NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Andrew Luck was my favorite. Seems like he managed to get a mic to pick him up saying the F word at least once a game.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Definitely hurts the whole "home field advantage", though, other than maybe Denver playing at altitude. Fans getting loud on opposing 3rd downs is such a big part of the game.

I can't find the article now, but Freakanomics did a sports series and covered this topic. Turns out crowd noise in NFL stadiums doesn't effect the players hardly at all. It does affect the refs and how they call the game though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

really makes it a no brainer to what I was talking about earlier. Get him on a team where he can compete to be the starter

• 3Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't find the article now, but Freakanomics did a sports series and covered this topic. Turns out crowd noise in NFL stadiums doesn't effect the players hardly at all. It does affect the refs and how they call the game though.

This is after teams are spending a ton of times doing silent counts, etc. I'd be curious to find out how they measured it "not affecting the players hardly at all", though. Too often see offenses scrambling to get out audible calls and all the false starts on big 3rd downs.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

really makes it a no brainer to what I was talking about earlier. Get him on a team where he can compete to be the starter

After 3 years out of the league? It's just not realistic at all in my opinion. If we're ruling out teams that still have a "young" QB that they drafted to potentially be their guy in the last couple years, the only two options that make sense in the slightest are Chicago (assuming Foles really was a flash in the pan and Trubinsky still sucks), and Jacksonville (Minshew Mania). Maybe you could add Denver to this list, but after promising results end of last year, even that might be out.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Al Sharpton is a worthless piece of shit. How exactly does he think Goodell is going to give Kap a job? Force a team to sign him to a contract that he isn't worth?

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Al Sharpton is a worthless piece of shit. How exactly does he think Goodell is going to give Kap a job? Force a team to sign him to a contract that he isn't worth?

Of course, and why not? Al Sharpton has successfully been shaking people down with his racism game for over 3 decades. It's all he's got. Kaep is feces and his game isn't much better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After 3 years out of the league? It's just not realistic at all in my opinion. If we're ruling out teams that still have a "young" QB that they drafted to potentially be their guy in the last couple years, the only two options that make sense in the slightest are Chicago (assuming Foles really was a flash in the pan and Trubinsky still sucks), and Jacksonville (Minshew Mania). Maybe you could add Denver to this list, but after promising results end of last year, even that might be out.

Patriots is a spot where I could see it potentially happening

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure I'd like to see Kaep come back to an affirmative action job and then fail at it which I think is the most likely scenario. If he did it on the Patriots so much the better. For the record, I never had a problem with the kneeling. I wanted him off the 9ers because he wasn't a good quarterback.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
kap coming back is a quick way for the NFL to quell some of this BLM shit. I think it happens, and he will be pretty bad.

Not only that, but defenders will hunt for him.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Which team would truly be stupid enough to bring Kaep back. Guy didnt leave being a baller. Has been out the league 3-4 years. Wants way more then hes worth. Comes with the headache of having to deal with an activist > player. On top of all that if he even got the chance to start or even play good luck dealing with the back lash of benching him if he sucks...or the back lash for not letting him play. Every situation is a variation of shit. Good luck to the team stupid enough to take on that cross.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Which team would truly be stupid enough to bring Kaep back. Guy didnt leave being a baller. Has been out the league 3-4 years. Wants way more then hes worth. Comes with the headache of having to deal with an activist > player. On top of all that if he even got the chance to start or even play good luck dealing with the back lash of benching him if he sucks...or the back lash for not letting him play. Every situation is a variation of shit. Good luck to the team stupid enough to take on that cross.

Which coach would put up with it? Which GM? Forced to take garbage QB, then fired later because he sucked...like everyone knew from the very beginning? No one in their right mind would take him. Not Gruden, Petey, Flores, Tomlin, Payton or any other coach with long-term status either. In a league where every player on a squad has value, and every win may be meaningful, who wants to risk their Super bowl chances on a guy that was never very good? It sure as hell isn't Belichick. He wants to prove it was his coaching that got them rings but he takes Kaep? No, he's smarter than that.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Which is the reason he was out of the league in the 1st place. It had fuck all to do with his kneeling, but the drama that came with an average to below average QB. Shit, Shanahan is probably one of the more "woke" head coaches out there, and he had a sit down with Kap when he first came to the 49ers and essentially told him "bye Felicia". He saw Kap's limitations as a QB and knew there was no point even trying to keep him.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Kap has 0 desire to play football. He's just using this as publicity and avenues for sponsorship by claiming "oppression".

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users