NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Wow you got me. Hospitalized for 2 days and voluntarily walked out of the hospital. Let me tell you how afraid these athletes should be.....

you seem to be running out of arguments. You wanted me to " Name ONE that even ended up hospitalized ". I delivered. Checkmate.

oh no, a 2nd one

Kaines

Potato Supreme
you seem to be running out of arguments. You wanted me to " Name ONE that even ended up hospitalized ". I delivered. Checkmate.
Wrong bucko. You delivered what I asked and further proved the point that athletes have nothing to worry about other than “feeling sick”. And proves you’re still a moron.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Well....I am getting less and less hopeful we will get any meaningful football. Watching baseball was disappointing with all the BLM stuff in the stadiums. The NFL is going this same route....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Wrong bucko. You delivered what I asked and further proved the point that athletes have nothing to worry about other than “feeling sick”. And proves you’re still a moron.

you capitalizing the word ONE indicated that you believed that none were hospitalized, and lets no forget the word "even" which clearly emphasizes it. Because believing that pro athletes were in fact hospitalized because of the virus and yet challenging me to find on case would have been such a silly thing to do.

• 1Moron
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Wow you got me. Hospitalized for 2 days and voluntarily walked out of the hospital. Let me tell you how afraid these athletes should be.....

And so concerned he had the 'Rona they just told him to practice social distancing and mailed him a positive result a couple weeks later. Very scary stuff. They seemed very concerned he would drop dead instantly or kill everyone in the NFL.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I would imagine for some of the players, it isn't about them getting the covid, but more about being quarantined away for the season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
you capitalizing the word ONE indicated that you believed that none were hospitalized, and lets no forget the word "even" which clearly emphasizes it. Because believing that pro athletes were in fact hospitalized because of the virus and yet challenging me to find on case would have been such a silly thing to do.

Was he hospitalized due to Covid, or just with Covid? I don't think pneumonia deaths are even counted as flu deaths when the flu seems the initial cause, but with Covid suddenly everything is counted as Covid. Is that because of a broader political and social narrative?

I know it's fun to play semantics and be technically right, but the point is still whether we needed the entire (Western) world to shut down, and for this long.

Specifically, with the NFL's resources and time to prepare and players being low risk, could they just have a normal season if there wasn't panic over positive tests even when the risk is minimal? I understand the sports that were already under way pausing until shit was figured out, but at what point do we have enough understanding to manage risks, and allow individuals and organizations to do that instead of government mandates? With the hysteria and panic, we're looking at, what, waiting for a vacine? That could still be never. Or waiting for it to just disappear like Trump got mocked for saying which is what ends up happening with most deadly viruses.

Are sports and business and everything else being cancelled due to political and social hysteria, or because this pandemic is actually as deadly as portrayed to the whole of society in general, much less athletes in a sport with ample resources and health care for its players.

This argument could at least be framed as threat posed to staff or fat coaches, so why is the media fixating on a narrative that even athletes are at great risk? Seems to me there is an agenda to keep sports shit down, and that's the best tactic to do it. Because of sports went on with precautions for individuals the plane may wonder why that wasn't the approach for their business or state too. And of course enough players seem fine with getting paid to not play, and they're both the commodity and the loudest voices, so getting them on board with how darned dangerous it is for them and shutting down a sport is no problem.

And again, is this all to protect players? Or someone please say it's to protect grandma! Or is this all to protect the politicians and media that caused panic and shut everything down and now have to keep that lie going or risk looking like idiots and hurting their credibility and power?

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I would imagine for some of the players, it isn't about them getting the covid, but more about being quarantined away for the season.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons on both sides of the argument. Some players want to play, some don't. From there people will rationalize and back-fill a "because" to fit their desire. That equation probably changes most when the question becomes whether players still get paid even if they don't play, though, not have anything to do with the actual medical risk.

The question is if any of the medical reasons make sense. Like all businesses, the NFL perhaps would have staff that would have to be protected, and some hardship quarantining from specific members of family, perhaps. But was shutting it all down necessary to protect the few? Again, early on it was smart to pause to figure it all out. But without media and political caused panic there would absolutely be sports right now, just with some added measures mostly for fans and staff.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I would hope all players would feel a responsibility to their teammates to do whatever they could to avoid being quarantined in order to be available to help their team win. But that has very little to do with “health and safety” and more to do with feelings of guilt for not being able to help your team win.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I liked them for the 20+ years I lived there and spent quite a few sundays drunk watching them, but I didnt build my core identity around them so kicking to the curb them and all major league sports that cucked is not a big deal for me.

