NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Only reason to maybe turn it down is if there's like zero guaranteed money.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's probably smart to turn down the flashy offer for a lower number with more guaranteed money. They say you should bet on yourself and for Richard Sherman with the 49ers I think it's worked out, but I don't know that it's a good plan for Dak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
bet on yourself?

kinda dumb when you have $35mm per year in your hand.

another 8-8 season won’t bode well for the next negotiation.

dump him, play Andy so he can get that #1 draft pick 2 years in a row. Tank for Trevor!

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If the $45M is true, I don't see how the Cowboys don't just keep tagging him till they can't. Seriously, fuck him, get the red rocket in there.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I really hope he turns down that offer and gets shipped off somewhere else where he'll make less and get less exposure and then he'll get exposed with an inferior team around him.

I'd love for him to turn out like Clowney. Keep pushing above his worth, get a short deal and the sit waiting as your 'demands' continue to shrink. At least Clowney has elite talent.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So if there is no season or even a short one, I'm curious how the franchise tags will end up. No season I would expect the year doesn't count, but short season does he get the full $31.4M?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Mahomes is gonna get like 40-45M assuming the salary cap doesnt shrink due to Covid. Everyone else trying to get close.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The Eagles have proposed a rule that would give teams an alternative option to the onside kick. Instead of trying to recover an onside kick, teams would have the option of attempting to convert a fourth-and-15 play from their own 25-yard line. If they get the 15 yards, they get a first down and keep possession of the ball. If they don't get the 15 yards, the other team would take over possession from wherever the play ended.

I'm down for at least giving this a try, hopefully the owners will to

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So if there is no season or even a short one, I'm curious how the franchise tags will end up. No season I would expect the year doesn't count, but short season does he get the full $31.4M?
All salaries get prorated during shortened seasons

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

"One hundred percent," Wes Welker confirmed with a smile. "If he starts hitting bad shots and it gets bad, they're going to get thrown or broken, for sure."

Should be a fun watch.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I believe Salaries are prorated, but bonuses (Signing, Roster, Workout, etc.) are not.

Under the current rules, I think teams will have to adjust next year's salary cap to reflect any reduced income this year. The NFL and NFLPA could amend the contract to allow full pay, but some teams may not particularly want to give out tens of millions with no income coming in.

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
As much as I’d like to see Dak leave over money he isn’t worth and be exposed for just how exceptionally mediocre he truly is, I’d much rather he stays with the Cowgirls and continues to drag down an otherwise talented roster to prevent them from having any real success.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol

I actually do like the idea though

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users