NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is sad about the Alix Smith thing for me as a 49er fan is I have never seen this level of grittiness from him. He has a different "aura" or something. I dont know if its because of the catastrophic injury, or because he is much more experienced now, a combination of the two, who knows. He did go through like 5 different offensive coordinators in 5 years in SF, but he just looks like a different player. He is throwing for 300 yards now (he never threw for 300 yards ONCE IN HIS ENTIRE 49er CAREER), is showing pocket awareness, isnt making mistakes, and is coming up large in big moments.

Im happy for him just sucks we couldnt get more of that out of our #1 draft pick.

Jozu

lol Genjiro, they lose one game after playing so well all year and now they are one and done?

What kind of fan are you.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What is sad about the Alix Smith thing for me as a 49er fan is I have never seen this level of grittiness from him. He has a different "aura" or something. I dont know if its because of the catastrophic injury, or because he is much more experienced now, a combination of the two, who knows. He did go through like 5 different offensive coordinators in 5 years in SF, but he just looks like a different player. He is throwing for 300 yards now (he never threw for 300 yards ONCE IN HIS ENTIRE 49er CAREER), is showing pocket awareness, isnt making mistakes, and is coming up large in big moments.

Im happy for him just sucks we couldnt get more of that out of our #1 draft pick.
You got Colin and Jimmy G

Jozu

I know, Im just saying I wish circumstances were different. He actually played REALLY well in his last season for the 49ers before he got hurt. Would have got them to the Super Bowl if it werent for Kyle Williams muffing TWO punts, one in the 4th and gave up points, then again in overtime. Went on to lose to a Giants FG. We should have fucking won that game.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol Genjiro, they lose one game after playing so well all year and now they are one and done?

Not a blind one? I have been saying all year their record isn't representative of how good they are. With a fully intact D they were very good but not now.

Steelers D is built on the foundation of their linebackers, and now 2/3 best ones are done for the year without good backups. The D was the only thing winning games in spite of the offense. The short yardage stuff I have been bitching about all year reared its ugly head *again* yesterday. 1st and goal from the 1. Turnover on downs. Cant get 1 fucking yard and its happened so many times this season they usually abandon even trying and throw on those downs. The tackle eligible pass where the fatass fell down 2 yards short of the goal line was a Fichtner classic. Snoop is right lol.

You see Ben completing deep passes this year? Yea me neither. The ones he has completed are ducks that Claypool just out jump balls guys to get. His arm strength after that injury last year is not even close to what it was. Wouldn't be surprised if this is his last rodeo. Idk if its 2020 and Covid-19, even in the interviews Ben, Pouncy, DeCastro especially, just seem to not be enjoying playing the game. I think the fan feedback and the feeding off it for players all over the league is a huge thing missing. Offenses have a clear advantage this season unlike previous years. The home field advantage and crowd noise kind of evened out all the rules in favor of offenses. Even being 11-0 it was hard to get into the games with fake crowd noise and empty stadiums. Idgaf what teams are playing in it, the SB will just be shit this year. Oh hey your halftime show looks like its doing a sound check, back to the Super Bowl scrimmage.

Fuck 2020.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Ya theres no way Wentz is on the Eagles next year. The Jags were able to trade Nick Foles, someone will trade for Wentz. The Eagles just wont get shit for it or will eat a lot of the salary.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Ya theres no way Wentz is on the Eagles next year. The Jags were able to trade Nick Foles, someone will trade for Wentz. The Eagles just wont get shit for it or will eat a lot of the salary.

Ya someone will do it. His salary will need to be eaten by the eagles and it will cripple them. They better hope Hurts does something...else they fucked.

They should cut him. Any trade they are getting ass fucked. I can see someone taking him AND a second round pick. Plus eagles eat the cash. Lol

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I can't fucking stand Jimmy Kimmel so I don't like to promote him in anyway, but this is actually pretty funny stuff from Romo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yeah he has undergone a major transformation for sure. Sometimes it takes new scenery or having the same coordinator or close to it for years or just maturity that comes from years/moving teams to major injuries. He definitely has something he didn't show in his early years. He was considered a game manager for a long time in SF and KC. I am not saying it was always fair but he never put up huge stats and was solid at not turning the ball over so much. It could be that he just has to be more a pocket passer and it just suits him at this point in his life and injury riddled legs. I bet its a combination of all these factors.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya someone will do it. His salary will need to be eaten by the eagles and it will cripple them. They better hope Hurts does something...else they fucked.

They should cut him. Any trade they are getting ass fucked. I can see someone taking him AND a second round pick. Plus eagles eat the cash. Lol
There are always sucker squads out there filled with hopium. The Eagles won't ever get past that salary though, not for years unless they get real lucky. It does seem that Wentz's hope for getting back on track lies in another city though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The Colts is a spot Wentz could possible end up at next year. Reich knows him and could potentially get Wentz his confidence back but you have to believe he isn't damaged goods beyond repair to even consider that.

Fadaar

That guy

Most of their wins were one score and against mediocre to bad teams. Not sure where to put Baltimore in there but considering them mediocre at this point. Their only convincing win against a good (and jesus christ I can't believe I'm using that term for this sentence) team is Cleveland in week 6.

Sterling

El Presidente
The Colts is a spot Wentz could possible end up at next year. Reich knows him and could potentially get Wentz his confidence back but you have to believe he isn't damaged goods beyond repair to even consider that.
It's kind of high risk with his salary. And not sure what that trade would look like. At this point Philly might take very little to trade him, but it's still not going to be nothing.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Philly is gonna eat it no matter what they do, it's 28 million before the beginning of next year or over 34 if they can't move him before that. No matter who ends up with him the Eagles are gonna take it in the ass

Hosix

All labs matter!
Philly is gonna eat it no matter what they do, it's 28 million before the beginning of next year or over 34 if they can't move him before that. No matter who ends up with him the Eagles are gonna take it in the ass

And we will all laugh as they get raped in the trade.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Im pretty sure Wentz is a 59 million dollar dead money cap hit after this season. (If they cut him)

How the fuck are they going to move him with such a disgusting contract situation. Even if they tried to let him go in 2022 it would still be a 38 million $ hit.

Edit: You have to think Wentz isn't completely washed? There has to be some ability left in him, I never seen such a young player completely and utterly fall off so quickly.

He might be going through some shit, who knows he is just bad. He could maybe revive his career if Hurts gets hurt and he steps in and salvaged SOMETHING.

Last edited:

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Dez was in the locker room tonight, tests positive, and they’re still going to play the game?

None of this shit makes any fucking sense. Honk honk.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users