NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It's always fun to stories about emergency goalies, especially when they get a minute or two at the end of a game that's essentially over.

Getting 14 minutes, stopping all 7 shots and being named first star of the game is awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I heard about that this morning. Best thing I have ever heard of for sports. More sports should have something insane like this. That accountant is a hero at work today.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
JT Miller now 9-7-16 in 15 gp with TB. He must feel he has died and gone to heaven getting to play on that top line. Cooper with the sweet troll putting Girardi on the PP at the end there for that final dagger. Don't mind moving up in the lottery, but this shit is getting hard to stomach. This season needs to be over already...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
JT Miller now 9-7-16 in 15 gp with TB. He must feel he has died and gone to heaven getting to play on that top line. Cooper with the sweet troll putting Girardi on the PP at the end there for that final dagger. Don't mind moving up in the lottery, but this shit is getting hard to stomach. This season needs to be over already...

Funny thing is I noticed Namestnikov a ton in our back to back games, his point production just hasn't been there. Still think he'll do better.

Fadaar

That guy
Funny thing is I noticed Namestnikov a ton in our back to back games, his point production just hasn't been there. Still think he'll do better.

In March (his first full month with the Rags) he had 1 point. He had over 10 pts each in Oct/Nov/Dec. Lowest he had for the Lightning this year was 6 pts in Jan and 5 pts in Feb. He had 7 pts total in Feb, 2 of those were on Feb 28th -- his first game with the Rags. Poor guy had to downgrade so much with the trade.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

He seems like a good dude, hope he succeeds but so far the take from TB fans after the trade seem pretty accurate. Bottom six forward boosted by Stamkos/Kucherov. On the other hand he hasn't been set up to particularly succeed either, we are basically icing pre-season lines. My money is on AV coaching the skill out of him as is his way, but thats a different matter all together. Shame he got buried on the 4th line against his old team, had to feel pretty shitty.

Fadaar

That guy
Pretty crazy how the Presidents' Trophy might come down to the Lightning's next two games -- Nashville and Boston, both games in Tampa.

Merrith

Gotta be honest, I think Grubauer needs to be the starter come Game 1 for the Caps.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Gotta be honest, I think Grubauer needs to be the starter come Game 1 for the Caps.

Agreed. He’s the hot hand right now and the team plays better. Last night was a good win. Trotz needs to keep that brand of unsexy hockey going into the playoffs if it wins them games.

Merrith

So basically everything set save for if Boston can grab #1 seed in the East today. Battle of PA lives again, Caps get a Torts' coached team one more time in Columbus. Some good match ups out west as well.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brackets are set. Im excited to have Boston again. At least 1 Bruins fan has them losing in 6.

nhl-playoff-bracket.png

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
NJ/TB gonna be a fun one, probably the worst team for TB to face. That one could go either way imo, especially the way TB is trending and Stamkos being questionable.

West picks:

Preds
Jets
VGK
SJ

East picks:

Bolts
Bruins
Caps
Pens

Hope I am wrong about the Bruins though, will be rooting for the leafs.

Fadaar

That guy
Seeds being 1-4 x 2 instead of 1-8 is fucking dumb. Going to have two of the top 4 teams gone by the end of the second round.