NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Funny thing is Henry should have broken out a year or two ago. If they had made that deal then, I'd think he could earn it. Another couple years of a lot of touches and he might be done.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the only RB currently in the NFL worth nearly that much is McCaffrey.

Tannehill may have had a fantastic season, but Derrick Henry single handedly carried that team to the AFC championship game, over the defending Super Bowl champions and then stomping the #1 seed Ravens. I don't remember if he got shut down vs the Chiefs or if they just weren't handing him the ball as much, but Henry earned every penny of that contract last year.

And yes, I know contracts are about future performance, not past performance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Tannehill may have had a fantastic season, but Derrick Henry single handedly carried that team to the AFC championship game, over the defending Super Bowl champions and then stomping the #1 seed Ravens. I don't remember if he got shut down vs the Chiefs or if they just weren't handing him the ball as much, but Henry earned every penny of that contract last year.

And yes, I know contracts are about future performance, not past performance.
Don't disagree with any of this. But your last sentence pretty much sums it up. I just don't see him providing that level of value again, at least not for 4 more years.

• 1Truth!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
With the shelf life of RB's currently they shouldn't be apart of the rookie pay scale, they just get robbed these days.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
With the shelf life of RB's currently they shouldn't be apart of the rookie pay scale, they just get robbed these days.

While I understand where the sentiment lies, I completely disagree. Any GM that pays big money for a RB today is a retard (Jerry included). It's like slamming your dick in a door and a week later saying, "I don't remember it hurting that bad, let's slam my dick in a door again! Reasons!"

RBs are just too easy to replace. Finding guys like Kamara, Jones, Mack, Lindsay, Mostert, Michel, Drake, etc shows that you can find talent all through the draft. Those guys do get robbed, but most top RBs are first round picks and get a solid return on their best years already. Outside of McCaffrey, no RB has significantly outperformed their contract. One reason? The OL still dictates how well the RB does. There will never be another Sanders even though McCaffrey is doing a solid impression.

There's only so much money to go around and this is a business. Someone has to be paid less and RBs are just too easily replaced to garner big salaries. They still get enough money to retire off their rookie deals if they are smart. That's a pretty damn huge return for a guy that can usually retire by 30.

• 4Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Raheem Mostert is the fastest RB in Madden 21, with a speed of 95.

Second most fast RB? Matty Brieda! He is also 95 speed.

Crazy both these guys were running out the same backfield. I hope Brieda has success in Miami. He just needs to stop fumbling.

• 1Like

Merrith

I hope Brieda has success in Miami. He just needs to stop fucking getting hurt and only playing a couple quarters so many times

Fixed that for all Breida fantasy owners.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Apparently some big scandal with the Washington Whatevers is coming out soon. Please leave my boy unscathed!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I hope the NFL goes the Don Sterling route to oust Snyder. If they have dirt on him that could be why he was finally willing to change the name. After blackmailing him, use the dirt to create the scandal that gives cause to oust him. All under the guise that the team is in chaos and needs the NFL to step in and restore chaos, ignoring they were maybe the ones enabling and trying to benefit from it. Probably have the same flimsy level of dirt they had on Sterling and the NFL has just waited until they thought the public was ready for the coup to get rid of a problematic owner. Then put Jerry Jones and other strong willed owners that they're on notice to get with the pogrom.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Apparently some big scandal with the Washington Whatevers is coming out soon. Please leave my boy unscathed!

This is what I saw through the rumor mill.

redskins story.png

• 2Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If he was paying off refs he should demand his money back.

Sounds like a load of bullshit.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Merrith

This is what I saw through the rumor mill.

View attachment 285850

The rumors around here is there are going to be some misconduct shit around sexual assaults, potentially involving former Redskin cheerleaders. Remember that video of Jay Gruden him trying to hit on a young girl or something (he's married, with kids)? Supposedly him and a few other formers in the organization are involved.

The super tinfoil people are thinking Snyder was involved with Epstein shit and was pimping out cheerleaders or who knows what.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that all seems a bit over the top to be real.

But man do I hope it is because the drama surrounding it will just be fascinating to watch!

• 2Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If he was paying off refs he should demand his money back.

Sounds like a load of bullshit.

Yeah. If there is actual proof of paying off refs though that will be a massive scandal.

• 2Like