NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Went from McCarthy to that 4th down call. Plus the dumb 2 point call earlier.
Nothing will EVER top the Seattle meltdown McCarthy had and he had several blowouts in the NFCCG after that. I mean the dude was skipping practices and meetings to get "massages" in his office the last season he was there. And lets not forget that he routinely just up and released good players who he simply did not like.

That said, reflecting on yesterdays game I came to a couple of sobering conclusions. There were five coaching mistakes that game that I recall vividly. The most minor one was not burning a time out to avoid a 12 men penalty when we were on Defense. Next up the ladder was our inexplicable decision to get away from the steady short yardage offense that had been working to shift to slow developing home run balls, further exacerbated by all the empty backfield plays we called during that stretch. Then you have that dumb choice to go for two which, if failed, puts us in the position of HAVING to go for 2 later in a game where our redzone offense was pretty shitty. But then there are the two biggies.

First, the last play of the first half probably should cost Pettine his job, especially with how bad King was getting burned all day. Six seconds and 50 yards for them to cover with no TOs and he fucking calls man press instead of cover 2. This one call most definitely cost us the game no matter how you look at it and it was arguably the worst defensive call by any team during the entire playoffs this year, maybe in recent memory for the league, and it came at the worst possible time in the most crucial game.

Then there is the play that made everyone forget about Pettine's stupidity. When you have the league MVP and the other team has the GOAT and there are two minutes left, down by 8, there is zero reason to not treat that as four down territory the whole way. Rodgers knew it and was playing that way. The Bucs knew it. The fans watching knew it. Our whole board knew it. Even Aikman and Joe Suck knew it. But LaFluer went ahead and made likely the worst call of his career and basically lost any confidence the offence had in him for the foreseeable future. There was no scenario where a FG helps you there when your Defense is basically non existent. He put Rodgers on the sideline never to touch the ball again and we all instantly recognized this would play out that way when Crosby trotted out there.

The reason that FG call is so bad is not because it cost us the game, though. Its horrible because it probably cements Rodgers exiting, likely as early as next year. An egomaniac (and Rodgers generally backs it up with his play) like AR will not get over being sat down with the game on the line like that. He didn't with McDoofus and he sure as hell is not going to do it with some guy younger than him who likely blew his last window to get into the SB. And make no mistake, this was GBs last shot for a while. We are in cap hell as of right now, with several key players up for contract and none of whom we negotiated with ahead of time. This list includes Jones, Williams, and two or three of our O Line. On that list, Jones is probably gone (Williams is consistently good at getting the sticks moving and does not fumble or get hurt all the time) but its doubtful we can keep our line together, especially if Bakiari fails to recover. This also means no help coming on either the D side of the ball and no slot receiver, since we will have to swap out existing talent for bargain substitutes just to make cap.

I could see Rodgers hanging around ordinarily in this situation, because until the Bears of the Vikings get a real coach we have an easy ride to a playoff berth each season. He stuck it out with a dwindling talent pool under McCarthyt. But after that call by LaFluer I am pretty much sure he is checked out. His body language said it and his responses in the pressers point to it. LaFluer basically lost Rodger's patience with that call. If he is going to have to sit through a rebuild, why not go someplace with a better coach and more weapons? To that end I would not be shocked to see him with the Niners, Colts, Pats, Saints, or even maybe Fins next year. He wont go someplace without a line and no defense.

Breaks my heart because LaFluer was (and still is) a big step up from McDoofus, but he made some big errors at the worst possible time. I hope Jordan Love is worth a shit, because we won't have anyone else for a while once AR bolts. And frankly with everything else that is coming to a head next season, its sadly in the best interest of the team to just let him walk and start chewing down the shit sandwich for the next few years.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nothing will EVER top the Seattle meltdown McCarthy had and he had several blowouts in the NFCCG after that. I mean the dude was skipping practices and meetings to get "massages" in his office the last season he was there. And lets not forget that he routinely just up and released good players who he simply did not like.

That said, reflecting on yesterdays game I came to a couple of sobering conclusions. There were five coaching mistakes that game that I recall vividly. The most minor one was not burning a time out to avoid a 12 men penalty when we were on Defense. Next up the ladder was our inexplicable decision to get away from the steady short yardage offense that had been working to shift to slow developing home run balls, further exacerbated by all the empty backfield plays we called during that stretch. Then you have that dumb choice to go for two which, if failed, puts us in the position of HAVING to go for 2 later in a game where our redzone offense was pretty shitty. But then there are the two biggies.

