NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well, I'm pretty bummed. For some reason not as upset as I was when they lost to the Ravens though. Glad to see Reid finally get a ring, so good for him.

49ers are still young and have a lot of talent, but getting to the big game is tough every year. No guarantees they can make it back even if they have the exact same roster. Good news is they only have 3 starters that are pending FA's, so hopefully they will figure out a way to keep them all. Their cap situation isn't great though.
Uh, what are you talking about. This was the 49ers last year in the NFL

But seriously, the 49ers have got a few good years where they can compete at a minimum. Doesn’t mean they will make the super bowl, but I’d bet on them being in the playoffs for that time period at least. Bosa was a beast and KC really had no answer to him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m with Turkish Turkish alive. Slept 1 hour.

At beach eating carnitas
4667331E-ED0B-4278-9917-0D65A853280E.jpeg
2B244147-13E4-49B7-8B1E-B6B02D04CA33.jpeg

• 16Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I think you have to like the Niners and Chiefs chances to be favorites next year, along with the Ravens. Seattle will be in the mix as long as Wilson is healthy, have to see what the Titans do to build on this past year. Good season bros, definitely an entertaining Super Bowl.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Well, I'm pretty bummed. For some reason not as upset as I was when they lost to the Ravens though. Glad to see Reid finally get a ring, so good for him.

49ers are still young and have a lot of talent, but getting to the big game is tough every year. No guarantees they can make it back even if they have the exact same roster. Good news is they only have 3 starters that are pending FA's, so hopefully they will figure out a way to keep them all. Their cap situation isn't great though.

Looking back on the game it sucks. Their defense played great for 3 quarters, and just couldn't hold it together in the 4th. Really no excuse for the offense to not put up more points than they did as well.

On to a long offseason :(

Shanahan didn't call a timeout and try to score at the end of the first half with 2 timeouts and about 1:30 to go.

Insert two button meme:

- Garappolo isn't the guy and couldn't be trusted to move the ball down the field during a 2 minute drill in the Super Bowl.
- Shanahan is not the guy because he went conservative in the Super Bowl against a team that came down from 24-0 by scoring 41 unanswered points in a previous playoff game.

You're in pretty good shape but those are my concerns.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

I love how Barnwell breaks shit down. This is a good read if you have time.
He did a pretty good breakdown. It’s pretty mindblowing how they weren’t calling time outs at the end of the second half.

Overall I didn’t think the officiating was too bad., though of course there are some SF fans claiming it was stolen by the refs. The PI call to end the second half was the correct one and it’s already been covered here.

The missed “offsides” call against the chiefs was really a missed false start on the niners. Pretty easy to see in this

They missed the niners lining up offsides on a play where mahomes was sacked.

They missed a hold on Bosa on the long Hill pass, but if you are down to complaining about an o-line holding call then you are in the territory of complaining about 50% of plays that don’t have flags.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Yeah on the 4th and 10 they clearly missed delay of game on the Niners...although ironically that would have just given them another chance with 4th and 15 instead of the sack they took, but yeah. Overall stuff evened out. I just liked his breakdowns showing actual context for why certain plays were called instead of just people blindly yelling "run the ball" like handing it off every play would have been better.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not to rub salt in wounds, but the Harbaugh Kaep 49ers were set up to go to many super bowls as well. The best player on the 49ers offense is Kittle by a wide margin. Jimmy needs to take big strides in the offseason.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah on the 4th and 10 they clearly missed delay of game on the Niners...although ironically that would have just given them another chance with 4th and 15 instead of the sack they took, but yeah. Overall stuff evened out. I just liked his breakdowns showing actual context for why certain plays were called instead of just people blindly yelling "run the ball" like handing it off every play would have been better.

As shown, he didn't do a terrible job outside of trusting a very limited QB and not wasting more time. KC scored 3 TDs in 9 minutes with the 49ers having 3 possessions during that 9 minutes and 4 possessions in the final 12. If you play to the other team's strengths and not your own, you're not going to win often. That's not even going into him completely fucking up before halftime. When Reid looks like the genius with the clock...you've dun fucked up.

Merrith

As shown, he didn't do a terrible job outside of trusting a very limited QB and not wasting more time. KC scored 3 TDs in 9 minutes with the 49ers having 3 possessions during that 9 minutes and 4 possessions in the final 12. If you play to the other team's strengths and not your own, you're not going to win often. That's not even going into him completely fucking up before halftime. When Reid looks like the genius with the clock...you've dun fucked up.

I agree he should have been more aggressive before halftime, but I can see the point of not wanting to make another mistake and going into half 10-10 while getting the ball first in the 2nd half. It's not even the 3 TD's in 9 minutes (because frankly the last one was whatever, and Williams should have just gone down inbounds inside the Niner 10, that was bad clock management...even if going up 11 with that little time left basically seals it). KC was only down 10, and went 83 and 65 yards in 5:06. They were up 4 with ~3 minutes to go. KC frankly almost was scoring too fast. A few more runs wouldn't have changed that I don't think, they're just built to score and score quick. The 3rd and 15 play to Hill was everything.

Also Jimmy G being 9 of 10 for 106 yards to start the 2nd half was impressive as hell, and the main reason for them building the 10 point lead in the first place. It sounds like the playcalls and match ups were good, just a strong defensive play to knock down a pass that would have been an easy first down and who knows how much more with Kittle running away from old man Suggs prevented a different potential ending.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
While it was ultimately meaningless, what was the point of Andy Reid taking that timeout at the end of the game? It was 4th and 26.

Take the delay of game and get a fraction of a second less on the clock

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
While it was ultimately meaningless, what was the point of Andy Reid taking that timeout at the end of the game? It was 4th and 26.

Take the delay of game and get a fraction of a second less on the clock

How many Super Bowls have you won?

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users