NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weak argument. Incidental hit 2 minutes at most (didn't see if it got assessed anything).

The guy literally cut in and skated into his shoulder. Somebody tell Bennett your supposed to lead with your shoulder not your face.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saros with the nod yo the Vezina, over Anderson, Campbell, Sorokin. Guess it doesn't really matter although I think Markstrom at least deserves to be a serious consideration.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saros with the nod yo the Vezina, over Anderson, Campbell, Sorokin. Guess it doesn't really matter although I think Markstrom at least deserves to be a serious consideration.
Campbell disappeared the last half of the season and Sorokin was good but the Islanders were awful all year and he splits alot. Saros carried that team into the playoffs and deserves the recognition. But I was surprised Anderson or Vasy didnt get a nod. The goalie with the most wins usually wins. Choice is between Markstrom and Igor for me.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Weak argument. Incidental hit 2 minutes at most (didn't see if it got assessed anything).

The guy literally cut in and skated into his shoulder. Somebody tell Bennett your supposed to lead with your shoulder not your face.
This is a minority opinion and the caps took the lead on that “turnover”. Florida had to pull their goalie and score again to force OT because of that play.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude he literally cuts into him. What's Oshie supposed to do roll out of the way?

Also that's pretty funny they scored on that. Too bad they didn't get the win because that would've been even funnier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a minority opinion and the caps took the lead on that “turnover”. Florida had to pull their goalie and score again to force OT because of that play.

Guess nobody found all the angles for the hit that were posted.

I mean, his own stick is what gives him the "headshot".

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
…if the stick wasn’t there it would only mean that more of his shoulder impacted his head. That was a high hit.

Merrith

…if the stick wasn’t there it would only mean that more of his shoulder impacted his head. That was a high hit.

his hands are easily down at chest level, where the contact clearly is initiated. If he doesn't dip his head and raise his stick like he does, he likely takes far less head contact (from Oshie or his own stick). The comments about him cutting into Oshie's path are also true. It's not a targeted high hit.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It’s all subjective and the only opinions that matters are the guys on the ice. We’ll see what comes of it game 5 if anything.

Merrith

It’s all subjective and the only opinions that matters are the guys on the ice. We’ll see what comes of it game 5 if anything.

As far as whether the hit was a legal/not legal hit, guys on the ice opinion doesn't mean anything. Either team could go win or lose Game 5 and it means nothing as far as that hit itself. Each team will just back their guy no matter what.

In other news, man...this could get really bad for Toronto if Tampa scores on this PP

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
As far as whether the hit was a legal/not legal hit, guys on the ice opinion doesn't mean anything. Either team could go win or lose Game 5 and it means nothing as far as that hit itself. Each team will just back their guy no matter what.

In other news, man...this could get really bad for Toronto if Tampa scores on this PP
You’re right. Your opinion definitely matters more than the guys fighting it out on the ice. If they think it was bad then they’ll get theirs. That’s what I’m saying.
They’ll always back their teammates but if they think something was wrong then it’s different.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can we make it a 3x too many men penalty? Lightning are their own biggest enemy every game.

Merrith

You’re right. Your opinion definitely matters more than the guys fighting it out on the ice. If they think it was bad then they’ll get theirs. That’s what I’m saying.
They’ll always back their teammates but if they think something was wrong then it’s different.

Didn't say my opinion matters any more than the guys on the ice, but just because they want to be mad about it or the Caps just defend Oshie because they're on his team, doesn't make it the end all be all decision on it. These days guys get gone after for perfectly clean hits just because teams get pissed about it, it's not the old days. Not sure Florida wants to get into that kind of game with us anyways, but we'll see how it plays out. We're likely going to be more worried about just winning a hockey game.

What a comeback by Toronto.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay, Toronto did it tonight. Is it possible they make it out of the first round?

im-still-feeling-skeptical-saturday-night-live.gif

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the monkey off their back or will Toronto find a new way to crush their fans hopes and dreams?