NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Realizing they could not sign him and this season is already over for them?
He is a 2/3 season rental on a franchise tag like contract (1 year $12mm) he wants like $20mm next year.
So an $8mm cap hit to ravens for this year? Then he walks next year. Very expensive rental, but they need someone who can get to Mahomes in this years AFC Champ game.

I'm not sure he walks from the Ravens next year, but I'm not sure exactly how their cap situation looks. Not sure I'd call 1 year $12M as a franchise tag like contract, unless you just meant the 1 year thing.

I did not think when they traded for him (the Vikings I mean) they considered him a rental. I thought when they traded for him they thought they were getting another bookend pass rusher to go with Danielle Hunter, who unfortunately has been hurt all year.

If they then decided they were sellers, I could understand trying to recoup some value...just seems like they got less than they paid for him (although not sure what the conditions are on the conditional 5ths that went each way in the two deals), when he put up 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 7 QB hits, and 5 TFL in only 6 games.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
They defiantly lost in this deal, spent a 2nd and 5th and got a deep 3rd and 5th in return to him. Turned a an early round 2 pick to a late round 3

Better to cut your losses and get some pick backs then the nothing they get if he walks.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They defiantly lost in this deal, spent a 2nd and 5th and got a deep 3rd and 5th in return to him. Turned a an early round 2 pick to a late round 3

Better to cut your losses and get some pick backs then the nothing they get if he walks.

How do the conditions work on picks if you then retrade the guy midseason? I know the conditional 5th the Vikings sent the Jags could have been a 3rd or a 4th if he was like 1st team all pro or some other awards/modifiers. I assume they don't carry over, or maybe the conditional 5th the Ravens are sending has the same shit.

Voldethlj02

Trakanon Raider
If they then decided they were sellers, I could understand trying to recoup some value...just seems like they got less than they paid for him (although not sure what the conditions are on the conditional 5ths that went each way in the two deals), when he put up 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 7 QB hits, and 5 TFL in only 6 games.
I don't know that they intended for him to be a rental at the outset but given their record, injuries, cap pressure for next year, and bleak outlook given said cap issues/contracts, he likely wouldn't be signed long term so they figured they might as well get something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Anyone who thought Cowboys / Giants was bad hadn't seen the worst of the NFC East yet.

This is near unwatchable.

Sterling

El Presidente
you know someone is going to get hot and win 3 out of 6 to the end the year and win this awesome division with 6 wins.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Dallas half game back now. Not sure they can overcome that hurdle this late in the season!

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I missed the game last night because my daughter came over for a visit. Holy fuck, this actually happened.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
In semi related football news. This is kind of crazy, especially since this has been going on for 5 years and he is just now convicted?

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users