NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well I'm talking if Gronk is done. There are reports at least here in NE with this being his 3rd back surgery that he won't come back.

Either way he's a shoe in for the Hall of Fame if Terrell Davis got in.

I know what you are doing here.

4ee.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
TD shouldn't be in but I do see the argument. He was one hell of a back for a few years and won both those SBs for Elway and Denver. I just consider him the perfect flash in a pan example. I guess Elliot just needs to play a couple more seasons since we all know it's the OL that really makes a RB (outside of Sanders)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
When is the last time an all time great back even made a difference in the SB or a playoff run. I feel like the only guys who get the yards to be considered great these days are on mediocre or worse teams cause if they are on a good team that team passes a lot.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
HoF criteria should be easy..

Were you the best at your position for a significant amount of time (at least 2 seasons) and did you help make your team good. Under that, TD would be a yes.

It sets the bar pretty high for QBs, but not impossible. The active QBs would be Brady, Rodgers and Brees. Eli, Wilson (so far) and Big Ben would be outside shots. Wilson still has a lot of career left, so lets say he is in. Eli and Rothlesburger might not both get in, but Ben over Eli all day.

Last edited:

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Nah Brady in 2010 was better, he was league MVP. Can't debate that.

I was gonna try... but Brees threw 22 INTs that season. Brady threw 4.

Yeah....

Looking at all the QBs side by side, its amazing how few INTs Brady and Rodgers throw compared to everyone else.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
36-4, in my opinion better season than his 07 season.

Crazy thing is he was even better this year in almost every comparable category. Higher rating, more yards per attempt, better completion percentage, more yards per game. insane.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
HoF criteria should be easy..

Were you the best at your position for a significant amount of time (at least 2 seasons) and did you help make your team good. Under that, TD would be a yes.

It sets the bar pretty high for QBs, but not impossible. The active QBs would be Brady, Rodgers and Brees. Eli, Wilson (so far) and Big Ben would be outside shots. Wilson still has a lot of career left, so lets say he is in. Eli and Rothlesburger might not both get in, but Ben over Eli all day.
You missed Felipe Rios.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We had a great RB get into the Hall of Fame this year! #BoltUp

Last edited:

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I think even Brees is an outside shot, he prolly gets it eventually. I think Eli and Big Ben have equal shots to Brees actually. Brees numbers are good but his actual track record for making the team good isn't great and he was really only the best at his position for one year maybe and even that is arguable.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that is a ridiculous HoF metric, 2L. Very, very few would get in and some iffy ones would pass more qualified candidates. Having a guy that is top 5 at his position for 10-12 years IS more valuable than a guy that's the top for just 2 and then sputters out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just two years at the top of your position? That's a shitty low bar you're setting.

And it makes Jacoby not getting in, again, look even worse. The best lineman on the best offensive line of all time, and only has 1 more year of eligibility before the senior squad.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think being absolutely dominant for a couple years (especially if those years end in superbowls) can balance out a longer career of just being very good. I would buy the case either way. Destroy the league for a couple years or be a top 10 guy for 10+ both make sense for a hall of famer. Another criteria that Dave Dameshek talks about is whether the story of your era in football can be told without talking about you. By that criteria TD gets in but somebody like Frank Gore, who was basically a 1000 yard back for most of his 12+ year career but only broke 1500 once and never really led the league or won any superbowls might not. Personally I think there's room for both.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every time someone calls Brady* the goat I'm reminded that millennials really are the worst generation that has ever existed.

• 4Like
  • 3Salty
Reactions: 6 users