NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moontayle

Golden Squire
...their offense has not been in top form for a while...
WAT?!

vs Tampa - 26 pts, 449 yards, 264 passing, 185 rushing.
vs Lions - 42 pts, 375 yards, 211 passing, 164 rushing.

Literally two of their three last games, with the Lions game being played after having secured home field through playoffs.

Their healthy scratches in the final game vs Philly still went through a full week of practice and weren't told they were going to be kept on the sideline until gameday. And the guys who were kept out? Well the three most important, Lee, Zeke, and Tyron, are All Pro for a reason. If you don't think Garrett will have this team mentally and physically prepared for this game, you're buying into the bullshit.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 2 weeks off could definitely go either way.

That said, this is their first playoff game so we will have to see how they handle it. Very little pressure when you pretty much have the season wrapped up, whole different ballgame when its win or go home from here on out.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
WAT?!

vs Tampa - 26 pts, 449 yards, 264 passing, 185 rushing.
vs Lions - 42 pts, 375 yards, 211 passing, 164 rushing.

Literally two of their three last games, with the Lions game being played after having secured home field through playoffs.

Their healthy scratches in the final game vs Philly still went through a full week of practice and weren't told they were going to be kept on the sideline until gameday. And the guys who were kept out? Well the three most important, Lee, Zeke, and Tyron, are All Pro for a reason. If you don't think Garrett will have this team mentally and physically prepared for this game, you're buying into the bullshit.
How mad will you be if they get spanked by the Packers? Will you blame Garrett solely?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If they start slow and GB manages to keep McFatty from making dumbshit calls early, then we have a game.

There is no way they keep McFatty in check. I still remember with horror the Seattle game last year.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Saw half a dozen vehicles with Alabama and Dallas Cowboys stickers on them while getting lunch today. Cowboys fans are the ultimate bandwagon bitches.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The 2 weeks off could definitely go either way.

That said, this is their first playoff game so we will have to see how they handle it. Very little pressure when you pretty much have the season wrapped up, whole different ballgame when its win or go home from here on out.
I'd say this is the big x factor. I still don't quite understand it, but a lot of players just don't show up for the playoffs like they did in the regular season.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Saw half a dozen vehicles with Alabama and Dallas Cowboys stickers on them while getting lunch today. Cowboys fans are the ultimate bandwagon bitches.

Last I checked Tide got rolled, true bandwagon faggots would have had Clemson stickers.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
How mad will you be if they get spanked by the Packers? Will you blame Garrett solely?

I can't speak for him but I won't be angry, the future is bright. Disappointment would a better description. I don't see Garrett costing us this game, he tends to be a pussy at times but rarely and none come to mind where you can point to Garrett and place the blame on him. Now McFatty on the other hand just watch the last minute of the first half when Dallas tried to just run the clock out with the ball at the 8 or so yard line. McFatty called a time out after Zeke ran for 6, then another after 3 yard run. Jet sweep to Lucky for 30+, out of bounds. 44 yards to Williams out of bounds, 20 yard TD to Butler. 90+ yards in under a minute with zero time outs, thanks McFatty.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I forgot Dallas was so dominant against the pass. Oh that's right they suck vs the pass. Ranked 26th. So as much as I can't stand that power bottom Rodgers the dick sucking is valid.

2016 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

That being said Dallas is a good team and I expect a good game. It is Dallas' game to lose.

The Packers are ranked 22 in total defense, and yet they keep curbstomping everyone. Their defense has gotten better since Aaron said they would win out.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know talking heads have to talk, but feels like the Rodgers cock-sucking is never ending at the moment.

Have to be honest, coming from a Cowboy fan on this board, this statement is ironic as fuck this year. I can bet it's annoying as fuck having to play them this week to keep hearing about it, but as a neutral fan watching how he's played down the stretch, it's been impressive as hell. You just are reminded that when he's at the top of his game, there's no one better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No matter what happens Dallas fans should be pretty happy about their team and future.

Merrith

I think you're missing a fair amount of context here. You can't go by pure numbers because that was the same metric used going into the first GB/Dal game when it came to the rushing defense. "OMG, what will Dallas do against the #1 rushing defense?". Rush for 191 yards, that's fucking what.

Dallas was #2 in the league in TOP. Higher TOP + dominant running game + being ahead late = Teams pass more against them. Dallas was 3rd in the league with 633 passes attempted against them, versus 340 attempted runs. Despite this, they only allowed 6.9 yards per attempt. They also limited big plays. Only 45 passes of 20+ yards, and only 7 of 40+, good for 7th and 8th in the league respectively. All of that is right there in the link.

Do I think Rodgers is capable of exploiting Dallas' weaknesses in the secondary? Yes. However, Dallas is going to make him work for it. They also have an offense on the other side that will do what New York couldn't, march down the field and eat up clock. Best way to keep Aaron Rodgers in check? Keep him off the field.

I never really saw Dallas "limit" big plays against them. I saw our QB miss a lot of wide open receivers against your secondary. I agree that their passing stats will be skewed a bit since teams obviously were forced to pass against them a lot, but it's not faulty to note that your secondary really didn't do much to slow great passing attacks. Packers have arguably as good a passing attack as anyone, too...and this with Rodgers on fire right now. I wouldn't be expecting the Packers to run the ball as much even if they had a competent running game...attacking the Dallas secondary is what would be smart, especially if you're expecting a high scoring game in order to win. Which I assume everyone is expecting.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
No matter what happens Dallas fans should be pretty happy about their team and future.

Fuck them all. The owner, team and their retarded fans. I fired someone for wearing a Cowboy's coat to work. I don't allow stars in my house.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

No one better. Ha.

When he's at his peak? I'm sorry, as good as Brady is (and what makes him better all time currently is his consistency...and not having MM as his head coach), he cannot do all of the things Rodgers can do. Scrambling, throwing on the run, hell simply buying time in the pocket. Yeah, it leads to some sacks, and yes, his O line does great job, but Rodgers himself creates just as much time with his footwork in the pocket. It's unreal. The first TD pass against the Giants you're not seeing any other guy in the league make that play.