NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol Kittle will have another great season. The 49ers are stacked at Dline, even with the loss of Buckner, losing Deebo sucks, but he should be back, him with Aiyuk and Kittle? Who knows if McKinnon will be able to play, but Mostert is the fastest RB in the league and lead the NFL in tocuhdowns from Week 12 until the SB last year. They should be just as good as last year. Trent Williams is going to anchor that oline too now, Fred Warner and Kwon Alexander are maybe the best LB duo in the league.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
EfUyVI-XYAE0CGE.jpeg

I love you, 49er bros. I'looking forward to watching the "WoW:WoD" version of Alex Smith overthrow/not throw to Kittle.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's such a huge sum of money tied into a non-QB/pass rusher/LT. I know Kittle is amazing and I'm sure they had to do this but NFL parity is THE big thing. San Fran went from 4-12 to 13-3 but there's no guarantee they won't drop like a rock this year. There's never guarantees but a ton of resources went to one dude. A dude who was even better in the 4-12 season than last year. Just like amazing McCaffrey, one dude doesn't mean shit in the W/L column and I always hate to see teams reset the market especially after the NFL went full blown political.

I'm glad Kittle 'got his' I guess but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the 9'ers drop back down to average this year. Rams fans say hey!

Kittle missed 2 games this past year, so I'm not sure I'd say he was better in the 4-12 season. His yardage total got padded by a never before seen number of 50+ yard receptions in that year by a TE that was probably unsustainable.

Also you have middle LB's making more than TE's still (that aren't a part of that QB/pass rusher/LT group). WR's still getting 33% more at the top end, too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

zzeris zzeris also I'm just still pissed we didn't move up a couple spots in Round 5 of that draft to get Kittle versus taking Jeremy Sprinkle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Also, can't find it now but read 49'ers did or are going to sign Jordie Nelson and Tavon Austin.
They'll both have to fight for a spot. I know Shanahan likes to have at least 1 speedy receiver, so it is possible one of them sticks

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
See I've believed for a while now that Mariota still has potential to play above a journeyman level, but I seriously doubt the Raiders are the organization to help him realize that talent lol.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
See I've believed for a while now that Mariota still has potential to play above a journeyman level, but I seriously doubt the Raiders are the organization to help him realize that talent lol.
Yeah. If he went to a better team he would be in a much better position.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Amazing. I thought he'd never play again, never mind this year.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty nuts, I figured holding a clipboard at best if he wanted to play again.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Imagine it'll be something like this just in a stadium. This was in the UK for some band

sam-fender-socially-distant-concert-kb-main-200813_6f37f484f0bcaf08596ef23199457902.fit-2000w.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rude

Potato del Grande

Starting to look like Carr is done with the Raiders. Also, can't find it now but read 49'ers did or are going to sign Jordie Nelson and Tavon Austin.
Still blows my mind the Raiders gave Gruden that deal. That clown was run out of Tampa for a reason. Oh well, if Winston doesn't work out riding pine for the Saints he can also be another one of Gruden's QB projects.

Fadaar

That guy
Still blows my mind the Raiders gave Gruden that deal. That clown was run out of Tampa for a reason. Oh well, if Winston doesn't work out riding pine for the Saints he can also be another one of Gruden's QB projects.

Bucs could have had a few more years of greatness if he hadn't run all the defensive talent out of town

Merrith

Admit it, though...part of all of us would love to see Gruden make his crazy faces on the sideline every time Winston would throw a pick 6.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, here come all the ACL tears.

49ers already hit with one, on a player who a lot of 49er fans were excited to see this year. Jalen Hurd was rehabbing from a back injury and apparently tore his ACL doing non contact stuff.

Gerald McCoy tore his ACL today as well.

They need to start breeding humans with stronger ligaments dammit!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jalen Hurd....wow. Deebo already out. this is fucked. Aiyuk is going to have to ball the fuck out. I like Bourne but I dont trust him as a number 1. I think they should just run Kittle out wide when they dont need him to block, with Aiyuk and Bourne at the 1 and 2, with Trent Taylor in the slot. Hurd could have been dynamic, now he is just an injury prone bust.

What Shanahan needs to do is start using his running backs in the passing game. He almost never does, he did here and there, but Mostert is dynamic with the ball in his hands, and obviously a burner, he can catch, I bet he could haul in 35 40 balls a year. That would take some pressure off of the WR core.

Last edited: