NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
zzeris zzeris Was kind of weird to see Cam had his most passing attempts his rookie year, too. Always end up going down rabbit holes when I do stat look ups like that. You'd figure at some point they would have wanted him to settle more into pocket passer versus running as much. Wasn't even like that was his best passing year, 21 TD/17 Int his rookie year but year they went 15-1 and to the Super Bowl he put up 35 TD and only 10 Int on less attempts (only like 20 less, but still).

I really thought he had turned the corner after that year. He was amazing. He regressed massively in 2016 though. He regressed in every major category especially in comp%. He was never the same after the SB and I don't know why. The guy is very weird and I'm not 100% sure that SB loss didn't break something inside him.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really thought he had turned the corner after that year. He was amazing. He regressed massively in 2016 though. He regressed in every major category especially in comp%. He was never the same after the SB and I don't know why. The guy is very weird and I'm not 100% sure that SB loss didn't break something inside him.

Certainly possible. Cam's comp% was never that high, although he also was consistently near the drop in how far downfield on average his throws traveled, so it being somewhat lower shouldn't be surprising. Which year did he have the shoulder issues pop up? Was that 2017 or 2018?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Cam is a great QB as much as I hate to say it but his injury issues the last two years are keeping him from getting a contract somewhere. Plus as already mentioned, if you're borderline on your starter but don't want to admit it as either a coach of a front office Cam Newton is a pretty intimidating backup.

False. He was always completely overrated

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Certainly possible. Cam's comp% was never that high, although he also was consistently near the drop in how far downfield on average his throws traveled, so it being somewhat lower shouldn't be surprising. Which year did he have the shoulder issues pop up? Was that 2017 or 2018?

2017 which didn't help. I agree his accuracy was never really good but that year it was 52% I can't even imagine a modern QB having less than 60% comp but his career average is below that........he really was a fantastic runner wasn't he? lol.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
So what are the odds of an NFL team virtue signaling to sign Kaepernick before Newton? Even though Newton is also black and a better QB even with his injuries.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

So what are the odds of an NFL team virtue signaling to sign Kaepernick before Newton? Even though Newton is also black and a better QB even with his injuries.

I would say no way, but thinking about it, you never know.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You know there are a LOT of NFL players (Nick Bosa comes to mind) who don't want to give into the mob and kneel during the National Anthem. It is going to be very interesting to see how this goes and if it causes more division.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
I am stuck watching nascar cause no sports....

Just play football you pricks. At this point I will watch training camps 7 on 7 if I can. I don’t care about an athletes political anything.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
You know there are a LOT of NFL players (Nick Bosa comes to mind) who don't want to give into the mob and kneel during the National Anthem. It is going to be very interesting to see how this goes and if it causes more division.

Well, when the message is, if you don't, you're a fucking racist then you aren't really giving people an option.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

I am stuck watching nascar cause no sports....

Just play football you pricks. At this point I will watch training camps 7 on 7 if I can. I don’t care about an athletes political anything.

Hey, Nascar is a sport.

Can just tune in 5 minutes later for football, games always happen after the anthem.

Araxen

It'll be interesting to see the games without fans. From the little I've watch of some soccer matches, you can hear the players communicate which I think is a huge bonus to it. There is going to be a lot of bleeping during the games too.

Merrith

It'll be interesting to see the games without fans. From the little I've watch of some soccer matches, you can hear the players communicate which I think is a huge bonus to it. There is going to be a lot of bleeping during the games too.

Definitely hurts the whole "home field advantage", though, other than maybe Denver playing at altitude. Fans getting loud on opposing 3rd downs is such a big part of the game.

Araxen

Definitely hurts the whole "home field advantage", though, other than maybe Denver playing at altitude. Fans getting loud on opposing 3rd downs is such a big part of the game.

Yeah, there is no denying that. It's a huge part of games. I just find it interesting we are going to hear some things, we would never hear otherwise.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't think I would like it when UFC started back up again but I ended up enjoying it by the end of the first event back. I do think it was effecting some of the fighters performance while not others.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone who thinks coaches are going to let qb audio broadcasted live is a moron.

• 1Solidarity

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, there is no denying that. It's a huge part of games. I just find it interesting we are going to hear some things, we would never hear otherwise.
I wonder how many times the n-word will be broadcast, and how racist the NFL will be considered regardless of their response to it.