NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Since you obviously think Romo is a HOF caliber QB can I infer you think that ridiculous contract Flacco got after that game was warranted? Dilfer and Flacco have a ring because they were backed by the league's top Defense and a high end running game in those respective years, same with Wilson, frankly. Rodgers has never had that safety net (Manning didn't either, prior to Denver). Cowboys do have a damn good D-Line and O-Line, so they have the core nucleus to get it done, though. As I said they can only do it to themselves, which is a risk with rookies in key positions and the kind of recent history they have had. You will be able to tell how this game ends in the first two drives.

Romo isn't a HoF QB, you really should just stfu.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Recent history doesn't mean much. Packers have been in what? 8 playoffs in a row? That's pretty impressive. Looks like they're really good at getting out of Wild Card weekend too. 4-2 in those games. 2-3 in the Division round though. With all that experience you'd think they'd be better prepared to get past that round.

The reality is that most teams churn about 1/3rd of their roster every year. Two years down the line? Probably half the team wasn't there.

You want recent history? Cowboys were 13-3 this year and in with the exception of QB and perhaps receivers, are the better overall team. When you really get down to it, the only thing that matters is how the team performed this year. Not last year, not the year before, this year. As fans we love the past, especially if it was successful. Other fans love to bring up the past if your team weren't all that great. But they really have no bearing on this year. And this year the Cowboys are a damn good football team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Except for the kind of culture the head office creates, I agree with you for the most part. The Packers quickest exit from the playoffs came on their 15-1 season. Their last ring came from when they were the six seed. There is such a thing as a mediocre team getting hot at the right time (see Eli x2), and the Cowboys management structure is almost as tenured as the Packers. And for the record, I feel both have some flaws. But, as I said, if the Cowboys come out and play as if were the middle of their big win streak (i.e. right before the second Giants game), they got this hands down. If they come out not in tempo (and the Packers do), then we have a game.

moontayle

Golden Squire
... and the Cowboys management structure is almost as tenured as the Packers.
I agree with everything you said except this. The management structure has changed significantly since Garrett became the head coach, which he's been only since 2011. Jerry still insists on being GM, but ultimately he shares decision making power with Stephen, Garrett, and Will McClay. The last of which didn't become part of the group until a couple of years ago. So the architects of the success of this year have really only been in place for a few years now.

For you guys, Thompson has been in charge since 2005 but he really cut his teeth back with them during the 90s as a scout. Even with his stint in Seattle, he's largely been entrenched in the organization for a long, long time. I don't know how much McCarthy has in terms of a say in who's drafted, but I'm sure being in the playoffs 9 of 11 seasons means he has some pull.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
When watching the GB vs Dallas game, look for Gunter and that's where the ball is going on pass plays, there isn't a single receiver on the Cowboys that man can cover.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Want to hear a crazy stat? Joe Flacco is credited with FIVE GW drives on which he didn't complete a single pass.

Clutch af right?

0H1cciN.jpg

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Since you obviously think Romo is a HOF caliber QB can I infer you think that ridiculous contract Flacco got after that game was warranted? Dilfer and Flacco have a ring because they were backed by the league's top Defense and a high end running game in those respective years, same with Wilson, frankly. Rodgers has never had that safety net (Manning didn't either, prior to Denver). Cowboys do have a damn good D-Line and O-Line, so they have the core nucleus to get it done, though. As I said they can only do it to themselves, which is a risk with rookies in key positions and the kind of recent history they have had. You will be able to tell how this game ends in the first two drives.

lol wut?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
$100 to any Coyboy known fan, here on this site. I bet Green Bay will win. Only one.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well 18-1 is much better than 15-4. You probably can't remember the name of the game because the Broncos lost by 40. Embarassing! Sad!

If a 7-9 team gets to the Super bowl and loses to finish 10-10, in the end it's the exact same result as the 18-1. You lost in the Super Bowl.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Recent history doesn't mean much. Packers have been in what? 8 playoffs in a row? That's pretty impressive. Looks like they're really good at getting out of Wild Card weekend too. 4-2 in those games. 2-3 in the Division round though. With all that experience you'd think they'd be better prepared to get past that round.

The reality is that most teams churn about 1/3rd of their roster every year. Two years down the line? Probably half the team wasn't there.

You want recent history? Cowboys were 13-3 this year and in with the exception of QB and perhaps receivers, are the better overall team. When you really get down to it, the only thing that matters is how the team performed this year. Not last year, not the year before, this year. As fans we love the past, especially if it was successful. Other fans love to bring up the past if your team weren't all that great. But they really have no bearing on this year. And this year the Cowboys are a damn good football team.

Ahhh, but how recent the history? As the Giants have shown us, what you do over the regular season can mean jack if you don't get/stay hot at the right time. No team in the league is as hot as Rodgers and Packers are right now. 7-0 run, Rodgers with 19 TD's and 0 picks over that spawn. Even if you go back a game to loss against Redskins, it's 22 TD's and picks over his last 8 games.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ahhh, but how recent the history? As the Giants have shown us, what you do over the regular season can mean jack if you don't get/stay hot at the right time. No team in the league is as hot as Rodgers and Packers are right now. 7-0 run, Rodgers with 19 TD's and 0 picks over that spawn. Even if you go back a game to loss against Redskins, it's 22 TD's and picks over his last 8 games.

Holy shit, Let's hope for another 22 pick game on Sunday.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moontayle

Golden Squire
You're kind of proving another point I made, in that this run of theirs has been all Rodgers. I'd also like to point out that they haven't exactly faced a murderer's row of offenses in that stretch either. When you're the 4th ranked scoring offense in the league, it's not exactly hard to beat teams that all exist in the lower half of that category. People gave Dallas all sorts of shit all year about playing a soft schedule or whatnot. Well, that works both ways.

Besides, Dallas is really good about getting ahead early and staying there, or keeping pace. The Giants forced punts on GB's first FIVE drives and only had 6 pts afterward to show for it. Rodgers is way too good to let him stick around like that. Dallas had the same thing happen to them versus Baltimore, with the same result. So Rodgers can do what he does, but the key to this game will be GB's defense. But they'll have a much harder time slowing down Dallas than they did the Giants.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Flacco:

WSS2Bil.png

Dilfer:

TDwRI4y.png

No one is voting for either of these mooks for the HoF but come the hell on. Its obvious who is more "relevant" and Flacco still has more seasons to go...

• 1Solidarity