NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Toronto has no answer for that first line, they have been pretty surgical. Gonna be interesting to see if TB's endless wave of offensive tallent can break that defense. So far only one line doing the heavy lifting for Boston offensively and TB's defense is right up there if not better.

All theoretical of course, i'm sure the NJ Taylor Halls will turn it around for the reverse sweep!

As much as I'd love to see Jersey knock out Tampa, that Tampa/Boston 2nd round series would be just awesome to watch.

Fadaar

That guy
Toronto has no answer for that first line, they have been pretty surgical. Gonna be interesting to see if TB's endless wave of offensive tallent can break that defense. So far only one line doing the heavy lifting for Boston offensively and TB's defense is right up there if not better.

All theoretical of course, i'm sure the NJ Taylor Halls will turn it around for the reverse sweep!

y u no luv the tampa rangers?

Merrith

Somehow, it still wouldn't shock me if the Caps managed to push this to 7.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I honestly think if you take one game in Columbus you could get some major momentum and confidence back. If we go to a game 7 we're in major trouble. You dominated us last night but thankfully Bob played a hell of a game. Wilson not getting suspended ended up working in our favor. Thanks DPOS!

Merrith

If we go to a game 7 we're in major trouble.

You haven't watched many Caps series. It would be so Caps to manage to push this to 7 somehow only to lose Game 7 at home.

Stoic I wish that were true, but frankly Columbus has at least equaled us if not exceeded us in that department.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Does Trotz double down on grit against the king of grit himself, John Tortorella, or does he let the speedy youth into the lineup? I know it’s wishful thinking if DSP, Chaison, and Orpik never dressed again, but at least give Vrana, Stephenson, and Djoos the chance to see the ice. These guys consistently bring offense despite their shit d and board play. Best way to play d is to avoid being in your zone to begin with. Trotz undervalues speed in his lineup for whatever reason and we saw that last year with Nate Schmidt being healthy scratched for half the playoffs.

Merrith

Does Trotz double down on grit against the king of grit himself, John Tortorella, or does he let the speedy youth into the lineup? I know it’s wishful thinking if DSP, Chaison, and Orpik never dressed again, but at least give Vrana, Stephenson, and Djoos the chance to see the ice. These guys consistently bring offense despite their shit d and board play. Best way to play d is to avoid being in your zone to begin with. Trotz undervalues speed in his lineup for whatever reason and we saw that last year with Nate Schmidt being healthy scratched for half the playoffs.

I might sit Jerabek for Djoos. He was not good last game.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whelp, the Ducks got raped.

Lot of class-less bullshit out there tonight. That team is really full of fucking scum.

Jones is a fucking monster, as per his usual play-off form.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know Toronto's dead in the water, but they didn't do badly last night. And check out this save. Andersen was on fire.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Andersen played a great game. Getting the last change on home ice really helped the leafs, they may just make a series out of it yet.

Devils/Bolts got pretty spicy too. Lotta weird calls/non-calls both ways but pretty entertaining either way. Hedman got away with a pretty good spear on Hischier.

Merrith

That save was unreal, caught it live and we were wondering how the heck it actually went off the stick. Slow mo was great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That save was nuts... It looked to me to cross the goal line, but i guess the tech said he pulled off a miracle...

We were talking about "twitch" plays in Overwatch with my friends today. Basically practicing our Headshots on the quickest characters/most elusive characters in the game.

How is it these Korean teenagers can do so well in vidya games? Yet seem to be rather disappointing at most competitive sports... I don't think it's a fine Motor skills vs regular motor skills thing as my fine motor re literally at a level of a 10 year old... Yet, I can hold my own in FPS and played Varsity wrestling/Basketball through HS.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That cross check to Stahls neck was absolute horseshit. The no call. Then he scored a minute later and should have been kicked out of the game.

Brutal.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Yeah good win by you guys. Funny, I feel like that was one of our better games this series. All these overtime games are killing me.