NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Fadaar

That guy
I doubt he ever expected to become such a superhuman symbol but man he's rode that gravy train like a fuckin' pro. The fact that he hasn't accepted any NFL deals (which I'm sure they've happened but have somehow stayed secret) in the 3+ years since his departure is proof enough of that. Once he signs he'd be subject to the team's demands/rules so that martyr status would get put on hold again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hope someone signs him, so this fallacy that he is a good player will die.

Frankly coming back 3 years out of the league isn't going to make or dispel anything regarding his level of play from when he left. It's also why it's purely a PR stunt if anyone signs him. Has any guy had any real success even with a full year out of the league? Holding a clipboard does not count as real success, either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Aldon Smith hasn't played since 2015 so we are gonna find out. He's a couple years younger than Kaep but plays a much more punishing position.

Merrith

Aldon Smith hasn't played since 2015 so we are gonna find out. He's a couple years younger than Kaep but plays a much more punishing position.

I should have specified I was specifically thinking of QB's. I'm not sure if I'd say any position is more punishing (at least mentally) than QB. Not to mention I think most of us would agree whatever ultra slim chance a guy like Kaepernick could come back and have success would probably depend greatly on the type of offense he was being asked to run/learn.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, but barring a life changing injury a QB's shelf life has done nothing but go up. Kaep at 32 is not that old at all for a QB. Can he be as good as he was? I'd say it is probable to high, could he be better than he was given the opportunity? Maybe.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Ya, but barring a life changing injury a QB's shelf life has done nothing but go up. Kaep at 32 is not that old at all for a QB. Can he be as good as he was? I'd say it is probable to high, could he be better than he was given the opportunity? Maybe.

It's gone up in some guys. But Brady's numbers and performance have been declining the last few years so he hasn't exactly been "age defying". Guys like Brees/Big Ben been getting hurt more often of late. Rivers' play has declined the last couple of years.

I agree 32 isn't old, it's just having zero NFL level of involvement for 3 years now. This is probably the worst year ever to "come back" if someone signed him, too. No real offseason to learn an offense or have NFL level practices. Maybe if some team let him get a full year to try and get himself back up to speed and his physical skills actually haven't declined at all, but I'm still skeptical. Just haven't seen any QB at any age be out of the league for an extended period of time and come back with any real success.

Fadaar

That guy
Frankly coming back 3 years out of the league isn't going to make or dispel anything regarding his level of play from when he left. It's also why it's purely a PR stunt if anyone signs him. Has any guy had any real success even with a full year out of the league? Holding a clipboard does not count as real success, either.

uhhh... Vick?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

uhhh... Vick?

Okay I guess that is sort of an example. Even then, was only two years, came back at age 29...and, probably most importantly, he got to chill for a year holding a clipboard. Had 1 good season at age 30, and that was probably his last "good" year.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Whats the go to for online nfl bets? I dont want sites you have heard of but actual sites you have bet at and more importantly been paid when you won.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I just don't believe Kap is being honest about wanting to play. He gets too much mileage from blaming the owners. And Kap was the one who sabotaged the last tryout.

Besides, it is very doubtful he is in anything resembling game shape. Been out too long. And he's a mediocre passer, defenses figured out that the way to keep Kap down was to make him throw. Russell Wilson is amazing, so is Mahomes. But they are great passers, running just makes them better. Kap aint that guy, never will be and he knows it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I just would like for the NFL to publicly get him a job or him make excuses. As long as the NFL comes off looking good, I don't care which way it goes.

Sterling

El Presidente
dolphins have houston's 1st and 2nd this season so i'm all about them imploding and going 3-13.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users