NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I get it, Kyle Shanahan is going to give Coleman and Mackinnon (assuming he's finally healthy again) more touches than Mostert would want, even with Breida gone to Miami. Frankly I think Mostert is the best actual hand it off to him 20 times a game and let him go guy they have...they just don't use their backs that way and do committee.

Berry: 100 facts for the 2020 fantasy football season

Both RB A and RB B are Mostert.
Yeah I 100% get it, and I was excited at the thought of Mostert having a potentially huge year. Maybe they figure something out still, but I doubt it. I have faith that Shanahan can get plenty of production out of McKinnon (assuming health), Coleman, Wilson, and a couple other rookie undrafted agents they grabbed. I just don't see the RB position being something they should spend anymore money on.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
He should rename the team to Washington Gorillas.

Strong, proud, unique -- its the perfect new name for Washington football.

They can replace the tomahawk chop or whatever their gimmick is with chest beating and roaring.

Heres your Logo

View attachment 283994

Don't associate Harambe with that terrible team.

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I remember when Smith had Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, and Kareem Hunt during those "revitalizing KC into a playoff team" years. Managed to go 1-4 in the playoffs from 2013-2017 with the only win coming against the Texans when Brian Hoyer threw 4 Int and lost a fumble.

It's not Smith's fault Reid wouldn't let him play both ways so his team wouldn't blow the fucking 28 point lead he established against the Colts in the playoffs.

-edit-
Also, Dwayne Bowe makes that list?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Interesting, I had read that "Warriors" was the early leader for the new name which probably could have let them keep the imagery/logo.

That's not how this works. You don't get to keep Native imagery after being in the crosshairs and labelled a racist. You don't get to buy peace with some small gesture of wokeness or with an offering. Or did you think these outrage brigades are a bunch of lifelong sports fans concerned about racism in sports team names?

They don't hate the name, they hate everything a rich white man owning a business in a league with a bunch of other rich white man and the power and freedom they have because of it.

Maybe it means the team wants to honor Wounded Warriors from nearby Walter Reed National Military Medical Center before home games while retaining some form of Native American imagery on team uniforms. The first concept is righteous — and the second is racist.

People might misconstrue the word warrior or remember the previous logo , therefore rrrrrrracist!

Or worse:
But let’s say, for the sake of argument, that the team jettisons all Native American imagery and still chooses Warriors. Sorry, that won’t work either: Some Washington fans would see it as an invitation to continue dressing up as play Indians — more white guys in war paint.

White people might dress up! Tear it all down!

Sorry, anything done to retain history or freedom or control is bad. You have to let the angry mobs dictate what is acceptable. But do you think they actually care about the sport? Is that their motivation? Just a bunch of long time sports fans trying to improve football? Nah, they don't care about the sport, they just hate everything about this country and freedom and anything even perceived as whiteness.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'll be glad when this Redskin crap is over but it does leave a sour taste in my mouth knowing it is basically being done by blackmail. That's not real change in the slightest. It's just a bigger group bullying another.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
if Desean doesn’t have enough sense to know sharing a quote that starts with “Hitler said..“ and ends with “Hitler was right..” is probably a bad idea, he’s one stupid man. Like next level dumb.

This isn't news.

Hey 49'ers fans, remember when your team benched a vastly superior QB/American in Alex Smith for this anti-American sack of shit and then lost the Super Bowl because of it? I do.

Revisionist history. Big picture Smith was the better quarterback but Kaepernick tore up the playoffs that year. Alex Smith never tore anything up except his own knee that one time.

Well shit. As much as I love Mostert and was looking forward to seeing what he could do this year with the 49ers, I hope they don't give in to his demands, and just trade him. First off he just signed an extension. Secondly, I don't think he will excel in another system like he does with Shanahan.

He is smart to look for a trade if he's hoping to cash in on his great season last year. It doesn't matter who is the running back in Shanahan's offense and Shanahan knows it. No way they're giving Mostert a big contract even if they weren't up against the cap which they are.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not Smith's fault Reid wouldn't let him play both ways so his team wouldn't blow the fucking 28 point lead he established against the Colts in the playoffs.

-edit-
Also, Dwayne Bowe makes that list?

Results matter, and that Colts game was just one of the losses. Not like that Niners' D was shutting teams out their Super Bowl year, either. 24+ points in all 3 playoff games. Franky I'm not sure Smith would have beaten Green Bay that year.

