NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Man what a shit show that was. Both teams deserved to lose.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Goff isn't the guy you want in the 2 minute drill. Team is loaded to the max...except at QB. 6 TDs and 6 ints with Woods, Kupp, and Cooks as your main targets. Guy is trash. Trubinsky-ish
I hate the Rams and LA. I wish them the worst but Goff is solid for what he is. Clay Mathews did the most gentle hit on a QB and got flagged.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Goff isn't the guy you want in the 2 minute drill. Team is loaded to the max...except at QB. 6 TDs and 6 ints with Woods, Kupp, and Cooks as your main targets. Guy is trash. Trubinsky-ish

He had some low throws to receivers tonight, but his one pick was literally all on Everett tipping up a perfect throw for an easy 1st down. Although Goff/Everett got robbed of TD earlier that they didn't challenge b/c they marked it inside the one and just handed it off to Gurley (sucked for fantasy, though). Hope Cooks is okay, that looked pretty nasty on his head.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The problem is that none of these dumb-asses learn and I'm not talking about the players this time. AB was causing issues with a player's coach. A guy who was willing to kiss player ass to win and it still wasn't enough. Two teams still gave him a chance and at least 1-2 more will. The Skins weren't willing to pay a guy where they saw 6 years worth of practice. If he wasn't good enough for that terrible team...? Burflict's history is massive and clear. Fatty Haynesworth showed signs before the Redskins wasted all of that money. Joe Flacco has always been terrible. Case Keenum and Colt McCoy will always be backup level talent. The things that made Dalton look decent were Green and a fantastic OL. So, why let go the best parts of that OL? Why waste big money on any RB?

I don't know if I've ever agreed with a post in the NFL threads more than this one.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
It’s tough for RBs. I know there’s always another one that’ll be 75% effective, but guys like LD and Marshall Faulk were great till around 30 with a heavier workload

I’m not saying pay them, but there’s gotta be a way to keep them around a little while !

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hate Russel Wilson, but he has turned into an incredible signal caller. His pocket awareness rating is 100. The way he stays calm and knows his position in the pocket, he does this bounce thing as he scans targets, you can see his head scan each potential receiver on every rythm.

It's like hes counting down as he goes through his reads, while staying on his toes so he can flush out very rapidly if necessary.

Think of a guy like Brady, he also has unbelievable pocket awareness, but he isnt able to evacuate, only slide within the pocket. Wilson is throwing the ball down field with accuracy 5 seconds or more into a play, almost every play.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
There is no team in the NFL that would be more lost without their QB than the Seattle Seahawks. I think they would be a 2-3 win team without him.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
There is no team in the NFL that would be more lost without their QB than the Seattle Seahawks. I think they would be a 2-3 win team without him.

I agree completely. Which is why I always laugh when people tell me we overpaid Russ.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Agree. Wilson is the best QB in the NFC and has been one of if not the best for the last couple years. Unfortunately the talent heavy team of the past is also gone. He is playing with a bunch of nobodies of moderate talent.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ehhh, I'd still probably take Brees over Wilson. Pretty close though.
Its really close Brees is a sure fire hall of famer but I am not sure I would anymore. I mean Brees is still really good and Wilson will never rack up his pure stats but given the talent and coaching the Saints have I think Wilson would be unstoppable in that system.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Imagine Wilson on a team that could actually afford to give him weapons to work with.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Imagine Wilson on a team that could actually afford to give him weapons to work with.

Considering they have $15.6M in cap space for this year and $24M in dead cap ($16.4M of which are Kam Chancellor and Doug Baldwin)...they would still have the ability to do so once that's all clear.