NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's lots of crazy when you look at eras. Like for someone to break the single season passing yards and TD records by the same percentage that Marino did in 1984 they'd have to throw for 5799 yards and 72 TDs.

Yup, bugs me when younger fans ask why people thought that record was so great. They just don't even understand how far above what anyone else had done it was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

As far as unbreakable records, no chance ripken's iron Man streak gets broken.

Yeah I doubt anyone is touching that one. Man, this is why I'm hoping Ovechkin really does challenge Gretzky's goal record. Basically doing it at least partially in another dead puck era, too.

Fadaar

That guy
This is why Rice's yardage record is absolutely silly town and I'm not sure it'll ever be broken (but with stats going where they are, who knows). I'd compare it to Gretzky's goal record, only that one might actually fall in another 5-6 years.

Gretzky points won't ever be touched and most of Rice's records will be nigh impossible, Larry Fitzgerald is about the only one that's close on any stats and it's receptions. Two decent seasons and he could pass him.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't think there's another player in history of the NFL that's more deserving of a Super Bowl win than Larry Fitz.

OK Dan Marino. But Fitz after that.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't think there's another player in history of the NFL that's more deserving of a Super Bowl win than Larry Fitz.

OK Dan Marino. But Fitz after that.
Imagine what Calvin Johnson's numbers would be if he had stuck around.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Megatron was so fun to watch. Too bad he was stuck with the garbage lions his whole career, would have loved to see him play with a real team.

• 1Like

Merrith

Gretzky points won't ever be touched and most of Rice's records will be nigh impossible, Larry Fitzgerald is about the only one that's close on any stats and it's receptions. Two decent seasons and he could pass him.

Yeah clearly the points will never be touched, much like Rice's yards. I think the goal mark falls, though. I'm not as high on Fitz breaking the catch record. I just don't see two more ~90 catch years in him.

Sterling

El Presidente
In receptions and TDs? Pretty sure that's fake news.
Look, there's no fucking way he shouldn't be in if you're going to put in turds like Stallworth, Swann, Joiner, etc. I just don't think his stats, outside of receiving yards, are things that make you go..View attachment 245179
As a thing Swann was mostly a product of 4 Super Bowls, but Joiner was the all time leader in Receptions and Receiving Yards when he retired.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Sticking around is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL.
And this is why Rice's numbers are going to be so difficult to catch. I mean he caught 92 passes and went for 1200 yards when he was 40 years old. That's just insane production for a receiver at that age.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saints fans gonna complain until cover ups are non reviewable.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
wow, covering up child abuse is like get kicked out of the league level shit. I'm not sure they could do that but I imagine they can at a minimum force the sale of the team.

• 1Truth!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't the owner just the widow of the super rich guy that keeled over a few years ago? Didn't she win both the Saints and the Pelican in the old rich guy death lottery?

GFTO bitch.