NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Momentum seems to be name of the game these first few matches.

Penalty kill

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On paper the score should be reversed with the panthers lmao! Welcome to the playoffs!

Should it, though? Playoff Bob, frankly we were tied for best record in the league at New Year's. I'm not saying we're going to be consistently on that level anymore with the age and injuries we inevitably get, but really the only question for us was goaltending. When one of our guys plays like this, anything is possible. I just don't expect either one of them to put together a stretch of games that looks like this. East having 8 teams with 100+ points for the first time by any conference in history made it so nobody was going to be an easy out, and we didn't even seem to give a shit the last 3 games of the year resting Ovechkin. I question how injured he really was/is.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
85438935983.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Out of all the series NYR vs PIT has felt the most like a playoff series.

Animosity

Dallas and Calgary and rangers and penguins are the only series where it’s just not a massive blow out every game. Kind of a snoozer first round unless things balance out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dallas and Calgary and rangers and penguins are the only series where it’s just not a massive blow out every game. Kind of a snoozer first round unless things balance out.
Pretty sure every other series scored more goals in the first period of game 1 than Dallas and Calgary have scored in the series.

Merrith

Not sure I'd say our 4-2 Game 1 win with an empty netter to seal it right at the end was a blow out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

An old video from the bubble playoffs which seems to be rather relevant today.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

I still know Calagary people that bring up the 04 cup. Still can't explain the concept of parallax to those people.

Merrith

....I don't wanna hear it

I assume this is about the GI thing, and not the fact you guys got two 3rd period PP's in a 4-4 playoff game yesterday. All normal missed/bs stuff because you're playing the Penguins aside, Rags definitely had their chances yesterday.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I assume this is about the GI thing, and not the fact you guys got two 3rd period PP's in a 4-4 playoff game yesterday. All normal missed/bs stuff because you're playing the Penguins aside, Rags definitely had their chances yesterday.

Mainly the GI, yeah. There have been what, 5 similar goals challenged so far and only the Pens get theirs overturned. It took less than 40 seconds to review no less. Series should be 2-1 Rangers but thats in the past.

As for the last game, yeah the Rangers had 2 chances to put the game away against a 3rd string goalie. No excuse there. But the calls are still horseshit either way. The first PP Pens get early in the game where the guy clearly falls on his own. The game started with tilted ice. And yeah they gave the Rangers 2 PP's in a tied game in the 3rd, but that was still a clear delay of game on the Pens that they blatently let go.

Just frustrating, the Pens look awful outside of Crosby and Guentzel. They held a lead for the first time this series for a period and a half yet are still up 2-1 in the series. Serious 2014 SCF vibes for me.

Still early but i'm not liking our chances if things keep going this way.

Animosity

The Rangers losing a series to Louie Domingue is almost too comical. Theyve been gifted a free series win with Jarry and DeSmith being injured.