LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1578236756737.jpeg

• 8Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 11 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
You have no idea how bad it was before Bill Parcells arrived. If we were fans prior to that, there is NO chance dudes jump off the bandwagon. Bridges? Yes. Bandwagon...No.

I'm sure there are people who grew up Patriots fans in the 80s and 90s. I'm talking about the same people who suddenly started wearing Dallas Cowboy apparel as soon as they won back in the 90s. Maybe its the autism talking, but I cannot fathom choosing a team to like a team just because they are good. I grew up amid the Ozark Mountains and trailer parks over rural southwest Missouri in the 80s. If I wanted to see football, it was the Chiefs or nothing. There weren't other games to watch. They are our regional team. My dad loves the Chiefs. How could I choose another team?

I secretly have been performing a study the past 6.5 years. From a pool of patients in St. Louis and southwest Missouri, I ask each one if they enjoy sports as a way to get to know them better. I then ask who their favorite teams are. Patients who like the Yankees, Red Sox, Warriors, Patriots, Raiders, Packers, Steelers and Cowboys are usually assholes. I haven't completed an advanced statistical analysis of this data, but I have an n=~3000 over the years.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well this is kind of crazy.

"For the first time since 2002, the AFC Championship winner won’t be quarterbacked by someone named Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger or Joe Flacco."

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm sure there are people who grew up Patriots fans in the 80s and 90s. I'm talking about the same people who suddenly started wearing Dallas Cowboy apparel as soon as they won back in the 90s. Maybe its the autism talking, but I cannot fathom choosing a team to like a team just because they are good. I grew up amid the Ozark Mountains and trailer parks over rural southwest Missouri in the 80s. If I wanted to see football, it was the Chiefs or nothing. There weren't other games to watch. They are our regional team. My dad loves the Chiefs. How could I choose another team?

I secretly have been performing a study the past 6.5 years. From a pool of patients in St. Louis and southwest Missouri, I ask each one if they enjoy sports as a way to get to know them better. I then ask who their favorite teams are. Patients who like the Yankees, Red Sox, Warriors, Patriots, Raiders, Packers, Steelers and Cowboys are usually assholes. I haven't completed an advanced statistical analysis of this data, but I have an n=~3000 over the years.
Pink Red Sox hats were the worst shit ever.

My father was in the military so we moved around a lot so I didn't really have a local team so I ended up latching onto players/teams that played on TV a lot in the 80s. Marino and the Dolphins, Mattingly and the Yankees, Gervin and the Spurs etc. A lot of fans start as bandwagon fans as kids then latch on so that's a bit different than the fair weather fucks that change all the time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I doubt Uber will be up in here giving us the Jozu style "Patriots Corner" updates every day for a 2-14 team after TB12 retires.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t need to give Patriot updates. You all follow them closer than your own teams. You all watch every Patriots game and think of me as you watch, run here and tag me. I own real estate in your heads.

Without me, you guys would commit suicide. No families, no homes, just me.

• 3Worf
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 7 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only watch the Patriots because I live in an area where that's all they show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Man...It feels like someone died. Like seriously. I expected the loss, but because I know Brady is done here in NE. The thing that really hurts is the beginning of the year, they had like the best team in history! Brown, Gordon, best defense ever...to can't pull a bye, or a home win against fuckin Ryan Tannehill!

View attachment 241243

Not comparable but Miami fans have had to hear how we let a great one go in Tannehill by long time writers and retard fans. Has anyone saying that ever watched the man play against a good team? If ANY other RB had played outside of Henry...you guys would have won......here's some PTSD to go with your morning joe.

iu

Sterling

El Presidente
Tannehill is a pretty average NFL starter. He's not great, but he's not real bad like Trubisky or whatever. Hard to play well when you're running for your life every other play because your line is shit, which pretty describes his entire time in Miami. Teams have won with worse QBs than him. Trying to scheme 7 step dropback passes with that shit oline was the problem. Turns out a bad line and a string of shit coaches is real bad for a QB.

• 3Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Man...It feels like someone died. Like seriously. I expected the loss, but because I know Brady is done here in NE. The thing that really hurts is the beginning of the year, they had like the best team in history! Brown, Gordon, best defense ever...to can't pull a bye, or a home win against fuckin Ryan Tannehill!

View attachment 241243

So this shit about him being done is real? Done with the pats or done with football? If done with the pats, why? If he's just talking retirement, I suspect he's going to reintroduce bacon into his diet and come back.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There is no way Brady plays anywhere next year but on the Pats. It's retarded to think otherwise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He'd definitely be a step up for the Chargers at least

Yeah Brady is the GOAT even if he is old he does not fuck up alot. Chargers have better recievers than the Pats too though we need a solid 3rd again.

Im not sure Rivers is leaving though. He played competently some of the year. Our O Line was pretty garbage too.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Brady to the Chargers would be the worst thing to happen to me since Manning went to the Broncos.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jovec

?
So this shit about him being done is real? Done with the pats or done with football? If done with the pats, why? If he's just talking retirement, I suspect he's going to reintroduce bacon into his diet and come back.

A lot of talk because this is the first time ever he will be a free agent. Previously he would always extend/resign before he got to this point.

Hard to think of a team that is just one average QB away from a SB run, which is what Brady is now (or will be) next year in terms of physical ability. Even as bad as Peyton was in his last year at Denver for their SB win, the three years prior he had 37, 55, and 39 TD passes once the Colts cut him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users