NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

12/3 is better than 16-0 because they scored slightly more points? And you stupid fucks are arguing about NE doing it against weak teams as if Denver played the hardest schedule the NFL has ever handed out? What the fuck kind of drugs are you people doing and where can I get some because the shit that comes out of some of you guys makes me think meth just isn't so great any more.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
12/3 is better than 16-0 because they scored slightly more points? And you stupid fucks are arguing about NE doing it against weak teams as if Denver played the hardest schedule the NFL has ever handed out? What the fuck kind of drugs are you people doing and where can I get some because the shit that comes out of some of you guys makes me think meth just isn't so great any more.

Holy shit Pats fans are on a roll today

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit Pats fans are on a roll today

I'm sorry, I had to bring them out of the woodwork.

MethHawk, you are already on way too many drugs, hence your stance on the Pats. We don't blame you. Drugs do bad things to the brain...Oh, and W/L record doesn't have much to do with offensive potency or the Broncos wouldn't even have made the playoffs last year. Obviously...someone scored more points just a few times against Denver that year. Still, the #1 ranked offense of allll timeeee...was in Denver. For you Stugotz.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I heard meth is a gateway drug anyway.

Wouldn't switching to a night game just make it more likely to be icy?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He even mentioned the Broncos "12/3" record and doesn't even get that the 2013 Broncos put up better numbers than the 2007 Patriots did in only 15 games. If you compare the full seasons the Broncos offense gained 737 more yards and scored 40 more points.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
He even mentioned the Broncos "12/3" record and doesn't even get that the 2013 Broncos put up better numbers than the 2007 Patriots did in only 15 games. If you compare the full seasons the Broncos offense gained 737 more yards and scored 40 more points.
Don't bring facts into this shit you asshole.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the important thing to remember is both teams sucked and lost.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I heard meth is a gateway drug anyway.

Wouldn't switching to a night game just make it more likely to be icy?
Its people getting to the stadium they are worried about. Once the game is over, the NFL gives no fucks what you do! lol

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
OK gotcha. So they're counting on the moon to warm things up enough to melt the ice.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>

But didn't you all lose that one game that year? The really important one? What is it called again?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Well 18-1 is much better than 15-4. You probably can't remember the name of the game because the Broncos lost by 40. Embarassing! Sad!

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Want to hear a crazy stat? Joe Flacco is credited with FIVE GW drives on which he didn't complete a single pass.

Clutch af right?

This is Joe Flacco's career in a microcosm. Trent Dilfer has as many SB wins and is just as relevant.

And Rodgers as comeback kid is a recent thing and one all veteran QBs develop eventually, to some degree. He does run the 2 minute offense better than anyone, mostly because McFatass isn't calling plays during that time. A lot of those comebacks also came at the expense of the Lions and Bears, who are notorious about shooting themselves in the foot.

His biggest weakness is probably that he is a stat whore (Brady is to a lesser extent) and will eat a sack rather than risk an incompletion because he likes being the god of fantasy QBs. Its also a major reason why it takes all season for a new receiver to get in rhythm with him, whereas someone like Brady, Favre, or Warner can put the local bag boy at X and hit him for a couple TDs in a game. It also makes him run a lot less than he could (which is good for longevity at least). I think a lot of this weekend's game will come down to how much Rodgers runs and what Dallas does about it.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
This is Joe Flacco's career in a microcosm. Trent Dilfer has as many SB wins and is just as relevant.

Dilfer has as many SB wins as Rodgers, Flaaco is better than and more relevant than the only SB wining QB in history to be cut the following season. Thanks for the laugh, haven't read something that delusional since Convo quit the forums.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've watched Dallas win 3 Super Bowls and 14 playoff victories but don't let facts get in the way of your argument, carry on.

The Aikman era came about because of the lack of a Salary Cap and the Herschel Walker trade, that handed Jerry an entire defense. The last SB the Cowboys won was the year after it went into effect and Switzer coasted on the roster that Jerry's bags of cash and Jimmy's knowhow built. The post cap era has seen three playoff wins in two decades. And if you want to dig up ancient history, both the Packers and Steelers have more NFL Championships in their total history and in multiple decades.

Having said that, Dallas has every advantage going into this game. The only way they lose is if they beat themselves. But historically, they have done that since the pre-cap days. This recent history in the playoffs is the only reason I think the Packers have a shot at this game.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Historically the only way a team loses is if their opponent outscores them. Your clichè is very post season. I look forward to your thesis on defense winning championships next weekend.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dilfer has as many SB wins as Rodgers, Flaaco is better than and more relevant than the only SB wining QB in history to be cut the following season. Thanks for the laugh, haven't read something that delusional since Convo quit the forums.

Since you obviously think Romo is a HOF caliber QB can I infer you think that ridiculous contract Flacco got after that game was warranted? Dilfer and Flacco have a ring because they were backed by the league's top Defense and a high end running game in those respective years, same with Wilson, frankly. Rodgers has never had that safety net (Manning didn't either, prior to Denver). Cowboys do have a damn good D-Line and O-Line, so they have the core nucleus to get it done, though. As I said they can only do it to themselves, which is a risk with rookies in key positions and the kind of recent history they have had. You will be able to tell how this game ends in the first two drives.

• 1Cutler

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Historically the only way a team loses is if their opponent outscores them. Your clichè is very post season. I look forward to your thesis on defense winning championships next weekend.

Teams come out flat (we do this all the time in Greenbay) or have a poor game plan (ditto), even when they have the talent edge. I mean do you really believe that the Roidhawks are a better team than yours just because you lost to them at home earlier this year? Obviously not. Momentum is also a thing, which is the one area that strongly favors the Packers (at the moment). One of the major reasons the Asterisks win so much is that they rarely come into a game flat. Experience and coaching have a lot to do with that. But a good defense never hurts and the Pats are always well coached in that area, if not talented.

If I were a Cowboys fan not doing an impression of a Boston fan, my biggest fears would be being rusty due to laying down the last couple weeks. As a Packers fan, our crappy coach and secondary are my biggest concerns. If we get burnt its probably the favorable matchup Beasley has against our middle that will do us in. If Dallas loses, it will be because they came in flat and Dez has a temper tantrum over it.