NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I wasn't planning to make a decision based on this year because of the covid bullshit, but I'm really starting to doubt my belief that Brady was just a really good system QB.
Cam newton being absolutely atrocious should probably factor in too.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You know it's funny, for all the credit the Brady acquisition gets for turning around the Bucs...Ryan Succop may have been just as important. Bucs were 7-9 last year with arguably up to 4 losses last year that could have been wins with better kicking.

Week 3 against Giants, 32-31 loss when they missed 2 XP, and a 34 yard FG on the last play of the game
Week 9 against Seattle, missed a FG in regulation only to lose in OT
Week 16 against Houston, missed FG in 23-20 loss
Week 17 against Atlanta, 0 for 3 on FG attempts in the game only to lose in OT.

Meanwhile Succop only missed 3 FG's all year this year.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
You know it's funny, for all the credit the Brady acquisition gets for turning around the Bucs...Ryan Succop may have been just as important. Bucs were 7-9 last year with arguably up to 4 losses last year that could have been wins with better kicking.

Week 3 against Giants, 32-31 loss when they missed 2 XP, and a 34 yard FG on the last play of the game

shut the fuck up. shut. the. fuck. up.

SEASON ISN'T OVER YET

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I mean it's great to have a consistent kicker, but I feel like nothing is more important than having a QB who isn't out there setting interception records.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
(i'm being a little harsh, b/c i do live in this putrid state)
Kansas is putrid; can confirm.

But the Missouri side of KC thinks they're heads and shoulders above Kansas (they aren't).

Such a sad day for my dear Bills. Its hard to say even what you fix for next year, (RB) KC was Just better. Their secondary played lights out.

I'm not sure, and I haven't watched Buffalo much this year...but someone at work was wondering if Buffalo is going to be the new Pittsburgh. Just smash-mouth football AND a threat in the playoffs, if not the SB. My first impulse was to laugh, but you know what? I guess it's possible. Buffalo is definitely much better than they were. And they're my #2 team, so I'd honestly like to see them win a SB like KC has.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Kansas is putrid; can confirm.

But the Missouri side of KC thinks they're heads and shoulders above Kansas (they aren't).
um sure? go ahead and fight for your backwater state, i'm just visiting... hopefully.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
The problem is people are assuming GB was playing to tie, and need to get a TD with one attempt, then get the two point conversion, then hold off TB from scoring, then hope yhings went your way in OT. None of this should be considered a given.

Everyone forgets the GB scenario was 4th and, what, 8 by that point, while down by 8? If you are playing to win, you need a FG and a TD, and given you needed 8ish yards on one attempt, doing the FG then was the safer play.

The thing that didnt make sense to me was not going for the onside kick, though GB's special teams are so garbage they probably figured they had no chance.

So if GB scores on 3rd down they just kick the extra point? Because you still need the FG to win right?

The analytics people on football are dumb, and the people that act like the analytics people are right are retarded. Just morons being patted on the back by bigger morons.

If you’re not going for it on fourth down then why are you throwing at 3 yard out to Adam’s on second down? The fucking coaching is terrible.

You go for the score 100% of the time, otherwise you end up posting on a message board about how technically the FG was the right call, even though it wasn’t.

• 1Salty
  • 1Truth!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
um sure? go ahead and fight for your backwater state, i'm just visiting... hopefully.
I'm not defending Kansas, LOL.

To be fair, there's a couple relatively tolerable spots in the state...and you're not in one of them

Merrith

I mean it's great to have a consistent kicker, but I feel like nothing is more important than having a QB who isn't out there setting interception records.

This is obviously true, but that same QB also put up 5k+ yards and 33 TD's (2nd most last year) to go with all those picks. Their D wasn't quite as good last year (came on 2nd half of the season) and they got better this year, plus added Gronk, Fournette, and AB. I just keep reading/hearing in some places that Tampa went from "nothing" to the Super Bowl...when frankly if they had Succop last year there is a good shot they win 10+ games and might be a playoff team with Winston throwing 30 picks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I still think LaFleur should go and maybe he still will but getting to the end of the day and Pettine still employed baffles me. 8 seconds left in the half and you line up man coverage? At least Williams was doing it to make sure they lost.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Rex Grossman and A-Rodgers? Have the same number of NFC title game wins. Lol.

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Brady had 40 TDs and 12 Ints in the regular season this year. Winston never got close to that kind of performance. Brady deserves all the praise he is getting this year.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Brady had 40 TDs and 12 Ints in the regular season this year. Winston never got close to that kind of performance. Brady deserves all the praise he is getting this year.

Yeah but, only because brady knew he had a solid kicker.

c'mon man

• 6Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
The other thing about Brady vs Winston is that there's a quality to the INTs thrown. A lot of Jameis' INTs were to linebackers in the middle of the field - those usually resulted in way better run backs and field position for the other team (let alone the higher number of pick sixes). I mean, while it was ugly as hell, Brady's 3rd INT last night was like a punt and felt intentional to me - he was dead to rights on a sack so he decided to loft up a 50/50 ball deep to Evans, and if it gets picked off its still deep in their own territory - was that a better decision than taking a sack and giving Green Bay +30 or so yards?

• 2Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
This made me go compare their career stats for shits and gigs. Brady has like 190 ints in 20 seasons compared to Winston's 88 in 5 lol.

• 1Like

Merrith

I wasn't suggesting Brady didn't play well or didn't deserve praise (or credit). It was more me bringing up I'd heard some weird stuff making Tampa sound like they were some 4-12 team that are now in the Super Bowl only b/c of Brady. When in reality they were a pretty good team that if they had a decent kicker last year even WITH Winston throwing 30 picks (although again, also 5k passing yards and 33 TD's) they could easily have won 10 games and been a wild card team.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
89mul8pfbid61.jpg

mv8o3e33red61.jpg

v00immu87dd61.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lev Bell and Antonio Brown both going to the Super Bowl. Who would of seen that coming.

And LeSean McCoy going to back to back Super Bowls on different teams, while riding the bench is pretty funny.