Perhaps Bowe shouldn't be on on the list since he was past his prime by the time Smith got there, although he did have a 4 year stretch just prior where he topped 1,000 yards 3 out of the 4 years (with the only non 1k season included him missing 5 games and only started 9 out of 11 he played in) and had 15 TD catches one of those seasons (legit crazy stat for that one year).

Then again, when you look at who Gabbert and Kaepernick were throwing to by their last season in San Fran, Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton...yeah I think Bowe can still be on the list.

Shit just looking at the Niners roster in 2016 it's crazy how many guys from that stretch under Harbaugh retired and how quickly they've rebuilt that team with a few good drafts. They might have had another great 1st round this year with Kinlaw and Aiyuk, too.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
He put up 44 fucking points in that Colts game. 378 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs. He also rushed for 57 yards. I wanted to throw my TV into the Great Salt Lake after watching that game. Nobody try to blame that loss on my boy.

Anyway, I hope people know my tongue is in my cheek for most of these posts. I think this forum knows at this point after what has to have been a hundred obnoxious posts by me that the only thing that would shake my blind fanboy homerism for Alex Smith is if he grew a fro, started kneeling for the anthem, and then joined Antifa.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

He put up 44 fucking points in that Colts game. 378 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs. He also rushed for 57 yards. I wanted to throw my TV into the Great Salt Lake after watching that game. Nobody try to blame that loss on my boy.

Anyway, I hope people know my tongue is in my cheek for most of these posts. I think this forum knows at this point after what has to have been a hundred obnoxious posts by me that the only thing that would shake my blind fanboy homerism for Alex Smith is if he grew a fro, started kneeling for the anthem, and then joined Antifa.

I mean clearly, it was one of the great choke jobs in history. I'm not sure if the play-calling is as much to blame as maybe Kyle Shanhan's was in the infamous 28-3 Super Bowl fiasco...but their D obviously dropped the ball.

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Alex is a saint. That blown lead was a prime example of Bob Sutton's inability to make adjustments during a game.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I wonder if there are odds on who plays another NFL down first between Smith and Kaepernick.

• 2Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
I wonder if there are odds on who plays another NFL down first between Smith and Kaepernick.

Sadly we all know who the better story would be if he did.

Anyone who watched that ESPN thing on smith? Even if you hate him you still pull for that guy. All that he would overcome to make it? That’s a better story than the other guy.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Shit just looking at the Niners roster in 2016 it's crazy how many guys from that stretch under Harbaugh retired and how quickly they've rebuilt that team with a few good drafts. They might have had another great 1st round this year with Kinlaw and Aiyuk, too.
Just imagine if the 49ers would have taken Jamal Adams instead of Soloman Thomas, like many people were hoping. I am way too lazy to go back and find it, but I remember posting that I wasn't thrilled about the Thomas pick and just didn't see the huge upside in him everyone was talking about. Dude had one huge game towards the end of his college career that vaulted him up the draft boards.

Merrith

Just imagine if the 49ers would have taken Jamal Adams instead of Soloman Thomas, like many people were hoping. I am way too lazy to go back and find it, but I remember posting that I wasn't thrilled about the Thomas pick and just didn't see the huge upside in him everyone was talking about. Dude had one huge game towards the end of his college career that vaulted him up the draft boards.

This is how I feel about the Redskins with Derwin James (we took Daron Payne instead, when we had Ioaniddis and Jonathan Allen already, and we drafted Chase Young this year). I still think Thomas can be a decent contributor for you guys, but yeah that was one a whiff as high as you got him. Although considering you got the Bears to give you extra draft capital to move up 1 spot for Trubinsky...not a total loss.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Sadly we all know who the better story would be if he did.

Anyone who watched that ESPN thing on smith? Even if you hate him you still pull for that guy. All that he would overcome to make it? That’s a better story than the other guy.

Mad respect for Smith after watching that shit. Injury and the infection shit was just gruesome. It would be a great story for him to come back, but I don't want him to be a factor in the Redskins QB room other than as a teacher going forward.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like the XFL was Smith's best chance to actually play professionally again. That serious of an injury and that long of a layoff at his age, no way he plays for an NFL team again unless it's a few pity plays.

• 1Like

Merrith

I feel like the XFL was Smith's best chance to actually play professionally again. That serious of an injury and that long of a layoff at his age, no way he plays for an NFL team again unless it's a few pity plays.

I do wonder when we'll finally see a wave of retirements that will open up some more QB spots around the league. Brady/Brees/Roethlisberger/Rivers all up there.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Man... I didnt know the nation of islam was so prevalent with pro athletes. Amazing mental gymnastics gymnastics going on with some of these dudes.

• 2Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users