NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was just looking at the latest standings and it's ridiculous to compare the Atlantic to Metro. Atlantic is basically already decided for every single team (minus Toronto and Florida), meanwhile not a single team from Metro has clinched a playoff spot nor been eliminated.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah as good as Florida's late run has been, it was only for a chance at the wild card.

Metro been nuts, Columbus running off 10 in a row to compete for home ice/division title.

Merrith

Tom Wilson lighting up the "best goalie in the world" Price for two goals in the 1st period.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Tom Wilson lighting up the "best goalie in the world" Price for two goals in the 1st period.

Chytil,18 (most promising prospect) and Andersson, 19 (kid who threw silver medal) finally getting called up for a look. If Wilson harms a hair on their precious little heads i'm blocking you!

Merrith

Chytil,18 (most promising prospect) and Andersson, 19 (kid who threw silver medal) finally getting called up for a look. If Wilson harms a hair on their precious little heads i'm blocking you!

If it's an actual bad hit, I'll listen. If it happens because 6'4 220 lbs is just too much for kids to handle, I'll enjoy all tears. You guys should totally just tank these games, I want home ice in the division.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
If it's an actual bad hit, I'll listen. If it happens because 6'4 220 lbs is just too much for kids to handle, I'll enjoy all tears. You guys should totally just tank these games, I want home ice in the division.

After adding these last two AHL rookie teenagers, there is literally nothing more management can do to set up a tank. Not that I think that is what they are doing, but all the same..

Considering we let up another 40+ sog game against the sabres of all teams, i'd be a concerned caps fan if they lose. Hope Lundqvist stays out for these games, Georgiev has been unreal. So far he has denied Crosby and Eichel, this would be a fun test.

Fuck tanking though, TOR is the only team in the past decade+ to benefit from losing and only because other teams passed on Nylander/Marner IMO.

Merrith

After adding these last two AHL rookie teenagers, there is literally nothing more management can do to set up a tank. Not that I think that is what they are doing, but all the same..

Considering we let up another 40+ sog game against the sabres of all teams, i'd be a concerned caps fan if they lose. Hope Lundqvist stays out for these games, Georgiev has been unreal. So far he has denied Crosby and Eichel, this would be a fun test.

Fuck tanking though, TOR is the only team in the past decade+ to benefit from losing and only because other teams passed on Nylander/Marner IMO.

You guys were up 5-0 I saw at one point. Pretty normal with score effects that bad for the team behind 2+ or 3+ goals to start piling up the shot totals.

Yeah they did have those guys, I don't want to say completely fall in their laps, but others definitely passed. I just want to lock up home ice and not have to much riding on shit down the stretch. Pens in Pittsburgh, Devils who literally just beat both Pitt and Tampa on back to back nights, and a game against Nashville. Although the Nashville game is 2nd to last game of the year I believe, they might have everything wrapped up by then (or Pres out of reach).

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
You guys were up 5-0 I saw at one point. Pretty normal with score effects that bad for the team behind 2+ or 3+ goals to start piling up the shot totals.

Typically you are right about the shots, but they had 22 after the first. Getting shelled early has kinda been the teams downfall this season. To emphasize, we have allowed 19 goals in the first minute this season. Nine. Teen.

Merrith

Typically you are right about the shots, but they had 22 after the first. Getting shelled early has kinda been the teams downfall this season. To emphasize, we have allowed 19 goals in the first minute this season. Nine. Teen.

Damn. That's an insane stat.

Merrith

Well Stoic your young guys each had a point, one a goal. Wish we hadn't taken foot off the gas as much in the 2nd, but honestly Pavelec came on in relief and made a number of big saves to give you guys a glimmer of a chance at a comeback.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Well Stoic your young guys each had a point, one a goal. Wish we hadn't taken foot off the gas as much in the 2nd, but honestly Pavelec came on in relief and made a number of big saves to give you guys a glimmer of a chance at a comeback.

Yeah, in retrospect having Georgiev start in net was asking for trouble. The kids looked lost that first period, taking into account our predisposition for competing early and all, well... yeah he had no chance I guess.

Despite getting abused in the 1st, very happy with the last 40 minute effort. Love watching Chytil play, he has alot of flash. Not something Ranger fans are used to out of our young prospects. Kuznetzov with the disrespect lacrosse move was funny shit though. Caps came out in the second thinking they were the globetrotters, happy we didn't get blown out.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sharks now with 8 in a row, and they've won the vast majority of their games since acquiring Kane. It is hard to overstate how good this team has been since snagging him.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Yeah, in retrospect having Georgiev start in net was asking for trouble. The kids looked lost that first period, taking into account our predisposition for competing early and all, well... yeah he had no chance I guess.

Despite getting abused in the 1st, very happy with the last 40 minute effort. Love watching Chytil play, he has alot of flash. Not something Ranger fans are used to out of our young prospects. Kuznetzov with the disrespect lacrosse move was funny shit though. Caps came out in the second thinking they were the globetrotters, happy we didn't get blown out.

I wouldn't read into it as disrespect when coming from Kuznetsov. Honestly sometimes I think he doesn't even realize how talented he is. I legit think his ceiling is higher than Backstrom's overall. I'd give Backstrom a higher grade as an overall passer, some of the sauce he can put on his passes over the years have just defied belief...but Kuznetsov can be a sneakier passer, has more speed, better puck-handler, and more of a goal scorer when he chooses to actually shoot.

I think sometimes Kuzy just tries stuff b/c he sees it as the best way to score. Half the time it'll be some pass when he's in the most open shooting position ever himself and we all tear our hair out because NO one else expects it, least of all the guy he tries to pass it to. We still put some chances on in the 2nd, Pavelec honestly made some huge stops on Carlson when he got to walk in from the blue line to the circles in acres of space and put a blast on net that Pavelec just got enough of his glove on to deflect out of play, another glove save on Burakovsky in tight, and robbed Ovechkin in the 3rd with his glove again on the PP. Definitely showed some fight from your young guys though, few good moves at the draft and your "future" will turn into the present again.

Merrith

Sharks now with 8 in a row, and they've won the vast majority of their games since acquiring Kane. It is hard to overstate how good this team has been since snagging him.

Might just be the landing spot for him that he's been waiting for. I haven't read any comments from him but assuming playoffs goes relatively well (no 1st round knockout) you'd have to think he might sign there to be a part of the new core they'll have starting next year.

Merrith

TWilson_Owns_Property_Rangers.jpg

Haha sorry Stoic. Don't worry, for Rags fans it's just a townhouse, has a full mansion for Isles fans.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
While it's bad for the tank, it always feels good to beat the Penguins. It's nice to be able to give my friend who's a fan some shit about it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
In other news, the NHL has released the lottery odds for the draft.

1: 18.5%
2: 13.5%
3: 11.5%
4: 9.5%
5: 8.5%
6: 7.5%
7: 6.5%
8: 6.0%
9: 5.0%
10: 3.5%
11: 3.0%
12: 2.5%
13: 2.0%
14: 1.5%
15: 1.0%

Wings have the Sabres, Sens, Blue Jackets, Habs, and Islanders left on the schedule. It would be nice if the Wings could manage to lose enough to get in to the top 3 spots, but it's not a huge change in the odds.