babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Em6tCvkXUAkr-js.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think Baltimore is nearly as good as last year, the surprise is gone now. The offense stats are down across the board, they need to up the offensive game planning to another level and I don't think they know what that is.

They have a year of film on Lamar and an entire offseason to scheme for that offense. He isn’t a real Qb. He is an amazing athlete playing Qb, which has never worked in the long term.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

This dude was waived by the Ravens. He's saved several TD's this year, 2 in this game alone. (though that BS PI against the Bills was called against him I think)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think Baltimore is nearly as good as last year, the surprise is gone now. The offense stats are down across the board, they need to up the offensive game planning to another level and I don't think they know what that is.
It happens over and over. Put a super athlete at QB, they blow the league apart for a year, and then the defenses play them so they have to read the field and pass and most of them can't do it. Vick, Kapernick, RG3, and a ton of others. Even Cam to some extent although he had a couple good years later in his career. There are a few who turn the corner and actually turn into legit quarterbacks, like Russell Wilson and Steve Young, but most of them can't.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma things:

• First and foremost. I prayed at the alter of our lord and savior Brady. The heavens sent The Carolina Panthers. Prayers answered.
  • Brady for MVP! MVP! MVP!
  • NO idea how the fuck the Patriots beat Baltimore. But damn if they didn't handle Jackson like they knew what he was going to do.
  • Amazing how a year of footage just fucks with good QB's. Jackson better figure it out fast.
  • Fuck if anyone can explain Cleveland at this point. But they are 6-3. Mayfield is garbage.
  • Philip "Too many kids" Rivers is 6-3. Indy looked good!
  • Say what you want about Gruden. What he is doing is working. Again another AFC team is 6-3!
  • Russel Wilson has been outplayed two weeks in a row now. Yesterday was bad. He falling out of MVP race? /slideinBrady!
  • How the fuck is Pittsburgh 9-0? Oh I know! They have a scrub laden schedule!
  • NFC East. No team has more than 3 wins. DallASS is STILL in last place!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It happens over and over. Put a super athlete at QB, they blow the league apart for a year, and then the defenses play them so they have to read the field and pass and most of them can't do it. Vick, Kapernick, RG3, and a ton of others. Even Cam to some extent although he had a couple good years later in his career. There are a few who turn the corner and actually turn into legit quarterbacks, like Russell Wilson and Steve Young, but most of them can't.

Vick was pretty good for multiple years. Agree on the others though.

I'm very thankful that Lamar might end up a flash in the pan.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think Lamar is the problem, it's a lack of putting him into better situations. Running the same ass tired shit everyone knows is whats hurting them, not that Lamar is playing worse. Like I said in my first post, they have no second level game planning. The offensive scheme is straight up figured out completely.

If you were to put Lamar on the Chiefs he would thrive I would wager because they know how to scheme a defense and use every little bit of the flaws that defense has to great advantage. They put there players in the best possible position to dominate a defense. Ravens clearly have no idea on how to achieve that.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Patrick is Andy's muse and is running plays Reid has been storing in his private jerk off binder the past 20 years.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think Lamar is the problem, it's a lack of putting him into better situations. Running the same ass tired shit everyone knows is whats hurting them, not that Lamar is playing worse. Like I said in my first post, they have no second level game planning. The offensive scheme is straight up figured out completely.

If you were to put Lamar on the Chiefs he would thrive I would wager because they know how to scheme a defense and use every little bit of the flaws that defense has to great advantage. They put there players in the best possible position to dominate a defense. Ravens clearly have no idea on how to achieve that.

I think some of it is Lamar's lack of development as a passer. He led the league in passing TD's last year, but there was serious regression coming, and it's happening this year. Andrews fantasy owners can tell you all about it, same with people who keep starting Hollywood Brown for whatever reason.

He's also been nicked up a little this year, so the running hasn't been nearly as dynamic, and teams have been way more prepared for it. I also still don't look at the Ravens WR's and see much that should concern other teams, other than Brown having a lot of speed. Ingram has barely been healthy this year, too.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think Lamar is the problem, it's a lack of putting him into better situations. Running the same ass tired shit everyone knows is whats hurting them, not that Lamar is playing worse.
It's the Greg Roman special. Just ask 49ers fans during the Jim Harbaugh era.

Edit: Just to add to this though. I still believe, much like Kapernick, Lamar is limited in his passing ability and reading the field. So I think he is going to have a fairly low ceiling.

Also, LOL

• 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
How many frigging times does Collinsworth have to mention what a leader Cam Newton is? I mean he has to be the worst color guy in the business, why does he keep his job? The newer color men have shown you don't have to lick players dicks the entire game yet Collinsworth gobbles week in and week out.
I think he always looks super stoned every time he swings in at the beginning of the broadcast.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's the Greg Roman special. Just ask 49ers fans during the Jim Harbaugh era.

Edit: Just to add to this though. I still believe, much like Kapernick, Lamar is limited in his passing ability and reading the field. So I think he is going to have a fairly low ceiling.

Also, LOL
Is the insinuation that he was backing away cowardly? Because I can easily see that as being he was backing up because he thought the RB was coming that way, plus the offensive guy did clearly hook his arm at the end.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Vick was pretty good for multiple years. Agree on the others though.

Fair enough. He's also sort of the first one of those guys I remember. Some of Steve Young's crazy runs were while he was backing up Montana and I think by the time he was a starter he was already on the way to being a competent pocket passer. I wasn't watching football enough during Vick's career to know if his decline was more due to injuries or the defenses figuring him out.

Oh and I forgot Randall Cunningham as a guy who started out as a running quarterback and developed into a legit pocket passer.

Last edited:

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
49ers broke Drew Brees. IT'S WINSTON TIME!
This is on the Aints organization. They should have kept Bridgewater. You could see the fall off in Brees last year. That team is now in freefall. NFC Championship is going to be the Packers getting destroyed by whatever team survives the NFC West, like most years.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think some of it is Lamar's lack of development as a passer. He led the league in passing TD's last year, but there was serious regression coming, and it's happening this year. Andrews fantasy owners can tell you all about it, same with people who keep starting Hollywood Brown for whatever reason.

He's also been nicked up a little this year, so the running hasn't been nearly as dynamic, and teams have been way more prepared for it. I also still don't look at the Ravens WR's and see much that should concern other teams, other than Brown having a lot of speed. Ingram has barely been healthy this year, too.
I definitely agree. Lamar was at his best when he was a wild card that defenses didn't know. Defensive coordinators catch up and catch up quick at least the competent ones and Lamar hasn't evolved as quickly. It could be ego or maturity or it could also be coaching and play calling. I would bet its mostly on Lamar though because you can see when he starts to press he stares down receiver after receiver. This isn't some huge knock against Lamar as its fairly typical of the process. Baltimore is still running the ball well enough play action should be working well. It has to be on the qb but he is still dynamic just needs to get into a rhythm like most qb's.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am with Brutul on this one. Outside of a handful of running QBs (who all could incidentally pass well) they all go bananas for a year then fizzle out immediately. And even the ones that can throw often fall off a cliff the first time they get injured and can no longer rely on their legs to reliably get them out of trouble. Mahomes might break that trend, but he is also a pass first guy. If Wilson somehow survives the season without getting his legs broken, he probably should get the MVP because clearly Seattle has no chance without him having a good game.