NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Your grasping at some weak shit dude, he is in the concussion protocol.

Because we all trust the league in general to be first and foremost about player safety, right? Remember I pointed out he doesn't have to actually be hit in the head to suffer a concussion, too...merely pointing out that nothing would shock me with any sudden changes that make it easier for the face of the league to potentially play Sunday.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
sz0nb707p5c61.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Because we all trust the league in general to be first and foremost about player safety, right? Remember I pointed out he doesn't have to actually be hit in the head to suffer a concussion, too...merely pointing out that nothing would shock me with any sudden changes that make it easier for the face of the league to potentially play Sunday.
I doubt Mahomes is willing to play unless he is legit cleared. Half a billion dollars is probably more important to him than one game, especially since he won a SB already

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt Mahomes is willing to play unless he is legit cleared. Half a billion dollars is probably more important to him than one game, especially since he won a SB already

This. If anything the NFL/Chiefs wouldn't be willing to risk a single game if his chances for another injury are higher because of last week. They want him on the field for the next 20 years and certainly won't risk that if he needs to sit out to heal

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly....after what I have seen this disgusting country do with Trump, and all of the lies with election fraud, blatant MSM propoganda, lies, blatant unlawful action by left tech, etc. why wouldnt NFL games be fucking rigged?

Seriously, I was never one of those sports conspiracy people but fuck, there is NO DOUBT that its possible. Stealing an election is far worse than stealing a football game. Then you go back and look at some of the ridiculous calls that swung critical moments in games?

I dont trust any of it.

• 5Picard
  • 3Cutler
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 8 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Honestly....after what I have seen this disgusting country do with Trump, and all of the lies with election fraud, blatant MSM propoganda, lies, blatant unlawful action by left tech, etc. why wouldnt NFL games be fucking rigged?

Seriously, I was never one of those sports conspiracy people but fuck, there is NO DOUBT that its possible. Stealing an election is far worse than stealing a football game. Then you go back and look at some of the ridiculous calls that swung critical moments in games?

I dont trust any of it.

Again:

The conspiracy theories infiltrate every part of this community.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I dont trust any of it.

giphy.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol. So no one thinks games could be fucked with?

Id like to hope not, but you all have to admit there were some AWFUL calls in big playoff games over the years. Specifically the non interception call on Bowman as he tore his knee to shreds and basically ended his career and the 49ers ending up losing. If they call that a pick they win that game against Seattle.

There are worse ones than that, but that one I remember because of how upset I was.

edit: And I mentioned rigged games because of the meme pic Bubbles posted about Rodgers and Brady. Worse recent call was non PI call on Rams against Saints couple years ago.

Last edited:

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was he ever really on them?
He is half black and half white, so each side hates the other for being racist.

On topic, Mahomes tweaking his neck would be worse because that kind of injury can become a long term issue and potentially any hit could threaten his life. I know he is not technically a running QB, but he does move around a lot and often on designed plays. And his numbers are down since he got hurt last year a bit, which is normal the first time a mobile QB gets clipped. Dude needs to stop throwing himself into danger and protect himself a bit or his career will be short.

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
lol. So no one thinks games could be fucked with?

Id like to hope not, but you all have to admit there were some AWFUL calls in big playoff games over the years. Specifically the non interception call on Bowman as he tore his knee to shreds and basically ended his career and the 49ers ending up losing. If they call that a pick they win that game against Seattle.

There are worse ones than that, but that one I remember because of how upset I was.

edit: And I mentioned rigged games because of the meme pic Bubbles posted about Rodgers and Brady. Worse recent call was non PI call on Rams against Saints couple years ago.
First of all, it wasn't an interception it was a fumble recovery. Second of all, bullshit calls in NFL games have nothing to do with politics. Please keep them separate.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
He is half black and half white, so each side hates the other for being racist.

On topic, Mahomes tweaking his neck would be worse because that kind of injury can become a long term issue and potentially any hit could threaten his life. I know he is not technically a running QB, but he does move around a lot and often on designed plays. And his numbers are down since he got hurt last year a bit, which is normal the first time a mobile QB gets clipped. Dude needs to stop throwing himself into danger and protect himself a bit or his career will be short.
I mean, that play was completely out of the norm so I don't think he doesn't usually protect himself -- he probably was going for it more because of the playoffs but that does not happen in the regular season. He slides almost every time when he goes on a run. When he bootlegs out and the space is clear, he is continually looking to throw all the way up to the line of scrimmage.

He does move around a lot in the pocket, but is that really any more risky than sitting in the pocket and getting wrecked by a 300 pound defensive end coming up on your blind side? I would argue greater mobility behind the line of scrimmage can help avoid some of the more punishing hits that a QB takes. He only took 22 sacks for the year -- 21 QBs had more. He had 17 sacks in 2019 -- 30 QBs had more. It's not all because of the line.

The game is full of a lot of random luck with injuries. Russell Wilson has been playing a lot longer and with WAY more scrambles and designed runs and he's never missed a single game. John Elway helicoptered himself into the end zone and was way more risky throughout his career when QBs were less protected and he never had a serious injury. Shit's just fluky sometimes.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Well he's guaranteed $140 mil of that even if he gets hurt. Obviously $360 million is still a massive number, but you'd figure they set the $140M amount as one he'd be good with (I mean fuck, it's 140 million dollars). There's plenty of instances where a player thinks they can play, even if they're not cleared. Who knows where it'll all actually end up, we're all taking this in like 10 different directions from just the simple point of "I'm sure if he feels remotely capable, the league would love it if he could play this weekend".