NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
If you manage to take care of business against Isles and Bruins ( you should let us win both of our games, though, maybe in OT?), could help out. Buffalo has been playing decent of late, although I'd still favor anyone that isn't Jersey or Philly against them.

Yeah, Buffalo definitely outplayed us tonight but our goalie stole one. They are playing well lately for sure. Pretty sure they just recently beat Boston too so it's not impossible.

Should be interesting if Varlamov is out long term as well.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Buffalo definitely outplayed us tonight but our goalie stole one. They are playing well lately for sure. Pretty sure they just recently beat Boston too so it's not impossible.

Should be interesting if Varlamov is out long term as well.

Yeah I was surprised both with Sorokin getting the start tonight and Varly not even being dressed. Didn't hear anything prior.

I'm super curious how much money Reinhart ends up getting paid by Buffalo after this year. Already making $5M+, RFA with arb rights. He can't stop scoring lately.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was surprised both with Sorokin getting the start tonight and Varly not even being dressed. Didn't hear anything prior.

I'm super curious how much money Reinhart ends up getting paid by Buffalo after this year. Already making $5M+, RFA with arb rights. He can't stop scoring lately.

I've always liked Reinhart, crazy he's making half of what Skinner makes. Though I do kind of like Skinner too, that contract is nuts.

Merrith

I've always liked Reinhart, crazy he's making half of what Skinner makes. Though I do kind of like Skinner too, that contract is nuts.

Fuck Skinner. Been a whiny pos since his carolina days. Only guy I ever really disliked on the Canes.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck Skinner. Been a whiny pos since his carolina days. Only guy I ever really disliked on the Canes.

At the time most Canes fans were surprised by the trade but Carolilna was never going to sniff anything close to that contract. Plus you can make the argument that trading Skinner opened the door for Svech and Necas to shine.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was a little surprised by it too. I thought they would of worked out a deal. But then it was leaked what he wanted and I laughed. And then I laughed harder with what Buffalo paid him.

Merrith

At the time most Canes fans were surprised by the trade but Carolilna was never going to sniff anything close to that contract. Plus you can make the argument that trading Skinner opened the door for Svech and Necas to shine.

It wouldn't be all so bad if he didn't have the quintessential "contract year" explosion in goals and sign for so much for so long up there. Buffalo just has that massive anchor for awhile now.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was a little surprised by it too. I thought they would of worked out a deal. But then it was leaked what he wanted and I laughed. And then I laughed harder with what Buffalo paid him.

Yea from what I read they really weren't that close to a deal (word was he actually didn't get along well with Waddell), dude wanted to get paid. I also wonder how much buy in he would have under Rod and his coaching style.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn I hope the Rangers get a spot. That would be amazing. Pretty rough schedule rest of the season though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Binnington back to being a psycho shmuck. Least likable current goaltender by a mile, sad he got a ring and Hank didn't...

Damn I hope the Rangers get a spot. That would be amazing. Pretty rough schedule rest of the season though.

I can tell by your post that you are very handsome and well educated

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Binnington back to being a psycho shmuck. Least likable current goaltender by a mile, sad he got a ring and Hank didn't...

I can tell by your post that you are very handsome and well educated
Would just love to see the Bruins lose a spot is all.

Although a TBL/NYR ECF would be interesting, I'd also love a run at the Pens. Or maybe a Caps you could have Russian Jesus vs Russian Jesus story (I'm so apprehensive about Kuch coming back in the playoffs. Like it's going to be amazing or god awful.)

Love me some playoff hockey. Although I hate this season's format, once we're out of the second round will be nice to see teams finally get to test each others meddle. Kind of build some real hype for Conference Finals and Stanley Cup.

But yea much respect to NY, hell we got a lot of our best guys from you! Still missing Shatty

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
It is so unbelievably frustrating watching Vanecek in goal for the Caps, essentially resigned to assuming any high danger opportunity will result in a goal. No faith that he'll ever steal a goal from someone

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
180228899_4097131427032816_7504486165547716494_n.png

Merrith

It is so unbelievably frustrating watching Vanecek in goal for the Caps, essentially resigned to assuming any high danger opportunity will result in a goal. No faith that he'll ever steal a goal from someone

Yeah, I felt like we kind of gave the game away tonight a bit with turnovers and a lack of a "big save" a times. At least noted goal scorer Tom Wilson clinched the playoffs for us tonight getting game to OT with Rags getting pummeled. Rough night for the Rangers, maximum points for 4 teams above them.

Merrith

Merrith Merrith just wanted to update you on your boy.

Yeah I saw the goal last night, pretty slick backhand we didn't get to see him use a whole lot here. Wish he was a little more animated after scoring, though, he used to be pretty happy potting goals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user