NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Yeah Aaron Rodgers is a gigantic faggot, but he’s one of the most unique and talented QBs to play. I haven’t looked recently but I’m pretty sure his TD-INT ratio blows everyone in history out of the water. He will be a first ballot HoFer, as will Brees, Brady, and Roethlisberger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yea he has a good TD-INT ratio. He's also thrown the ball 5800 times whereas Peyton threw 9400 and Brady has thrown 9700 and Brees has thrown 9900. Rodgers is up there in the rankings for sure but so many people (not necessarily only on these forums) try to paint him as some super-genius football god that stands way above any other QB ever.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Era matters obviously. That said I always felt like Aikman is pretty overrated. Obviously real good but those teams were fucking loaded.

Aikman had 5 losing seasons (out of 12 played) with a 165 to 141 TD to INT ratio and a career rating of 81.6. Romo had 1 losing season (out of 11 played) with a 248 to 117 TD to INT ratio and a career rating of 97.1. That one losing season was the one where he went out with a broken clavicle and Wade Phillips was fired midway through the season. On the other hand the Aikman years were a lot harder on QBs and it's hard to argue with 3 rings in 4 years, a feat that only Brady has matched.

Still, I think Romo would have outperformed Aikman if he'd been QB back then and if Aikman had been QB during the Romo years, it would have been an epic disaster.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Yea he has a good TD-INT ratio. He's also thrown the ball 5800 times whereas Peyton threw 9400 and Brady has thrown 9700 and Brees has thrown 9900. Rodgers is up there in the rankings for sure but so many people (not necessarily only on these forums) try to paint him as some super-genius football god that stands way above any other QB ever.

I mean, you say that like 5800 passes isn’t enough of a sample size to know that his statistics aren’t a fluke. But, I’m not trying to argue, I would agree that he shouldn’t be held above those guys or even in the same grouping.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rodgers is great but frankly he is a dissapointment. He should have more rings for the dick sucking he gets.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean for Rodgers to match Brady's TD/Int ratio he'd have to throw 36 interceptions before he threw another TD. Or for Brady to achieve the same ratio as Rodgers he'd only need to throw 231 more TDs without throwing an INT and Brady is 3rd on the all time list. It's actually an absurd stat.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The "only" 5800 attempts argument is silly. TD and Int % exist for these guys whole careers and it's pretty easy to see that Rodgers' efficiency in throwing TD's while avoiding picks is off the charts. You're talking about Brady and Manning who averaged 35 attempts a game, and Rodgers who averages 33 and change a game.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Aikman had 5 losing seasons (out of 12 played) with a 165 to 141 TD to INT ratio and a career rating of 81.6. Romo had 1 losing season (out of 11 played) with a 248 to 117 TD to INT ratio and a career rating of 97.1. That one losing season was the one where he went out with a broken clavicle and Wade Phillips was fired midway through the season. On the other hand the Aikman years were a lot harder on QBs and it's hard to argue with 3 rings in 4 years, a feat that only Brady has matched.

Still, I think Romo would have outperformed Aikman if he'd been QB back then and if Aikman had been QB during the Romo years, it would have been an epic disaster.

I feel like this is some sort of troll or bait and switch, but I agree with all of it.

Aikman won 3 rings, but he's severely overrated. Romo had much less success, but had shit support due to an owner that loved trading 1st round picks for bad receivers and didn't seem to understand how the salary cap worked

Sterling

El Presidente
I feel like this is some sort of troll or bait and switch, but I agree with all of it.

Aikman won 3 rings, but he's severely overrated. Romo had much less success, but had shit support due to an owner that loved trading 1st round picks for bad receivers and didn't seem to understand how the salary cap worked
He could have really stirred the pot and brought up Danny White!

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Rodgers is great but frankly he is a dissapointment. He should have more rings for the dick sucking he gets.

Could say the same thing about Favre. The Packers franchise as a whole from 1992 until now have had the most consistent QB situation outside of the Patriots, who (and I had to look this up because I wasn't sure) have only really "started" (meaning starting the QB they wanted to start, not someone else due to injury IE the Matt Cassell year) Bledsoe and Brady in that same timeframe. 27 years of consistency and only 2 rings to show for it? Disappointing IMO. Then you look at what the Pats have done in really only an 18 year time span...

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
I sit here at noon, thinking of cracking open a brew in preparation for the 1pm game b/w the Browns and the Bills, hoping maybe the Browns won't suck, and I find myself wondering....

3fw8le.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
I sit here at noon, thinking of cracking open a brew in preparation for the 1pm game b/w the Browns and the Bills, hoping maybe the Browns won't suck, and I find myself wondering....

View attachment 230591

As a bears fan I am in this with you. When your team is good? The season goes by so fast. When your team is the suck? Season drags the fuck on!

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a bears fan I am in this with you. When your team is good? The season goes by so fast. When your team is the suck? Season drags the fuck on!

Mercifully...the Redskins are on bye this week. I get to just yell at the TV over fantasy shit.

• 2Worf

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

I've had a lot of fun as a Dolphins fan so far. We suck and we know it. Let the memes flow and just laugh at the absurdity of it all.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I've had a lot of fun as a Dolphins fan so far. We suck and we know it. Let the memes flow and just laugh at the absurdity of it all.
It's kind of weird. This season doesn't actually feel as bad as the usual ~ 8 win seasons. Like the coach actually has them playing hard and they blew it up to accumulate draft capital so there's a plan in place. So there's some optimism. At least until they fuck up all those draft picks and it turns into a shambles.

• 1Like