NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its crazy. Pat wins MVP = #4. Lamar wins MVP = #1? Every GM in the league would pick Mahomes number 1 if they could.

I will say I think Mahomes should be #1, #2 at worst if they really wanted to weigh Lamar's regular season last year. The year Mahomes won MVP didn't Donald have 20 sacks that year? As an interior D lineman? I could understand the players going nuts over that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Almost every top X list is stupid as fuck

Not only stupid as fuck... and I know this is going to be a shock to hear, have no bearing on the season at all. These lists are created to give idiots like Stephen A, Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe a job

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
4cda339.png

13e2404.png

Like he needed more motivation.

Antonio Brown suspended 8 games.

I truly do not get it. If I had "problems" (and I do!) and I had money, I would get together a topgun team of therapists, physicists, neurosurgeons, professional bouncers, experts at using a tranquilizer gun, whatever, and say to them, "I have these problems. I am retarded. Your job is, make sure I do not fuck up my life, and maybe help me not be retarded." I would write the checks, sign the forms, and then I would go on with my business, freed from the burden that I am so fucking goddam retarded I can ruin my life in a heartbeat.

Like, if I had a problem with drunk driving, and I had money, I would hire a fucking 24 hour on-call driver and retard supervisor, and sign over release forms giving the driver/retard supervisor guardian rights to taze my pathetic ass if I try to drive drunk. Boom. Problem solved, back to my happy life as the Archbishop of Canterbury, or doorman at the Waldorf, or whatever is my gig that life.

I'm not satisfied with the simple answer: but that is how retarded they are. That answer is not sufficient, because too many people have to turn a blind eye. These people are walking ATM machines to entire organizations. Someone could step up. But no one does? How do these trainwrecks even happen? (I can understand Manziel, because he sucked at adult football so who cares if he pisses away his chance. I mean talented retards.)

I'd like to meet someone like an Antonio Brown, or for a real throwback, a Maurice Clarett. Why? I would want to know.

I am fairly sure I don't want to know what was going on inside Aaron Hernandez's head, though. I'll pass on having him in my fantasy psycho league.

• 2Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Brown isn't going to appeal the suspension and the 8 weeks will tick away regardless if he is on a team or not. So he could play in week 9 if there is a week 9. This suspension doesn't include the sexual assault and rape civil suit so pending on that outcome he could be looking at a lot more time.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I would imagine for some of the players, it isn't about them getting the covid, but more about being quarantined away for the season.
I mean if you can’t go get some chicken wings and tittys in your face is it even worth making millions to play a game?

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Sadre are you too old to remember Starter jackets being cool? Maybe kids at your school were into Jordans or Doc Martins or some other fashion that all the cool kids had to have?

that’s what it’s like being Antonio Brown, except you have the money to buy all the stuff. You’re always trying to be the cool kid and you do things that you think the cool kid would do. Does that make him retarded? Yeah pretty much is the short answer

long one is he’s locked in an adolescent mind with an adult body and bank account

he’s just not well rounded my dude

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Almost every top X list is stupid as fuck

Disagree man. To me it's just about fun. Where does the player you admire/cheer for rank in other people's minds. Then the discussions afterwards. Something to talk about when the actual sport isn't in play.

Merrith

Disagree man. To me it's just about fun. Where does the player you admire/cheer for rank in other people's minds. Then the discussions afterwards. Something to talk about when the actual sport isn't in play.

Yeah it's always better when it's something voted on by the players versus media, too. Like how the NHL has Hart Trophy for MVP but also the Ted Lindsay award which is given to the Most Outstanding player voted on by the players...doesn't always go to the same guy, obviously

• 2Like
long one is he’s locked in an adolescent mind with an adult body and bank account

Isn't that Brit Brit's deal too? She is still under guardianship of her dad I think. Smart parents of these athletically gifted people with the brains of toddlers should start realizing, they need to demand guardianship of their kid's entire career and access to resources. Like look at Manziel. His dad knew full well his kid was an idiot. Should have taken little Johnny to court, put him on the stand. The case would be over in 5 minutes. Guardianship granted.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is there a list of all the players who have opted out of the 2020 season? I saw something on ESPN that looked like they were listing them. But I was at the gym, so no sound.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

NFL certainly underestimated how many would opt-out.

Araxen

The NFL seems to be woefully unprepared which is insane to me since they had the most amount of time to prepare. It will not surprise me if there isn't a season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't see why the NFL would freak out about 40 players across 32 teams when every one of those teams has to cut 27 players between now and the start of the season anyway.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
How are players bodies going to stand up to covid once they start getting beat up from playing games. Doubt anyone has a good idea on how covid could impact players while the body is already trying to repair itself just from playing games.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see why the NFL would freak out about 40 players across 32 teams when every one of those teams has to cut 27 players between now and the start of the season anyway.

cutting shitty players does not = star players sitting out

Fadaar

That guy
I'd risk my life for a hell of a lot less money than these chucklefucks are being paid

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users