NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Great moral courage here, giving up pirating to make a stand. I'm sure every year you had constantly changing but super valid reasons for pirating due to the evil NFL. I'm sure the NFL will greatly miss your $0 and no ad revenue.
Not really. I was "out of market" for 49er games during '13-'16 seasons and there was no way I was paying the exorbitant prices the NFL charges for Sunday Ticket. Then the whole kneeling shit started. So, when I moved back "in market" for 49er games, I continued to not give ad revenue to the NFL(although, I usually watched Sunday Night games live).

Either way, I don't have to justify or rationalize shit to you. You're absolutely right, the NFL won't miss my dollars. They probably also won't miss your dollars. Eventually though? They're going to start missing dollars.

Hey 49'ers fans, remember when your team benched a vastly superior QB/American in Alex Smith for this anti-American sack of shit and then lost the Super Bowl because of it? I do.

As much as I hate that negroid, there is absolutely no way we win that game with Smith behind center. Krapernick was absolutely not responsible for that loss. Questionable refereeing, our defense deciding to suddenly shit the bed(thanks, Brock!), and horrible playcalling by Greg Roman were responsible for that shitshow.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Remember when Smith (an actual good QB who also doesn't hate America) was revitalizing KC into a playoff team with Andy Reid while Kaepernick (who is racist and hates America) was backing up Blaine Gabbert? I do.

• 5Worf
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember when Smith (an actual good QB who also doesn't hate America) was revitalizing KC into a playoff team with Andy Reid while Kaepernick (who is racist and hates America) was backing up Blaine Gabbert? I do.

I remember when Smith had Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, and Kareem Hunt during those "revitalizing KC into a playoff team" years. Managed to go 1-4 in the playoffs from 2013-2017 with the only win coming against the Texans when Brian Hoyer threw 4 Int and lost a fumble.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I totally agree with the sentiment of just fast forwarding through commercials and half-time and muting the commentary and just ignoring the virtue signalling on uniforms if you don't like racist, anti-American social justice messaging. Also, just drive around protests blocking streets. And just get a new job when you're passed up for a promotion. And learn to not have opinions on social media or family gatherings. And serves you right for putting on a shirt or putting up a flag or sign in the yard. And just shrug when your kid comes home from school questioning their gender and saying being white is inherently racist and the country was founded in 1619 on slavery. And for fuck sake don't talk about any of it in the NFL thread even when it's directly related to the league! You know, if you just learn to be a spineless, oblivious coward and keep your mouth shut (like white people are being told to do) and stop thinking too much about what it all means for the future of our country or even just the NFL, why shucks if you do all that then watching the NFL can still be just fine.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well shit. As much as I love Mostert and was looking forward to seeing what he could do this year with the 49ers, I hope they don't give in to his demands, and just trade him. First off he just signed an extension. Secondly, I don't think he will excel in another system like he does with Shanahan.

Merrith

Well shit. As much as I love Mostert and was looking forward to seeing what he could do this year with the 49ers, I hope they don't give in to his demands, and just trade him. First off he just signed an extension. Secondly, I don't think he will excel in another system like he does with Shanahan.

I get it, Kyle Shanahan is going to give Coleman and Mackinnon (assuming he's finally healthy again) more touches than Mostert would want, even with Breida gone to Miami. Frankly I think Mostert is the best actual hand it off to him 20 times a game and let him go guy they have...they just don't use their backs that way and do committee.

Berry: 100 facts for the 2020 fantasy football season

"Running Back A" is an absolute fantasy football scoring machine, the second-best RB in the NFL in rushes per touchdown. His 12 rushing touchdowns in his final nine games last season led the NFL during that span and he was second in rushing yards, scoring more fantasy points than even Christian McCaffrey. A big play waiting to happen, he led all RBs (minimum 100 carries) in percentage of rushes that went for five-plus yards and 10-plus yards last season. He ran behind a great offensive line (he was second among RBs in yards per rush before first contact) and he was tough to bring down when you finally got to him (he was top 10 among RBs in yards per rush after first contact). He's the starting running back on one of the best running teams in the NFL, a squad that is top five in the league in both rush percentage and red zone rush percentage, so it's exciting to think about how much he'll get fed since he was fourth best among RBs (minimum 100 carries) in fantasy points per touch. Running Back A is sure to be a centerpiece on many fantasy championship teams this season.

