NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They don't need to adjust it. The NFL is racist as hell for a job option. Black males are 13% of the population but 70% of the NFL but that's meritocracy in action. 4 HCs out of 32 are minorities which is 12.5% but THAT"S RACIST! Maybe all of those white guys that weren't going to be drafted decided they might coach instead. Maybe the guys who couldn't even cut it in top colleges decided coaching was a better opportunity? Maybe spending years helping the coaches as a scout, coffee deliverer, etc helped these guys gain connections and experience while most of the top minority players...went to the NFL. It's the same kind of SJW garbage the media promotes like sexist leadership in soccer didn't let women make as much! They chose not to but that's not the issue! There are good black coaches getting opportunities but someone has to push the SJW at all times.

I think they could adjust it. If Belichick suddenly left the Patriots but still wanted to coach, does it make sense that any other team would first have to interview a minority candidate instead of just pursuing Belichick? Currently they'd have to hold an obviously bullshit interview prior to interviewing Bill.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Well the argument is that those bullshit interviews do create contacts and that sort of thing. But the draft pick thing is extra stupid.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Damn this is another stat Jameis Winston could have pointed out when he was telling people he was balling. Might have even got a starting gig!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really don't get it. Seahawks were losing the years before Wilson stepped on the field. He turned that team around basically by himself. As Colin mentioned only QB with more post season wins that decade was Brady. Dude is a hall of famer and gets no respect.
As much as I love shitting on the Seahawks and thought Russell was going to be a bust, the dude is the only reason that team is still competitive. I wish we had him..

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Giving up 21 unanswered points in the 4th quarter of the SuperBowl still has me salty as fuck. Niners won 5 straight SuperBowls now lost their last 2. Both losses were due to great defense shitting the bed, against the Ravens it was the first half of the game.

Hopefully this year they can make another run, but fuck that loss to Mahomes sucked. Not as bad as the Flacco loss, but bad. On paper they could be better than last year. If Kinlaw turns out to be a monster, and Aiyuk is Deebo Samuel 2.0, and Hurd gets healthy and is actually good? They will easily be the team to beat in the NFC.

Samuel, Aiyuk and Kittle YAC is out of control.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
History says a dominant defense will regress, it almost always happens. I wouldn't count on the 49ers defense being as good next year. However, in theory their offense could take a step forward.

It's really difficult to get to the Super Bowl, and getting back there the next year even tougher. I hope they get back there but the NFC is looking stacked again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Giving up 21 unanswered points in the 4th quarter of the SuperBowl still has me salty as fuck. Niners won 5 straight SuperBowls now lost their last 2. Both losses were due to great defense shitting the bed, against the Ravens it was the first half of the game.

Hopefully this year they can make another run, but fuck that loss to Mahomes sucked. Not as bad as the Flacco loss, but bad. On paper they could be better than last year. If Kinlaw turns out to be a monster, and Aiyuk is Deebo Samuel 2.0, and Hurd gets healthy and is actually good? They will easily be the team to beat in the NFC.

Samuel, Aiyuk and Kittle YAC is out of control.
Its extremely unlikely the 49ers get back to the superbowl this year. I think only a few teams have done it in the salary cap era.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How often does a Super Bowl team miss the playoffs entirely next season?

Certainly not trying to antagonize one specific person with that question.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

How often does a Super Bowl team miss the playoffs entirely next season?

Certainly not trying to antagonize one specific person with that question.

The Loser's Curse was a bit of a thing in the 2000's.

tIgFfH0.png

• 2Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Bills fans in the early 90's must have felt suicidal. Weren't the called Boy I Love Losing Superbowls at the time?

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
On the other hand, it feels like the Chiefs are going to run it back, continuing the Golden Age of Missouri sports.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If I were to think of a team to win it back to back again, this Chiefs team would be at the top of the list. They are in an extremely good state coming into the year. They are hitting a sweet spot with keeping everyone they need already under contract. It's still not likely to happen statistically. We'll see but this year could come down to who doesn't get hit by covid the hardest.

• 2Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I mean, a dumb offsides penalty, phantom roughing the passer, an overturned muffed punt and a shit defensive coordinator only barely kept them out of the Superbowl in 2018, it doesn't seem unrealistic they can make it back. Mahomes probably isn't at his ceiling as far as developing skill, knowledge and leadership.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The Loser's Curse was a bit of a thing in the 2000's.

tIgFfH0.png

I don't quite understand this chart. At first I thought it was listing all the Superbowl losers who had losing records the next year. But then I saw the 2007 pats who went 11-5 the next year and the 2018 rams who went 9-7.

Got a list for Superbowl winners who sucked the following year?

Merrith

I don't quite understand this chart. At first I thought it was listing all the Superbowl losers who had losing records the next year. But then I saw the 2007 pats who went 11-5 the next year and the 2018 rams who went 9-7.

Got a list for Superbowl winners who sucked the following year?

These are the teams that lost in the super Bowl and missed the playoffs the following year.

Not sure about winners who sucked the next year, been less of I thing I'd assume.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
These are the teams that lost in the super Bowl and missed the playoffs the following year.

Not sure about winners who sucked the next year, been less of I thing I'd assume.

Holy shit. The pats missed the playoffs at 11-5? I guess I didn't give enough of a fuck back then to notice.