NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Rude

Potato del Grande
Too bad Kung Flu fucked the XFL. Having some form of alternative to the garbage the NFL has eroded into would be great.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

TLDR all the minority owners want out.

It would be great if all of this would clue Snyder in to him being a complete shitbag and he'd sell to a more worthy owner.

• 4Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
@Colin if you didn’t want a job this season you could have just said so.

Owners are paying lip service to this wave of BLM white guilt shit in the media, but I still don't think anybody is willing to take that kind of a risk with their franchise. Dude at his best was mediocre, only some team like the Ravens would do something so dumb. Baltimore is a piece of shit city anyways so I guess it would be fitting for him to end up there. I hope that Minneapolis cop who set off this firestorm gets ass pounded in prison daily.

Nike can fuck off too in their inequality ivory tower while they have 9 year old Vietnamese kids making their shoes in sweatshops.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't really give a shit what they change the name to for the most part. However, if they decide to pander and change to Redtails I'm out for good.

Merrith

Mahomes 10 year deal. Don't think money is released yet. Welp.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Crazy thing is...in 5 or 6 years (assuming no injuries or career dip), that contract could end up a bargain. Kirk Cousins sitting somewhere like "I would have gotten some dumb team to pay me 3 fully guaranteed contracts increasing by 10% each time over that long".

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
10 years is a great deal for the team. Not as good for Mahomes unless the salary cap really declines and is fully guaranteed.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good for Pat. Great for the Chiefs. They got the best of the generation locked up for his career. Grats.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I don't know how that is really going to work. I wonder if they somehow managed to negotiate a certain % of the cap for each year? Not even sure if that is possible or allowed though.

Going to be very interesting to see the numbers

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
@10 years, you would expect he represents 'x" percentage against the salary cap, with other language that would benefit him if the cap doesn't move enough per year.

Yeah I don't know how that is really going to work. I wonder if they somehow managed to negotiate a certain % of the cap for each year? Not even sure if that is possible or allowed though.

I don't see how it could not be ok. Even if it wasn't it would be easy enough to get around it with other language that results in the same thing.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I honestly don't see how the NFL has any semblance of a regular season this year. Obviously Covid is still going to be around when the year is supposed to start, and there is absolutely no way these guys aren't going to get it. Even if these guys get it and are asymptomatic, they will be forced into quarantine and be out for a minimum of 2 weeks. As soon as anyone tests positive for it there will be a mass overreaction, even though 99% of NFL players are more than likely to recover from it in little to no time.

I just don't see how this season is really going to work. Just imagine someone like the Chiefs losing Mahomes for a month because he comes down with it, and doesn't test negative again for 4+ weeks.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looking at the salary cap for this year, I would say Mahomes will get somewhere between 20-25% which would be roughly 40-50 million. That could be high tho, but his agents should have been targeting something along those lines

Merrith

They're saying over $400M total. Wonder how much over. $400M flat would be 40 a year, which right now is big, but Dak might end up topping that next year while Mahomes will be locked in at that number for the next 10 years.

• 1Dislike

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Compensation update: Patrick Mahomes’ 10-year extension is worth $450 million, sources tell ESPN. The injury guarantee is $140 million, per source. The contract does not contain language that ties its value to a percentage of the salary cap. Richest deal in sports’ history.

• 1Like