NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
18t45j23ptu61.jpg

Feels good man.

Unfortunately Larkin was out tonight and might be out for a while, Bert and Nielsen are out for the season. Fabbri is day to day, so maybe we'll see him soon.

Well Ovechkin pulled up a little lame only a few seconds into his final shift late in the 3rd tonight, didn't take a shift the final ~3 minutes or any of OT.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Islanders tried a new OT strategy tonight, skate around with the puck and basically almost never shoot. Boring as fuck. Guess they got what they deserved losing in the shootout. Samsonov looked sharp.
Ya that’s been their strategy all season. Try and wear the defense out and go for a quick strike. It’s finally getting criticized in the media.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Either last year or the year before I remember a team just playing keep away whenever the opponent's top line was on the ice during OT.

Merrith

Either last year or the year before I remember a team just playing keep away whenever the opponent's top line was on the ice during OT.

I've seen that before, I've never seen actually keeping themselves away from basically any scoring attempts but one. They had Carlson on the ice for over 2 minutes but basically just kept circling until finally we got possession enough to get a change in.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aho and Necas are amazing and this was shorthanded. I understand it's a weird year but Canes are special this season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Aho and Necas are amazing and this was shorthanded. I understand it's a weird year but Canes are special this season.

Them and the islanders are just so well coached. Not really any superstars on either team but they just run through everyone. Granted Canes are way more fun to watch then the Islanders. A conference final between the 2 teams would be interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Remember when Buffalo was the worst team ever? They're a period away from being only 1 point behind Jersey.

Animosity

They had the Taylor Hall curse. And now he’s gone. Really happy to see Middlestadt having success finally.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I know I said this early on, but I love what Kaprizov is doing in Minnesota. He's completely changed the look of that team. Great Hockey market, they deserve it.

• 2Like

Merrith

I know I said this early on, but I love what Kaprizov is doing in Minnesota. He's completely changed the look of that team. Great Hockey market, they deserve it.

I don't seem them getting out of their division bracket, but they might be able to upset one of Vegas/Colorado. It's hilarious how much Kaprizov is lapping the field for Calder.

Animosity

He’s just so fun to watch. His skill is ridiculous. Every goal is a highlight. Super happy for Minny. If they had a top center they would be a real force.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Halfway through our last game with the stars and the wings are being out shot 35-3 but winning 1-0.

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

• 2Like

Merrith

2nd is over and it's 41-6, stars with 60 attempts, 11 blocks by the wings and Bernier standing on his head. Dallas is also 0/4 on the pp and we've yet to get one.

It's certainly not boring

Bernier going to change his name to Halak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Unfortunately the madness has subsided a bit. 1-1 now and the wings are still being badly outplayed.

Damn, still keeping you guys in it. No Ovechkin for us tonight, no problem. Kuznetsov had a real strong game, Sprong got back into the lineup and scored twice in Ovi's spot.