"Running Back B" was third on his own team last season in red zone carries and is more of a career special-teams player than fantasy asset at running back. At best a situational player, he had only three games last season with more than 12 touches, and in 16 games last season he had just six goal-to-go carries (compared to 21 for the other running backs on his team), showing that his team had a lack of faith in him near the goal line. Speaking of those other running backs, our guy is on the wrong side of a committee situation, as there were two other RBs on his team last season who averaged more carries per game and three other running backs on his team who had more receptions. And that's despite the fact that Running Back B was the only RB on his team to play all 16 games last season. He was nonexistent in the passing game (just 1.4 targets per game, and he had zero or one catch in 12 of 16 games) and is now 28 years old. His own team wouldn't even commit to him on the field last season, so why should you?

Both RB A and RB B are Mostert.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd gladly give up a 4th/5th and a new contract if I had control of the Steelers for a RB getting 5.8 ypc, and Pittsburgh runs a similar kind of offense. Just dont trust Conner to stay healthy or be the primary workhorse kind of back.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

I'd gladly give up a 4th/5th and a new contract if I had control of the Steelers for a RB getting 5.8 ypc, and Pittsburgh runs a similar kind of offense. Just dont trust Conner to stay healthy or be the primary workhorse kind of back.

Frankly half the league should be calling with offers for Mostert. I think he thrives behind any decent O line.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I totally agree with the sentiment of just fast forwarding through commercials and half-time and muting the commentary and just ignoring the virtue signalling on uniforms if you don't like racist, anti-American social justice messaging. Also, just drive around protests blocking streets. And just get a new job when you're passed up for a promotion. And learn to not have opinions on social media or family gatherings. And serves you right for putting on a shirt or putting up a flag or sign in the yard. And just shrug when your kid comes home from school questioning their gender and saying being white is inherently racist and the country was founded in 1619 on slavery. And for fuck sake don't talk about any of it in the NFL thread even when it's directly related to the league! You know, if you just learn to be a spineless, oblivious coward and keep your mouth shut (like white people are being told to do) and stop thinking too much about what it all means for the future of our country or even just the NFL, why shucks if you do all that then watching the NFL can still be just fine.

I am also not going to vote in November....
I bet the gets your blood just boiling.

Lol promotions. I work for myself and will never get a promotion in my life if things work out as planned.

Good rant, btw did you assume I was American? I am not.

• 1Barf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

Lol promotions. I work for myself and will never get a promotion in my life if things work out as planned.

Great post!

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Just because you aren’t American doesn’t mean you can’t vote. Just contact the DNC and they will be happy to register you to vote in a blue county of your choice.

• 8Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Why are you responding like I quoted you? I didn't, so don't directly know or care about your position on any of this specifically, even though it may add to the idiocy and cowardice generally. Nor do I care whether you'll be voting in November, but I do care that you aren't American because you seem particularly uniformed and apathetic, even for a homosexual, and I assume we wouldn't aligned politically, and that matters these days more than ever. So maybe I do care that you don't vote. Thanks!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

• 1Seriously?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Hard to imagine a more blander and uninspiring name than "Warriors".

Well, maybe Wildcats.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
He should rename the team to Washington Gorillas.

Strong, proud, unique -- its the perfect new name for Washington football.

They can replace the tomahawk chop or whatever their gimmick is with chest beating and roaring.

Heres your Logo

1594256260781.png

Mascot's name is Harambe

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Touchdown
Reactions: 7 users