Sterling Sterling in that WR is strange. I know why TO got delayed but he should have been first ballot as well. I think Bruce deserves it for what he did over his career, but hopefully they don't drag their feet on him...as a lot of those stats will see company soon if the passing games keep putting up video game numbers.

Yeah, you can already see he finished his career 2nd in yards and has dropped down to 5th.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

He absolutely should be in. Dunno why they give WR's such a hard time to get in

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Also 3rd most losses ever. E-L-I-T-E

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So the skills showdown airs tonight so looking forward to that. Shame is wasn't a live event while it was happening yesterday tho.
What channel is this going to be on? I think I'm retarded because I can't find it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

He probably should get in(especially when you consider fucking shit-tier receivers like Lynn Swann are in), but outside of the receiving yards, his numbers aren't that impressive. He's 12th and 13th in 2/3 of the most important receiver categories.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
He probably should get in(especially when you consider fucking shit-tier receivers like Lynn Swann are in), but outside of the receiving yards, his numbers aren't that impressive. He's 12th and 13th in 2/3 of the most important receiver categories.
That's not impressive? He's definitely better than a lot of dudes already in plus he was also on shit tier Rams teams unlike dudes like Jerry Rice.

12th and 13th all time is still super impressive to me, I'm not putting him on the All Time 1st team or anything, just the Hall of Fame.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
While he might be 12th and 13th now, he was 2nd when he retired.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
While he might be 12th and 13th now, he was 2nd when he retired.
In receptions and TDs? Pretty sure that's fake news.
Look, there's no fucking way he shouldn't be in if you're going to put in turds like Stallworth, Swann, Joiner, etc. I just don't think his stats, outside of receiving yards, are things that make you go..
1579823946066.png

Sterling

El Presidente
He's talking about touchdowns and receptions. (which obviously include dudes other than receivers but I haven't looked at the lists)
Yeah, thought he retired sooner than he did, he was actually 5th in receptions all time when he retired, and 6th in TDs.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, thought he retired sooner than he did, he was actually 5th in receptions all time when he retired, and 6th in TDs.
So basically at the time he retired he was 2nd in receiving yards, 5th in receptions, and 6th in receiving TDs with Chris Miller, Chris Chandler, Tony Banks, Marc Bulger (who was ok a couple years but really ultimately trash) throwing to him. Only 1 guy better all time in yards, and 4/5 guys better at the other key stats.

Really only 3 years with Kurt Warner throwing to him because the Rams were fucking retarded.

I'm thinking that's kinda god damn personally but whatever.

• 1Truth!

Sterling

El Presidente
So basically at the time he retired he was 2nd in receiving yards, 5th in receptions, and 6th in receiving TDs with Chris Miller, Chris Chandler, Tony Banks, Marc Bulger (who was ok a couple years but really ultimately trash) throwing to him. Only 1 guy better all time in yards, and 4/5 guys better at the other key stats.

Really only 3 years with Kurt Warner throwing to him because the Rams were fucking retarded.

I'm thinking that's kinda god damn personally but whatever.
Yeah, it's Art Monk all over again. Stupid. And it just gets worse as time goes on because dudes are going to pile up silly numbers. Era matters.

• 1Like