NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah good win by you guys. Funny, I feel like that was one of our better games this series. All these overtime games are killing me.

Definitely a lot of back and forth tonight. Kind of feel bad for you, us Caps fans are used to this OT stuff. 11 of last 19 playoff games have gone OT, now 8 of last 9 in 1st round have needed extra time.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vegas sweeps. Pretty incredible.

Gonna be interesting to see how the Sharks adapt to them. Hopefully the Sharks can finish this sweep so that they can rest.

Merrith

Vegas sweeps. Pretty incredible.

Gonna be interesting to see how the Sharks adapt to them. Hopefully the Sharks can finish this sweep so that they can rest.

Going to be a great series (I'm assuming the Ducks don't pull off a miracle). Nashville and Winnipeg would be sick, too.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going to be a great series (I'm assuming the Ducks don't pull off a miracle). Nashville and Winnipeg would be sick, too.

NSH, WPG will be PHYSICAL. Whoever walks out of that series will probably be beat to shit.

Merrith

NSH, WPG will be PHYSICAL. Whoever walks out of that series will probably be beat to shit.

I just really get to enjoy the West series for the first couple of rounds, and those two 2nd round series would be great to watch.

Malakriss

I think if the Caps win the cup this year it would decimate their fan base. 15+ OT games would send far too many into cardiac arrest.

Merrith

I think if the Caps win the cup this year it would decimate their fan base. 15+ OT games would send far too many into cardiac arrest.

DGB posted this at some point before/during OT started last night

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy shit, Ducks get fuckin swept! Glorious.

Now, having that outa the way, we stole that one. That game was not ours. If they play like this against Vegas, they will get swept.

I hope they turn it around.

P.S. Martin Jones is a god(thanks LA)

Merrith

The hell. If Nashville's 1-0 lead with 7:30 to go holds up, all 4 West series will be finishes while all 4 in the East are still going (although 2 might end tomorrow, with the Metro ones both at 3-2)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of Game 3, looks like Caps are trying the same strat. Do nothing for p3/ot1 and then look for the lucky bounce after they tire themselves out.

Seriously though, game 4 was the only game this series they HAVEN'T looked like a beer league. I don't get it

Merrith

Speaking of Game 3, looks like Caps are trying the same strat. Do nothing for p3/ot1 and then look for the lucky bounce after they tire themselves out.

Seriously though, game 4 was the only game this series they HAVEN'T looked like a beer league. I don't get it

What series have you been watching? Game 3 we got out shot 10-6 in the 3rd and they had the only PP in the period, and in the first OT period. Even with that, still think we were the better team in OT in Game 3 (out shot them 14-9 total in OT). Game 2 we had 58 shots on goal. Today was the only game of the series where Columbus had superior shots on goal/possession/expected Goals numbers. Even with that, they needed Bob to bail them out twice in OT before Backstrom won it with a deflection.

3rd period today was literally the only period Columbus has really been dominate as the better team in the series. We've been very sloppy at times, and taking too many penalties, but realistically if Holtby plays this whole series, it's already over.