NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

Halan

Molten Core Raider
Hi OBJ (Edited for Clarity)

15896260_10154481463728073_2521995042116792958_o.jpg

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Easy way to tell if Giants are winning the Super Bowl...if they win a game in the playoffs, it's all over. Otherwise you'll read about how Manning's passer rating was great to these 2 guys, while everyone else thinks about his two turnovers and countless gifs of the Manning face.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I don't know. The "official" NFL Research Twitter account could be faking it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think the Cowboys _should_ win the game, at least on paper, next weekend. But I feel that Dallas has a very real danger of being cold in what amounts to a two week bye period for them and Dak has not been as sharp down the stretch as when he began the season. And, of course, the Packers are hot at the right time and the D is playing above its means late in the season (which is normal for Capers), so there is a very real danger here for the Cowboys. There is no room for McFattass calling a stupid go for it on 4th brainfart in this game, so any moment like that and this game is over for the Packers. I think its a coin flip and will depend entirely on how mentally prepared Dallas is after being off for so long after playing meaningful football. I expect it to be the best game of the playoffs, either way.

Pats have basically a red carpet ride into the SB unless they screw up against the Steelers. Say what you want about Darth Bellicheat, but he never has his team unprepared or under-motivated, so long odds of that happening. The KC Steelers game is likely to be the closest game in the entire AFC side of the playoffs, which does not say a whole lot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I think the Cowboys _should_ win the game, at least on paper, next weekend. But I feel that Dallas has a very real danger of being cold in what amounts to a two week bye period for them and Dak has not been as sharp down the stretch as when he began the season. And, of course, the Packers are hot at the right time and the D is playing above its means late in the season (which is normal for Capers), so there is a very real danger here for the Cowboys. There is no room for McFattass calling a stupid go for it on 4th brainfart in this game, so any moment like that and this game is over for the Packers. I think its a coin flip and will depend entirely on how mentally prepared Dallas is after being off for so long after playing meaningful football. I expect it to be the best game of the playoffs, either way.

Pats have basically a red carpet ride into the SB unless they screw up against the Steelers. Say what you want about Darth Bellicheat, but he never has his team unprepared or under-motivated, so long odds of that happening. The KC Steelers game is likely to be the closest game in the entire AFC side of the playoffs, which does not say a whole lot.

I've watched the Cowboys vs Green Bay 3 times and it's playing right now thanks to kodi and project D football replay as I write this post. Elliott ran all over the Packers D from the get go and that was without Dez Bryant to prevent stacking the box. The Packers secondary simply had no answer for Beasley, Williams had a nice game and Butler abused Gunter on a beautiful 20 yard TD. The offense march ed up and down the field with relative ease and would have scored more had Dak decided not to finally look like a rookie and made a few mistakes.

Dallas defense played it's typical bend but dont break and forced field goals. The Packers had fat Eddie and Jordy and still couldn't manage to score a TD until garbage time because when your down 30-9 and finally manage to score a TD with 3 minutes left in the game it's a garbage time TD. Dallas will have all hands on deck on defense, all the nicked up players will be back after getting rested and Claiborne makes his return.

You're right Dallas should win but it's the playoffs and anything can happen. 34-21 with 7 of the Packers 21 coming in garbage time is my prediction.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They also met when Rodgers was not yet in fuck-you-mode. This is not the same Packers team from mid-October. Y'know, the one that lost to the fucking Colts.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Yeah Dallas would be fucking up not to take this game coming up seriously. Packers haven't lost since Rodgers claimed they'd be running the table.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the Cowboys are a more complete team and it's not even close, honestly. But I'm hoping Rodgers being on a mission will continually just fuck the NFC. Problem is, Jordy is out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Burnem . I think any team but the Texans have a legitimate shot. If Texans had a better QB they would be trouble too.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I know talking heads have to talk, but feels like the Rodgers cock-sucking is never ending at the moment. I get it. He basically willed this team into 7 straight wins and just ass-raped one of the best defenses in the league. But it's really all on their passing game, they have no run game and no real way to control the clock. The defense is playing good, but they've really only needed to be good enough with Rodgers playing the way he is.

This game should be good, but even though this is a different GB team from the one Dallas faced in Week 6, this is also a different Dallas team than the one GB faced. The only Achilles heel I can think of is if Dallas shoots themselves in the foot with penalties. They limit those, especially in the run game, and I would expect Dallas to control this game from start to finish.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I know talking heads have to talk, but feels like the Rodgers cock-sucking is never ending at the moment. I get it. He basically willed this team into 7 straight wins and just ass-raped one of the best defenses in the league. But it's really all on their passing game, they have no run game and no real way to control the clock. The defense is playing good, but they've really only needed to be good enough with Rodgers playing the way he is.

This game should be good, but even though this is a different GB team from the one Dallas faced in Week 6, this is also a different Dallas team than the one GB faced. The only Achilles heel I can think of is if Dallas shoots themselves in the foot with penalties. They limit those, especially in the run game, and I would expect Dallas to control this game from start to finish.

Yeah, never listen to the talking heads. I remember a month straight of, "Is Rodgers family life fucking this guy up? Because he sure isn't the same guy as before." Now, it's, "Is this guy an unstoppable machine? Can even the Avengers slow this fucker down?" Their click-baity shit is annoying as fuck. Rodgers is top notch but I don't think he stops Dallas. I want a great game and it should be one but it's also just as likely Dallas completely dismantles them. I keep thinking of that Niners game a few years back as a comparison. GB has no Jordy. Weak ass run game. As a team, weaker than the Cowboys. Dallas has a running QB and a top notch run game. Defense has gotten better. If Dak plays a solid game, this could get ugly.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I forgot Dallas was so dominant against the pass. Oh that's right they suck vs the pass. Ranked 26th. So as much as I can't stand that power bottom Rodgers the dick sucking is valid.

2016 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

That being said Dallas is a good team and I expect a good game. It is Dallas' game to lose.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I forgot Dallas was so dominant against the pass. Oh that's right they suck vs the pass. Ranked 26th. So as much as I can't stand that power bottom Rodgers the dick sucking is valid.

2016 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

That being said Dallas is a good team and I expect a good game. It is Dallas' game to lose.
I think you're missing a fair amount of context here. You can't go by pure numbers because that was the same metric used going into the first GB/Dal game when it came to the rushing defense. "OMG, what will Dallas do against the #1 rushing defense?". Rush for 191 yards, that's fucking what.

Dallas was #2 in the league in TOP. Higher TOP + dominant running game + being ahead late = Teams pass more against them. Dallas was 3rd in the league with 633 passes attempted against them, versus 340 attempted runs. Despite this, they only allowed 6.9 yards per attempt. They also limited big plays. Only 45 passes of 20+ yards, and only 7 of 40+, good for 7th and 8th in the league respectively. All of that is right there in the link.

Do I think Rodgers is capable of exploiting Dallas' weaknesses in the secondary? Yes. However, Dallas is going to make him work for it. They also have an offense on the other side that will do what New York couldn't, march down the field and eat up clock. Best way to keep Aaron Rodgers in check? Keep him off the field.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For me it comes down to how mentally prepared Dallas is. They have not played a meaningful game in at least three weeks time and their offense has not been in top form for a while, either. If Dallas shows up ready to play and in rhythm, they will win. If they start slow and GB manages to keep McFatty from making dumbshit calls early, then we have a game.