First, the last play of the first half probably should cost Pettine his job, especially with how bad King was getting burned all day. Six seconds and 50 yards for them to cover with no TOs and he fucking calls man press instead of cover 2. This one call most definitely cost us the game no matter how you look at it and it was arguably the worst defensive call by any team during the entire playoffs this year, maybe in recent memory for the league, and it came at the worst possible time in the most crucial game.

Then there is the play that made everyone forget about Pettine's stupidity. When you have the league MVP and the other team has the GOAT and there are two minutes left, down by 8, there is zero reason to not treat that as four down territory the whole way. Rodgers knew it and was playing that way. The Bucs knew it. The fans watching knew it. Our whole board knew it. Even Aikman and Joe Suck knew it. But LaFluer went ahead and made likely the worst call of his career and basically lost any confidence the offence had in him for the foreseeable future. There was no scenario where a FG helps you there when your Defense is basically non existent. He put Rodgers on the sideline never to touch the ball again and we all instantly recognized this would play out that way when Crosby trotted out there.

The reason that FG call is so bad is not because it cost us the game, though. Its horrible because it probably cements Rodgers exiting, likely as early as next year. An egomaniac (and Rodgers generally backs it up with his play) like AR will not get over being sat down with the game on the line like that. He didn't with McDoofus and he sure as hell is not going to do it with some guy younger than him who likely blew his last window to get into the SB. And make no mistake, this was GBs last shot for a while. We are in cap hell as of right now, with several key players up for contract and none of whom we negotiated with ahead of time. This list includes Jones, Williams, and two or three of our O Line. On that list, Jones is probably gone (Williams is consistently good at getting the sticks moving and does not fumble or get hurt all the time) but its doubtful we can keep our line together, especially if Bakiari fails to recover. This also means no help coming on either the D side of the ball and no slot receiver, since we will have to swap out existing talent for bargain substitutes just to make cap.

I could see Rodgers hanging around ordinarily in this situation, because until the Bears of the Vikings get a real coach we have an easy ride to a playoff berth each season. He stuck it out with a dwindling talent pool under McCarthyt. But after that call by LaFluer I am pretty much sure he is checked out. His body language said it and his responses in the pressers point to it. LaFluer basically lost Rodger's patience with that call. If he is going to have to sit through a rebuild, why not go someplace with a better coach and more weapons? To that end I would not be shocked to see him with the Niners, Colts, Pats, Saints, or even maybe Fins next year. He wont go someplace without a line and no defense.

Breaks my heart because LaFluer was (and still is) a big step up from McDoofus, but he made some big errors at the worst possible time. I hope Jordan Love is worth a shit, because we won't have anyone else for a while once AR bolts. And frankly with everything else that is coming to a head next season, its sadly in the best interest of the team to just let him walk and start chewing down the shit sandwich for the next few years.

This is one helluva post. Well fuckin done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I thought the Packers played well enough to win the game most of the game but it was a crime that they didn't make more out of those 3 Brady interceptions. Aaron Rodgers coming to San Francisco would right a wrong from 2005 when we should have picked him #1 overall but I can't really see it happening with the salary cap issues that both he and the 49ers have right now. The obvious destination is the Patriots but I would fucking hate that because then we'd probably see Belichick back in the superbowl after we already have to watch Brady do it this year. I really hoped we might be done with those motherfuckers dominating the league but I guess not at least for Brady. Aside from the picks I thought he was unreal yesterday which is just not fair.

In the AFC Game I did think Allen looked a little rattled but the fact of the matter is that Mahomes + Kelce + Hill + Andy Reid is a fucking nightmare for any team to deal with. As long as that group stays together and healthy they're going to be in it every year. As much as people like to play up the race angle, I'm pretty sure that's why Eric Bieniemy hasn't gotten a lot of head coaching offers. Does anyone expect a big drop off in the Chief's offense when he leaves? He could be a great coach, but it's a gamble because we haven't really seen him with the training wheels off.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Think about it, there arent many destinations Rodgers will go.

Patriots. Its possible. New England will be in a MUCH better salary cap situation in 2021.
49ers. Unlikely but it could happen. Rodgers would play there, and the 49ers would have him.
Panthers, Colts, Jets, Broncos, Lions, Raiders, Bears and Saints.

Thats pretty much it. Maybe Washington?

