NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Spielman needs to go. I am a firm believer in raw talent, and Kyle Sloter has it. I still believe he was waived because Spielman wanted to cover his ass when Cousins bombed this year and didn't want a QB Controversy. Sloter just needs a shot, and he would have got it had he been around still (Got signed away to practice squad on for the cardinals). Cousins has always been a con job. Excuses made for him since Michigan. Padded garbage yard stats for over half his games,, the list goes on and on here. I think people are FINALLY realizing it's actually Cousin's. Not (Insert excuse here).

It's obvious Diggs is pissed. Thielen is VERY pissed but won't say anything (He's a Maverick - Went to Mankato State - love the guy) and I would bet right now the locker room is falling apart.

If they do not do something in New York and Cousin's after that doesn't get consistent, I wouldn't be shocked if we go 6-10 this year.

PS: SKOL buddy :)
Thielen has done some public shit talking this week. The Vikings are a train wreck.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is all why I was completely fine with trading Thielen in fantasy this week. I just see that drama imploding that team, mostly because Cousins does terrible under pressure. He's going to crack, and it won't matter b/c he's getting all $84M anyways.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cousins' case will go down as an NFL milestone in the same vein as Jarmarcus Russel. Not in terms of his abject failure, but related to his contract and how it set a precedent.

Russell's hold out, contract and subsequent release after being a tremendous bust, shook the very foundations of the way the league does business.

During the next CBA, owners completely overhauled the rookie contract situation. Sam Bradford was the last top pick to cash out, and following that, you now have Russel Wilson type rookie deals that are 4-5 years and structured in a salary cap friendly way. High picks still get paid, they just have to actually be good in order to earn their next payday, while also allowing the team to still pay the rest of the roster.

If Cousins doesnt turn it around, that fully guaranteed contract he signed will end up being the poster child as to why guys dont get fully guaranteed money going forward.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Which is only going to fuck running backs even more in the future as the game strays further from needing them

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The problem is that none of these dumb-asses learn and I'm not talking about the players this time. AB was causing issues with a player's coach. A guy who was willing to kiss player ass to win and it still wasn't enough. Two teams still gave him a chance and at least 1-2 more will. The Skins weren't willing to pay a guy where they saw 6 years worth of practice. If he wasn't good enough for that terrible team...? Burflict's history is massive and clear. Fatty Haynesworth showed signs before the Redskins wasted all of that money. Joe Flacco has always been terrible. Case Keenum and Colt McCoy will always be backup level talent. The things that made Dalton look decent were Green and a fantastic OL. So, why let go the best parts of that OL? Why waste big money on any RB?

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Joe aFlacco was always terrible besides that time he muttered he was going to Disneyworld!

Such a fucking bullshit streak during those 2003 playoffs, in a contract year. I still hate him for beating the 49ers.

There will always be incredibly bad contracts, no matter what. Teams will overpay until the end of time. But what can be done is stabilize the market for certain tiers of players. It's not fucking hard, if a guy earns a First Team All Pro, he triggers an automatic 2million $ escalator or some portion of the remaining ungaraunteed money becomes guaranteed.

Could even do stat thresholds, 100 catches 1 million$, 1200 rushing yards, 15 sacks, etc. Consecutive games started could even turn into a valuable contract escalation if they wanted to do something creative.

And these wouldnt be something teams put in player contracts in order to set a performance bar, but rather a league instituted salary rule like the franchise tag but a hard benefit for the players instead. It adds performance incentive even after signing for big money, and turns guys who make 600k a year into a 3-4 million dollar a year guy if they ball out.

This would also affect the way teams do business as they would be less likely to dole out bad contracts in some sense because they have to pay guys who ball out anyway, so they could hedge their bets with big name free agents etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't like them but its time to watch the best QB in the NFC. To bad the rest of the Seahawks are pretty meh to crap.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
rams secondary gives up a TD the instant that they aren't being carried by Donald and Fowler.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That was such a bullshit penalty against Seattle. Can't hit QBs anywhere. Refs and these rules make it hard hitting flag football.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Which is only going to fuck running backs even more in the future as the game strays further from needing them
It's not even that you don't need them, it's that you can get productivity out of undrafted RB's. Just look at how well Lindsay, Breida, and Mostert are all doing. Sure they may not be as physically gifted as Zeke or Barkley, but when you are paying them 1/10th and getting 85% of the production, it's an easy win.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Don't like this challenge.... challenging PI has been such a stupid experiment this year I hope its gone next year.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users