Heres my last football related post on FOH ever. If Mahomes went to the Bears, they probably would have ruined him too. 3000/20/20
I like poking the bear here with Brosyar a lot, but the fact is he is being a true midwestern fan here while also the typical russian brag about how bad they had it (also shared by is krauts in wisconsin) rolled into one here. Central division fans tend to be big on gallows humor and realistic expectations, maybe aside from Vikings fans. We know our team's failings and we sit through the shit years for the couple where we manage to beat expectations. But we are not delusional about the reality of the teams we root for. This is why I know that the Packers are pretty much destined to be the losers of the NFC champion ship every year until Rogers finally gives up (just like Favre's career after an early win) and that after 30+ years of HOF QB play with only two rings to show for it, we will join the vast piles of teams forever in search of a new QB and stringing together a sting of 8-8 seasons that a Jeff Fischer Coached Dolphin Team would be envious of. We went through that shit before for almost two decades, with Randy Wright, Lynn Dickey, and the Majik Man. Our most memorable moment was the instant replay game against the Bears.

I do think he likes the Bears more than he implies here, but I also think he is very spot on about their level of play for the last couple decades. Pretty much most normal Black and Blue division fans are like this. We wear our colors, take our lumps, but don't get overly optimistic. Our division is full of failed opportunities and living far below expectations.

• 1Like

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Player health and safety??? Name the peak condition under-40 pro athlete that has died from Corona. Go ahead. I’ll wait. Name ONE that even ended up hospitalized. From what we know about this these guys are the LAST people who will suffer severe effects from this disease. You fucking moron.

Not hospitalized, but dealing with complications that can jeopardize his future. There are definitely players who have underlying conditions that can make them high risk should they catch it (or have close family members who they aren't willing to go for months without seeing). I see no problem with them choosing to sit out if they think it is what's best for them and their families.

• 2Like

oh no, a 2nd one

Bubbles , maybe I can help. Originally, you were just dealing with how people, teams, players, etc., are going to react, and have reacted. You are not justifying it, you are not defending it, you are just saying, "this is how it is."

But you are arguing with someone who is arguing for what "should" be happening. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride, I say.

Kaines derailed you when he got you to debate real health effects. But real health effects are irrelevant when we are talking about a situation where most persons involved, including fans, and society at large, are in this mode:
fcoWqKC.gif

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Bubbles , maybe I can help. You are just dealing with how people, teams, players, etc., are going to react, and have reacted. You are not justifying it, you are not defending it, you are just saying, "this is how it is."

But you are arguing with someone who is arguing for what "should" be happening. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride, I say.

Kaines derailed you when he got you to debate real health effects. But real health effects are irrelevant when we are talking about a situation where most persons involved, including fans, and society at large, are in this mode:
View attachment 288645
The only argument against me is to deny reality and facts and go with feels

VICTORY LAP

• 1Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Not hospitalized, but dealing with complications that can jeopardize his future. There are definitely players who have underlying conditions that can make them high risk should they catch it (or have close family members who they aren't willing to go for months without seeing). I see no problem with them choosing to sit out if they think it is what's best for them and their families.

Sure, people should be able to sit out for medical reasons. Like any business or event or function, we should have the few who need special protection get it on an individual level, not by widespread mandates and overreactions. I think the question is should the entire season be cancelled or sport be altered because of the few people at actual risk. I say no. Just like I say states shouldn't have shut down, businesses forced to close, schools cancelled, etc. The few who needed to take extra precautions should have been encouraged and supported in doing that, not these over reactions and drastic measures.

People wanting to play the gotcha game with individual stories are missing the broader picture.

Or just cancel the NFL because of concussions, which are probably still a higher risk to players than Covid.

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Please do not quote or engage Bubbles in any sports threads. He is a weaboo America-hating faggot, and he doesn’t belong in this section of the board.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sure, people should be able to sit out for medical reasons. Like any business or event or function, we should have the few who need special protection get it on an individual level, not by widespread mandates and overreactions. I think the question is should the entire season be cancelled or sport be altered because of the few people at actual risk. I say no. Just like I say states shouldn't have shut down, businesses forced to close, schools cancelled, etc. The few who needed to take extra precautions should have been encouraged and supported in doing that, not these over reactions and drastic measures.

People wanting to play the gotcha game with individual stories are missing the broader picture.

Or just cancel the NFL because of concussions, which are probably still a higher risk to players than Covid.
The reason things had to shut down is because hospitals would have become overrun with the critically sick (it's still happening even with shut downs). This puts not only critical covid patients at risk, but literally any other type of seriously injured/sick person because there is no way to treat that many people at once.

• 1NPC

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Personally, I think they should postpone the NFL until 2021 or maybe later. Every team has at least 16-18 fat asses that are at an extreme risk for getting complications from Rona. If I was a player at risk, I'd want to stay home too. In dangerous times like this, where even Walmart demands masks, I think our athletes should expect more too. We need to look out for our athletes and I know I have the support of Kaepernick, Sherman, and the no names who straddle them during the off-season. The NFL should guarantee at least 25% of all athletes salaries no matter what they do. It would show that Black Lives really do MATTER.

NFL comes back in 2022-23! Let's go!

• 2Worf

Fadaar

That guy
fuck you my new QB only has a limited amount of time left

play you pussies

like i said in the NHL thread, every player better test 'negative' once the season starts

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
23 players have opted out of this season. 6 of the 23 are patriots. Give belichick a high pick.

• 2Like