Is this Packers loss worse than losing to the 49ers last year? Rodgers isnt going to play for a loser in his final years so he might just end up in New England lmao.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
When Tyreek was at Okie State, I thought he'd make a career as a punt returner in the NFL, maybe a serviceable slot WR.

Watching him, especially last night but just in general he has it all - he's the fastest player I've ever seen, and his ability to move laterally at speed is second to none (looks like a faster Barry Sanders). He has tremendous hands, he's sturdy (was hoping Ceedee Lamb would become Tyreek-esque, but no chance... he's a waif) and he runs his routes perfectly. It's crazy somebody that "small" can just dominate the game every time he touches to ball.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it really seems like he has no weaknesses except for his size and frankly, that is never an issue.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah being one of the fastest dudes in the league and having legit good skills doesn't always come together.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is this Packers loss worse than losing to the 49ers last year? Rodgers isnt going to play for a loser in his final years so he might just end up in New England lmao.
Definitely for two reasons. First is between Rodgers age and the salary cap situation in GB, the window is basically closed for a SB run. This year is the best we are going to be for a good long while until the dead money works its way out. Plus we have a number of critical players about to go on the market and we frankly cannot afford to keep even half of them. The offense will not be as good as this year for quite some time from now, mostly because we are almost assuredly losing Jones and two of our OLine. Theres a decent chance we might lose Tanyan too, if I am not mistaken.

Second, last year was more of a situation of being outmatched by a more talented (outside of QB) squad on the road and it was LaFluer's first year. This year we had home field and likely the talent advantage, at least on offense, and the loss can be directly attributed to coaching mistakes. Its a lesser version of the Seattle meltdown, but that one is fresh enough in people's memories that comparisons are being made which is not an ideal head space for the team to be in. And that is the exact moment Rodgers checked out on McDoofus as well.

So this is basically a team destroyer loss, just not on the level with the Seattle one. The major difference being is that time is running out on AR and he wants another legitimate shot at a ring. And we are in more dire cap room straights. LaFluer pretty much made Rodgers, and by extension the office, butthurt with that FG call. And yeah a couple people came out flat in the game for sure (Jones, King, Adams) but Brady also threw three picks in the game so it really does make this a coaching loss.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah being one of the fastest dudes in the league and having legit good skills doesn't always come together.

What do you mean? John Ross is the total package and was absolutely worth the Top 10 pick.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Such a sad day for my dear Bills. Its hard to say even what you fix for next year, (RB) KC was Just better. Their secondary played lights out.

Erronius Erronius Amod Amod

As per the bet i now sport a Patty M Avatar until April 25th 2021

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Such a sad day for my dear Bills. Its hard to say even what you fix for next year, (RB) KC was Just better. Their secondary played lights out.

Erronius Erronius Amod Amod

As per the bet i now sport a Patty M Avatar until April 25th 2021

That's the best you've ever looked. At least your avatar isn't some bum on the street now.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Allen needs some more big game experience and they need a RB who can block. The rest for the Bills is execution and building on this season. They have not hit their ceiling yet.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
By the way, I think watching Tom Brady get sacked the last couple of years is hilarious. The second someone touches him he just drops to the ground like a house of cards. He's not taking a hit for any reason if he can help it. He's like "You can have your sack just don't hurt me!". Peyton Manning did the same thing his last couple of years.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The more I think about that 4th down call by LaFleur, the more I am like fire that fucker. 100% wrong call 100% of the time. Those are moments that define you and typically, once you make the bad choice it means you will make it again. Just cut your loses now.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats one of those calls where you read the box score if you didnt see the game and see "Mason Crosby Field Goal 2:02 4th Q". You scratch your head and wonder what happened and ask why they lost the game by 5 points.

What the fuck.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
as much as I hate Brady, the chiefs fans are becoming annoying as fuck

k6noqltfngd61.jpg

• 1Like

Cybsled

By the way, I think watching Tom Brady get sacked the last couple of years is hilarious. The second someone touches him he just drops to the ground like a house of cards. He's not taking a hit for any reason if he can help it. He's like "You can have your sack just don't hurt me!". Peyton Manning did the same thing his last couple of years.

TBH it’s smart, especially when older. Your ability to play is going to be directly contingent on how fucked up your body is. People retire from the NFL in their late 20s/early 30s because of the toll it takes

• 2Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Did you even watch your video ?

He gets his leg kicked out from under him.