NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The Rangers losing a series to Louie Domingue is almost too comical. Theyve been gifted a free series win with Jarry and DeSmith being injured.
Pretty much yup. Whoever wins this series deserves to get smoked in the next round at this point.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Barry Trotz fired. As a wings fan I am fully erect
Yzerman should be all over that before Vegas has a chance.

This news made me so much happier about whatever I was bitching about. LL destroyed that team's future and now their present.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yzerman should be all over that before Vegas has a chance.

This news made me so much happier about whatever I was bitching about. LL destroyed that team's future and now their present.

Trotz would be a terrible pick up for the Red Wings. Trotz tends to get the most out of established teams, thats who he is as a coach. He is terrible at developing young players and almost always puts his faith in older, more experienced guys. The Red Wings right now are still very much in a developmental stage.

Vegas should be all over him but I have a feeling his home town of Winnipeg will make a big play too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trotz would be a terrible pick up for the Red Wings. Trotz tends to get the most out of established teams, thats who he is as a coach. He is terrible at developing young players and almost always puts his faith in older, more experienced guys. The Red Wings right now are still very much in a developmental stage.

Vegas should be all over him but I have a feeling his home town of Winnipeg will make a big play too.
That is pretty true. He does well at a creating a structured game and does well with defense and goaltending. Winnipeg would be a good spot for him to land. I could also see Dallas calling him up now since they dont have a coach under contract either. All 3 of those teams are older veteran teams with good defenses and goaltenders.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

Yeah, the more I thought about that and how he's killed Barzal and Wahlstroms offense I agree it's a mismatch. Vegas, Winni or Philly are most likely gonna fight over him.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mainly the GI, yeah. There have been what, 5 similar goals challenged so far and only the Pens get theirs overturned. It took less than 40 seconds to review no less. Series should be 2-1 Rangers but thats in the past.

As for the last game, yeah the Rangers had 2 chances to put the game away against a 3rd string goalie. No excuse there. But the calls are still horseshit either way. The first PP Pens get early in the game where the guy clearly falls on his own. The game started with tilted ice. And yeah they gave the Rangers 2 PP's in a tied game in the 3rd, but that was still a clear delay of game on the Pens that they blatently let go.

Just frustrating, the Pens look awful outside of Crosby and Guentzel. They held a lead for the first time this series for a period and a half yet are still up 2-1 in the series. Serious 2014 SCF vibes for me.

Still early but i'm not liking our chances if things keep going this way.

The Carolina one seemed pretty wtf, too. We had one late in the season that was similar with the puck loose and sliding slowly towards the net and a player used their stick to push Samsonov's pad into the net and the puck slid in behind it (the player may have made slight contact with the puck after he started pushing the pad). But since it wasn't frozen the goal counted. It's a weird grey area I feel.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I were Trotz, I would probably want to go to an established team with plenty of talent already that just needs some discipline in their game.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
This is the first game the panthers have consistently looked like the better team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

How I felt having no stake in this game listening to the crowd berate Igor.

1652146787770.png

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Pens ran a clinic on our D. Got behind guys at will and were tipping everything. Igor human =(

Animosity

Sucks for the Rags. Kreider and Igor had such great seasons, only to fall flat against a third string goalie.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sucks for the Rags. Kreider and Igor had such great seasons, only to fall flat against a third string goalie.

Everyone loves a good story, I get it. But Domingue has nothing to do with anything. Rangers are over passing and not driving to the net. His job has been easy.

Pens are defending perfectly in front and putting everything on net. Exactly what the Rangers should be doing but for lack of experience somehow refuse to. They have gotten bailed out so much by Igor all season, they are finding out that rarely works in the playoffs.

Oh well, It's part of the process. Still one of the younger teams. On the bright side, our younger guys have played the best for us.