NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The problem is people are assuming GB was playing to tie, and need to get a TD with one attempt, then get the two point conversion, then hold off TB from scoring, then hope yhings went your way in OT. None of this should be considered a given.

Everyone forgets the GB scenario was 4th and, what, 8 by that point, while down by 8? If you are playing to win, you need a FG and a TD, and given you needed 8ish yards on one attempt, doing the FG then was the safer play.

The thing that didnt make sense to me was not going for the onside kick, though GB's special teams are so garbage they probably figured they had no chance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The problem is people are assuming GB was playing to tie, and need to get a TD with one attempt, then get the two point conversion, then hold off TB from scoring, then hope yhings went your way in OT. None of this should be considered a given.

Everyone forgets the GB scenario was 4th and, what, 8 by that point, while down by 8? If you are playing to win, you need a FG and a TD, and given you needed 8ish yards on one attempt, doing the FG then was the safer play.

The thing that didnt make sense to me was not going for the onside kick, though GB's special teams are so garbage they probably figured they had no chance.

The biggest point you're forgetting is that the major component that is needed no matter what, with a 2 point or a FG is the TD. When you have the ball on the 8 yard line, with Rodgers, Adams, etc...that may be your best and only shot (and it was) to get that TD. Even if they make a stop on D burning all timeouts and what not, there was a good chance they never get closer to the goal line than they already were right then.

If he had taken some huge sack and it was 4th and goal from like the 22? Sure, maybe kick the field goal then. On the 8? Give the ball to your best player and give him a shot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
You give the ball to Rodgers 100% of the time. If he misses, you get the bucs inside the 10 and go from there<period>

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think Rodgers is ready to go as well because the team drafted a QB and is ready to move on.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Turns out Cole Beasley broke his Fibula in week 16 and played 3 playoff games on that leg. Damn.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I think Rodgers is ready to go as well because the team drafted a QB and is ready to move on.
He has been to the NFC champ game 2 years in a row.

Where would he go that would give him a BETTER Shot at a ring?

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did you even watch your video ?

He gets his leg kicked out from under him.

Maybe, but most Brady sacks look like that. I agree that it's smart. Trying to fight for half a yard or risking taking a big hit for a 10% chance of keeping a drive going probably isn't worth it for a QB that's 23, let alone for one that's 43.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I never once said he would be able to go to a better spot. I said he might be ready leave the organisation because of what they have done. They had a chance to go all in this last year for a ring and drafted a QB in the 1st round. To me that says not committed to winning now. So there may be options on the table. Colts come to mind.

I could be wrong of course but Rodgers doesn't strike me as a guy burning for another ring.

Merrith

Depends how many guys they end up losing this year, and whether his LT is able to have a successful rehab. 2 other guys on their O line are free agents, including their Pro Bowl center. Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones are both free agents (although they did draft Dillon last year).

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don’t think old QBs move teams for spite. He would have done that last year. It’s legacy time and he needs a 2nd ring. Maybe saints :)

Colts have 3 WR and Marian Mack as free agents this year. May not be a great landing spot without a big #1 WR deal.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Such a sad day for my dear Bills. Its hard to say even what you fix for next year, (RB) KC was Just better. Their secondary played lights out.

@Erronius @Amod

As per the bet i now sport a Patty M Avatar until April 25th 2021
acknowledged

tenor.gif

(i'm being a little harsh, b/c i do live in this putrid state)

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf

Hosix

All labs matter!
I don’t think old QBs move teams for spite. He would have done that last year. It’s legacy time and he needs a 2nd ring. Maybe saints :)

Colts have 3 WR and Marian Mack as free agents this year. May not be a great landing spot without a big #1 WR deal.

He should go to Tampa and backup TB12. Get in on that gravy train!

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't planning to make a decision based on this year because of the covid bullshit, but I'm really starting to doubt my belief that Brady was just a really good system QB.

• 2Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tampa just trying to win every Covid championship. Rays blew it though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Tampa just trying to win every Covid championship. Rays blew it though.

Raptors are going to play out of Tampa Bay this year it seems lol. Thats a lot of recent championship hardware in the Bay , especially if things go right for Tom.

Merrith

Considering they have Taylor, Hines, and Wilkins at RB still (and Taylor is going to be THE guy), Mack isn't all that relevant. Also they really like their young WR's in Pittman and Campbell. Colts should be a very attractive landing spot for a QB.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Again, Rodgers has a $31M dead money hit, and a $37M salary. His play is worth $6M next year, and the new guy wasnt even active for most of the season.

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
By the way, I think watching Tom Brady get sacked the last couple of years is hilarious. The second someone touches him he just drops to the ground like a house of cards. He's not taking a hit for any reason if he can help it. He's like "You can have your sack just don't hurt me!". Peyton Manning did the same thing his last couple of years.

Being healthy and injury free makes a big difference over the years. Taking a few extra sacks to extend a healthy career a few years? Yup.

• 2Like