NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
2007 is before 2013. Keep arguing though. You're the Tolan and Tanoomba of the NFL thread

I feel your pain. They were the best offense of their time. So was Miami in 1984. I'm still not fixated on it like you seem to be. Are you sure you're not the Tolan of this thread? You seem to be woefully informed of anything past 2007. I'll get you up to date. Matt Ryan is probably winning the MVP this year. Anything else from the far future you want to know?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, you said greatest offense ever. Not greatest offense up to that point. You lose in a battle of semantics.

Also, Rodgers > Peyton > Brady.

That Terrell Davis was pretty good. For 4 years.

To be fair I said Matt Cassell took over the greatest offense ever. Not sure how else you interpret it besides up until that point. I guess we can only call Denver the greatest offense up until now, because someone might be greater one day.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Rodgers has benefited just like Brady from being on the best team in a shitty division, Brady just got lucky playing in the AFC.

• 1Like

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Want to tell me again how Tom Brady is better than Aaron Rodgers at anything besides winning SBs?
(If I remember correctly...) Produced more offspring not with one, but two hot women?

Rodgers has that current woman, but who knows - she appeared right after the rumors were floating out there so perhaps he is not getting any...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
To be fair I said Matt Cassell took over the greatest offense ever. Not sure how else you interpret it besides up until that point. I guess we can only call Denver the greatest offense up until now, because someone might be greater one day.

I think most people see that and read it as best of all time, not just up until that point. Either way, he didn't take over the 2007 Patriots, he took over the 2008 Patriots. No team is up there in consecutive years so it's doubtful they'd have done it even with Brady.

Besides, even though they missed the playoffs they still went 11-5. That would have been good enough for a 1st round bye in the NFC this year. Not exactly a bad season like you're trying to allude to.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Alright, to be fair, you did. I stand corrected but I had fun. Did you?

Great points, Ambi. That part of my post seems to have been missed, lol...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Number one, I happen to think Flynn was a better QB. He had a drinking problem and fucked off in practice, though, which is why McFatty never gave him a shot. And as for Romo, I was talking playoff wins. Since you are a Dallas fan I can understand your unfamiliar with the concept.

Now you're talking playoff wins? That makes even less sense seeing as how Dak hasn't even played a playoff game.

That still makes Eli > Rodgers though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
But he didn't. Trevor Siemian took over the greatest offense ever, and piledrived that bitch into the fucking dirt. (no I'm not being serious fuckface)

Also, I'm fully on board with the Eli > Rodgers debate. New ranking.

Eli > Rodgers > Peyton > Brady. Fair?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Manning and Osweiler did that? You're not great with English, that's when I know my point is right,

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Except that's not hyperbole. He just forgot who was quarterback in 2014

thatsthejoke.jpg

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
IIt was in response to that last part, when those 2 QBs are number 1 and 2 on that list of all-time comebacks....and saying you would take Rodgers over the guys who have done it more than anyone in history is pretty fucking stupid.

It's not really stupid though. The list is built off false data. Itlan's list is way more relevant to how a QB plays in pressure situations. 4th quarter comebacks could literally mean you team was down one, and you were in field goal range as the 3rd quarter expired...you get stopped, kick the FG to start the 4th...and if your D holds out the rest of the way, you get credit for a 4th quarter comeback.

Conversely, a guy could lead his team down the field in the 2 minute drill, take the lead, but if they have a shitty D that allows the other team a lead re-taking field goal in the last minute...you don't get any credit for having driven down the field and taken the lead (see: Cousins against Lions this year).

Gun to my head, it's the SB and team is down 4, who do I want under center in the 2 minute drill right now? Aaron Rodgers. (if Giants had won in GB AND they were playing the Patriots in the SB then I would pick Eli for the likeliest of some crazy pass ending up a miracle 50 yard completion that leads to the game winning TD).

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Want to hear a crazy stat? Joe Flacco is credited with FIVE GW drives on which he didn't complete a single pass.

Clutch af right?

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well, if we are judging based off guys who drove down the field and won the big game, then we have to seriously consider Wilson...oh shit, little fella. Sorry...

Flacco is shit, always has been. Example 10 of shitty QBs with a ring.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Number one, I happen to think Flynn was a better QB. He had a drinking problem and fucked off in practice, though, which is why McFatty never gave him a shot. And as for Romo, I was talking playoff wins. Since you are a Dallas fan I can understand your unfamiliar with the concept.

I've watched Dallas win 3 Super Bowls and 14 playoff victories but don't let facts get in the way of your argument, carry on.