NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Labeling him a RB is sorta insulting when you look at what he does on the field.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Perhaps the only RB worth the money since he does so much. Still a lot to dole out for an unreliable position.

This is stupid. He has 2 years left on his rookie deal. I think that is to much as well. He is 23 how ever so they will likely get a couple years of high production. Almost no way they get 6 years worth of 12m+ production value.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is stupid. He has 2 years left on his rookie deal. I think that is to much as well. He is 23 how ever so they will likely get a couple years of high production. Almost no way they get 6 years worth of 12m+ production value.

In some ways, it makes sense. In two years, he's still going to be super productive, barring injury. He'd still be looking for the same level of contract so they'd either have to pay or cut loose and at that point it'd probably be hard to cut loose, both in terms of competitiveness and fanbase reaction). Now, when he comes up for a new contract, they can string him along with franchises and part ways when he's 28-29.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The more I think about the McCaffrey deal the more I think it was a good move. Easily the best player on the team, would be a better WR than most teams have, and also a better RB. You are really paying 2 people in what you get out of him. It won't last forever but they are getting the best years out of him hands down.

EDIT They are also not tied to a $30+ QB right now.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
My favorite 30 for 30 was "Broke" about athletes that have lost all of their money. I always wondered how they manage to blow through their cash so quickly but after watching that it makes a lot of sense and I really sort of felt bad for them. Of course the biggest loser on that episode was Curt Schilling but I felt less bad for him because he hubristically thought that he could run a large tech company with absolutely no education or experience. Throwing a ball fast does not prepare you for that in any way and he should have known better.
I was a ballboy for the Phoenix Suns when Richard Dumas was playing here. Dude was all fucked up. Years later I saw him at LA Fitness as the counter guy. Must have spent all his money on the nose powder. Everyone knew he was retarded though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I just thought this was a really cool picture

Explain what we're looking at. All I can see is that it's Coach Walsh talking to Jeff Garcia with Eric Davis and someone else in the background. It just looks like an old picture, what was shooped?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Explain what we're looking at. All I can see is that it's Coach Walsh talking to Jeff Garcia with Eric Davis and someone else in the background. It just looks like an old picture, what was shooped?
I feel like you're trolling me...

It's Walsh talking to Shanahan

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I was a ballboy for the Phoenix Suns when Richard Dumas was playing here. Dude was all fucked up. Years later I saw him at LA Fitness as the counter guy. Must have spent all his money on the nose powder. Everyone knew he was retarded though.
That dude was a sad story. He probably could have been great if his head was in the game.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

When I lived in the East Bay I used to occasionally see Bubba Paris (O-linemen for the 49ers during 3 of the Joe Montana superbowls) sitting at a folding table at a grocery store by himself signing autographs for $20. It was sad because there was usually no one at the table and he had signs to explain who he was to the young folks. I remembered him but never wanted to pay $20 for an autograph.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

This dude may be the exception where I think a RB is worth the money. This dude is on another level.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
This dude may be the exception where I think a RB is worth the money. This dude is on another level.
We will see. I cannot think of any RB in recent memory that had 5-7 years of really high level play.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
McCaffrey knows he won't get a fat deal like Gurley did at the age he did so he took the big payday two years early. It's a great move for both him and the Panthers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Personally I think RB contracts should be the opposite of everyone else. Their contracts should be front loaded and taper off as they age.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
We will see. I cannot think of any RB in recent memory that had 5-7 years of really high level play.

Normally I agree but his stats were still outrageous even with a backup QB all year. Teams knew he was the only real threat and he still produced.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Normally I agree but his stats were still outrageous even with a backup QB all year. Teams knew he was the only real threat and he still produced.
That's partly due to their Oline which has changed as they traded away a pro bowler to the Chargers this off season. I have no doubt he will have another good season or two but 4-6 16M a year seasons? Not a chance.

• 1Like